Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@kalipus said:

@kalipus said:
    just get

The following errors occurred!
    Registration rejected.

The system does basic anti fraud checks.

good I disabled VPN

Token: b9c0fce89d6da964a90dac17ebe46bce778f8616

reason: want to use it as a monitor vps for a few little servers, websites and app monitoring dev

would also like to prefer a more stable location like netherlands, if something get available, thanks in advice, best wishes!

Deployed.
    If you need a eu location, microLXC Norway may be an option.

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • @Neoon said:

@kalipus said:

@kalipus said:
    just get

The following errors occurred!
    Registration rejected.

The system does basic anti fraud checks.

good I disabled VPN

Token: b9c0fce89d6da964a90dac17ebe46bce778f8616

reason: want to use it as a monitor vps for a few little servers, websites and app monitoring dev

would also like to prefer a more stable location like netherlands, if something get available, thanks in advice, best wishes!

Deployed.
    If you need a eu location, microLXC Norway may be an option.

thank you!
    tried it on the site, but my thanked counter is too low, too bad...

I am sorry to inform you of an incident that did happen at NanoKVM.
    For short, someone did shutdown a server without prior notice, monitoring noticed, send one email, but it did fall under the table.

According to Hetrixtools, NanoKVM RO went offline at Thursday 22:24, someone at HostsolutionsRo did trigger a shutdown of the node, according to syslog. Ticket is pending as of now.

At this given time, I did noticed that email but I did not took it seriously, since it does happen that the monitoring report false positives or a network tends to be unstable sometimes, especially certain providers.

Usually I do a 2,3 or even 4 stack, means we do a combination of UptimeRobot, Hetrixtools and CrypticSky and/or Night-Sky.
    At this given time, NanoKVM RO was monitored just by Hetrixtools, which had recursive notifcations disabled by befault.

Essentially, due to this, the server has been down this Thursday 22:24 until Today.
    I am really sorry for this, I have updated our monitoring config for NanoKVM RO to prevent this from happening again.

I will update this as soon we get a response from Hostsolutions.

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • EddingEdding Member
    edited February 2021

Running a Smokeping instance to Monitor Server and Network Uptime/Quality and a Cloud for Private use.
    If Possible some more Space like +40GB for the Cloud usage

f93ac5e576c6718a1f0739f8460bd1c273902313

• Token: ccee9ef2008685ed8ef3f111cd37a438d0a1153d

Free online spring & summer classic auto shows (a new approach because of COVID19).
    Relaxing themes, yet detail based and totally non-profit. Free open areas for the most part, but interactive with simple online signups.

Includes owner-unique video links and personalized vector & static based graphics for the enthusiast.

Essentially for N Europe, so you know it will be good, (and extremely addictive).

RAM should suffice. Space? Surely, just as much as you would allow.

• Token: c36446cbf2904c8f1c64465d0372a6480350aead

I want to install the pagoda server management software, and then build a single page HTML website as my personal home page. It should be good to use cloudflare to accelerate, and it will not occupy server resources

@Edding said:
    Running a Smokeping instance to Monitor Server and Network Uptime/Quality and a Cloud for Private use.
    If Possible some more Space like +40GB for the Cloud usage

f93ac5e576c6718a1f0739f8460bd1c273902313

Deployed, send me a PM for the disk upgrade.

@bark said:
    Token: ccee9ef2008685ed8ef3f111cd37a438d0a1153d

Free online spring & summer classic auto shows (a new approach because of COVID19).
    Relaxing themes, yet detail based and totally non-profit. Free open areas for the most part, but interactive with simple online signups.

Includes owner-unique video links and personalized vector & static based graphics for the enthusiast.

Essentially for N Europe, so you know it will be good, (and extremely addictive).

RAM should suffice. Space? Surely, just as much as you would allow.

We had only one slot available.

Thanked by 1Edding
  • @Neoon said:

Many thanks anyway. If something comes up, please add us to your consideration cards.

Also, thanks for providing the free slices for this little community.

After people realize how they have been manipulated and taken by billionaires, 'free' is going to have a completely different meaning.

i.e. People doing things for others without database trader influence, and zero profit motive. You know, like how it was when we were trading beer making recipes over CompuServe's Adaptive Router system in 1985.

@bark said:

@Neoon said:

Many thanks anyway. If something comes up, please add us to your consideration cards.

Also, thanks for providing the free slices for this little community.

After people realize how they have been manipulated and taken by billionaires, 'free' is going to have a completely different meaning.

i.e. People doing things for others without database trader influence, and zero profit motive. You know, like how it was when we were trading beer making recipes over CompuServe's Adaptive Router system in 1985.

Sadly, I won't notify anyone or push the thread when we got a bit of stock.
    If you check daily should be good enough, LET needs a few weeks to figure we have a bit of stock.

If somewhat bigger restock happens, I will push the Thread.

Romania went offline again just a few minutes ago, likely some kind of hardware issue, ticket pending.

News about Romania.
    The cause of these outages where errors reported by the ilo, regarding the system fan.
    The Technicians checked the server and did a reset on the ilo, however I still expect to get the fan replaced by tomorrow.
    Which may result in a short downtime, to exclude any further fan related issues.

Eygelshoven had two independent outages today.
    Dropped BGP sessions (network outage), for about 3 hours, from 0:20 until about 3:00 CET,
    Power Failure with loss of 2 different feeds, from 15:44 until 16:00 CET.

Booth of these issues are still investigated by the data center, to prevent these issues from happening again.
    All VM's on the host have been automatically booted up after the power has been restored.

Maintenance announcement from VMHaus.

On the night of the 16th to the 17th of March, starting from 22:00 UTC on Tuesday, there will be a 8 hour window for migrating vps services to another data center, the total downtime will likely not exceed 2 hours.
    For this period, the NanoKVM.net website will be not available.

Thanked by 2Ganonk benj0x

Due to the maintenance yesterday, the NanoKVM Panel was offline as expected, however the scripts which are responsible to sync the haproxy data between the panel and the nodes did not worked as expected.

Which caused an outage on the HAProxy services on the nodes: FM, DE and NO.
    RO and NL where not affected, the bug has been fixed, to prevent this from happening again.

Thanked by 2benj0x Ganonk
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited March 2021

@Neoon said:
    Due to the maintenance yesterday, the NanoKVM Panel was offline as expected, however the scripts which are responsible to sync the haproxy data between the panel and the nodes did not worked as expected.

RO and NL where not affected, the bug has been fixed, to prevent this from happening again.

Any storage in NO space left?

Thanked by 1Ganonk

@add_iT said:

@Neoon said:

Any storage in NO space left?

NO has always storage left, however since this is a single disk machine, backup cases only.

Thanked by 1tux

HAProxy crashed on RO, no idea yet what caused it, its back online.

Ongoing outage in RO, no access to control panel, waiting for support reply.

edited April 2021

Short update on DE:

• kernel panic at 03:43 CET
    • Suspension by Hetzner at 14:10 CET due to portscanning, the VM doing these portscanns has been terminated

The node is back online again, we are seeing still some issues with IPv6 we are working on that right now.

edit: IPv6 is back

Thanked by 3brueggus MGarbis Ganonk
  • 8aa66173968f023b55512c814f1a51e7f408a8d1

I would like to use this as an uptime monitor for my other servers.

• 893dbe60d2b310a489836a141ae151cd87d8098d

Spinning up some Docker containers for development (Jenkins/Gitea)

@Dwayne said:
    8aa66173968f023b55512c814f1a51e7f408a8d1

I would like to use this as an uptime monitor for my other servers.

The restock does happen automatically however currently RO is pending renewal, which means until its renewed we won't put any new VM's on this node.

My fault I missed to set the stock to 0.
    Try again later when the Node got renewed.

• Hi, I have no intention of applying for this service, but this is an amazing thing you're doing for the community. Just wanted to pop in and give some love and appreciation.

Thanked by 3yoursunny brueggus tux
    edited April 2021

@ivysaur said:
    Hi, I have no intention of applying for this service, but this is an amazing thing you're doing for the community. Just wanted to pop in and give some love and appreciation.

Thanks but the project would not be possible without our sponsors.

Thanked by 1ivysaur
    edited April 2021

We are aware of an ongoing outage in RO, no info yet.

edit: Looks like the machine lost power.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

token: be89cd6bbad0e06e574244d5d4b408cdb15df380
    Reasons:
    1. Learn how to use a NAT VPS
    2. Create a monitor for my other vps's uptime

@skorupion said:
    token: be89cd6bbad0e06e574244d5d4b408cdb15df380
    Reasons:
    1. Learn how to use a NAT VPS
    2. Create a monitor for my other vps's uptime

Deployed.

• @jmgcaguicla said:

+debugging a pesky Docker Swarm VXLAN issue

22b7d41b9f525fc5e5e730e8626df45f8fe4d6a4

• nyamenknyamenk Member
    edited May 2021

Token: e51d0f0e2f8049338b1e8417ad2e8cb1a8a195a6

Usage:
    Will install Wordpress, Laravel, Yii and learn lamp dan lemp for next project

@jmgcaguicla said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

+debugging a pesky Docker Swarm VXLAN issue

22b7d41b9f525fc5e5e730e8626df45f8fe4d6a4

Deployed

@nyamenk said:
    Token: e51d0f0e2f8049338b1e8417ad2e8cb1a8a195a6

Usage:

Nuremberg had only one VM available and that is already gone.
    Pick a different Location.

• nyamenknyamenk Member

Token: dcf74eac4f09fa56d33ef8360b2553383c25879c

Usage:

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Thank you @Neoon for the service provided:

Token: c600bb21cc0622ef79723cd3bff8b8ac725e3769

Reason: A monitoring hub + simple web hosting for few domains + NAT vps study, Thank you!