Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Root-Server Spring 2019 (2 ded cores/ 20 GB RAM / 128 GB SSD - 9.95 EUR) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Root-Server Spring 2019 (2 ded cores/ 20 GB RAM / 128 GB SSD - 9.95 EUR)

12346»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@adamus007p said:
    Hello Guys where to find eggs for 1,79€ VPS 200 G8 for the netcup https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2000 ?

I was trying to get a VPS 500 G8 but it is sold.

Unless the Easter Bunny returns, that offer is long gone.

• rchurchrchurch Member

@Neoon said:

@asb said:
    Interestingly, netcup have just made their RS4000 and RS8000 "Root Server" offerings significantly less attractive in terms of core count.

Old vs new:

To much mining.

Can you buy additional cores and RAM, without going up to the next level?

• williewillie Member

rchurch said: Can you buy additional cores and RAM, without going up to the next level?

What would the next level have besides that? Just SSD and bandwidth? Those are cheap by comparison.

• Deal is over?

@doughnet said:
    Deal is over?

You're only a month late.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@aj_potc said:

@Whoa said:

as told, we do need a legit document, proofed by official instances.

Some copies of invoices of random things cannot be accepted due to reasons of security. We had big problems in the past and suggest you let proof your adress of
    for example the german embassy in your country.

After sending that, we will check again.

Thank you for your understanding.

German embassy?!? Now this is just comedy. Can you imagine what the officials at your German embassy would say if you went to the trouble to actually go there, and then ask them for this? I'm guessing, after a lot of initial confusion about what you want, you would be laughed out of there.

In Germany, everybody has to register themselves with the local authorities (called the Meldeamt) when they change their address. (In fact, this is one of the simpler parts of the massive German bureaucracy.) Therefore, to a German, it's perfectly reasonable to expect that everyone can produce a document certifying their address. That's nice, except not every country does this. In the US, for example, such a thing simply doesn't exist. I've even heard Germans say, "well, surely you can go to the local police and get this, right?". No, no you can't. :-)

Of course Netcup has every right to refuse any client they like. But they should come up with more reasonable ways to handle identity verification. In fact, any document can be forged, so how are they able to tell what's "official" versus what's fraudulent? I suppose that same question could apply to any provider doing verification based on documents sent electronically. At some point, they just have to trust that what the client is telling them is true based upon the evidence. Otherwise, no amount of evidence or documentation will help.

You are very wrong here. Such a wall of text and you didn’t even bother to google it.

What’s required is an apostile and it’s done for a fee.

For example, in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

• aj_potcaj_potc Member

@Clouvider said:

You are very wrong here. Such a wall of text and you didn’t even bother to google it.

Wow, you're an abrasive type, aren't you? I've clearly explained why Netcup's expectations may seem strange or foreign to international clients. This is based on extensive experience with both the German and US systems. There's nothing wrong there.

And if you had read further in the discussion, you would have seen where I discussed apostilles with another user.

An apostille is a certification of a public document. US authorities do not issue the kind of proof of residency that Germans are familiar with. Therefore, there is no registration document to be certified. This is what makes Netcup's suggestion to the user so silly.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2019

@aj_potc said:

@Clouvider said:

Wow, you're an abrasive type, aren't you? I've clearly explained why Netcup's expectations may seem strange or foreign to international clients. This is based on extensive experience with both the German and US systems. There's nothing wrong there.

And if you had read further in the discussion, you would have seen where I discussed apostilles with another user.

An apostille is a certification of a public document. US authorities do not issue the kind of proof of residency that Germans are familiar with. Therefore, there is no registration document to be certified. This is what makes Netcup's suggestion to the user so silly.

You don’t pay for power or water in the US? What about landline bills? You don’t get these too?

It’s same here in the UK, you don’t get the European style ID card with your address. This doesn’t mean you cannot prove where you live, unless you trying to be difficult on purpose.

• Clouvider said: pay for power or water in the US? What about landline bills?

As they ask for something in english, that would work for somebody from UK/US but not for each and every country: most people will only be able to get a bill in their native language.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 alexvolk
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@datanoise said:

Clouvider said: pay for power or water in the US? What about landline bills?

As they ask for something in english, that would work for somebody from UK/US but not for each and every country: most people will only be able to get a bill in their native language.

Yes, this.
    Probably @Clouvider came from a more business perspective but the point there is that the amounts required are "peanuts" for a business but not for a normal person. Similarly, to get something translated and notarized isn't uncommon for a business, but for a normal person it can be quite a task.

In my view that's largely irrelevant anyway because I think that NetCup's demands aren't that stringent. Of course their standard official wording and demand is stringent but in reality I found them to be quite reasonable. They simply don't want to burn their fingers and lose money on scammers and tricksters.

• aj_potcaj_potc Member

@Clouvider said:

You don’t pay for power or water in the US? What about landline bills? You don’t get these too?

Good luck getting an apostille for a bill. That's generally not an official document produced by a public authority of the type that can be certified. At least according to one poster, Netcup wasn't happy with seeing bills -- they wanted something more official and made a very silly sounding request for it.

It’s same here in the UK, you don’t get the European style ID card with your address. This doesn’t mean you cannot prove where you live, unless you trying to be difficult on purpose.

What I'm explaining is that you can't get a confirmation of address as easily as Netcup seems to believe. That's because in some jurisdictions, such a certification document does not exist -- to the great surprise of many people who live in other jurisdictions, where such a document is a simple and basic part of life.

• williewillie Member

aj_potc said: An apostille is a certification of a public document. US authorities do not issue the kind of proof of residency that Germans are familiar with. Therefore, there is no registration document to be certified.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention#Eligible_documents

which includes "administrative documents (e.g. civil status documents)" (that sounds like it would include things like drivers licenses) and "notarial acts".

At least in my state, they print your address on your drivers' license, and they mail the license itself to that address. The address is not necessarily your residence, but you do have to be able to get mail there in order to receive the license.

Would Netcup be satisfied with something like that? I don't know but I'd like to hope so.

• nfnnfn Veteran

It's available again:

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2350

Get you money ready :)

Thanked by 2angstrom alexvolk

@nfn said:
    It's available again:

They say that the promotion lasts only until 18:00 (CEST) today, so indeed, one would need to act quickly.

(It's a great deal, but I may pass. I just got one of their Easter specials.)

• @nfn said:
    It's available again:

Thank you. Well, 80GB RAM now in total and it's only for this product.