Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why my aws-ec2 ubuntu gameserver not show other computer? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

why my aws-ec2 ubuntu gameserver not show other computer?

Comments

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:
    another user please stop comment! your very kind and enough advice! i will move other
    flat fee vps.

That is a very wise move. Now enjoy your game server without worries.

but still have problem. because i don`t what to do (if ddos attack my server when buy ovh gameserver) and just send mail surpport team and maybe waste my server-fee/day

Maybe you don't get it. People try to advise you to not use AWS when it comes to game server. This is because game servers are known to be a magnet for DDoS attacks, and if you get DDoS attacks on your AWS server, you will pay all that bandwidth.

With other big providers such as OVH or Hetzner, you do not pay for incoming DDoS attacks, so they will try to mitigate your attack without charging you.

TL;DR example: In Counter Strike you headshot a coded player 3 times in a row. That player will get back on you by releasing an internet flood on your AWS server to make you pay thousands of money for those 3 consecutive headshots. Because you loose so much money, you will do yourself a headshot in real life. You don't want that, so run away from Amazon now, to protect your head and body from bullets.

• Fastmako said: Maybe you don't get it. People try to advise you to not use AWS when it comes to game server. This is because game servers are known to be a magnet for DDoS attacks, and if you get DDoS attacks on your AWS server, you will pay all that bandwidth.

With other big providers such as OVH or Hetzner, you do not pay for incoming DDoS attacks, so they will try to mitigate your attack without charging you.

Simple translation in Korean

AWS를 사용하면서 DDoS 공격을 받으면 DDoS 공격으로 소모된 트래픽 요금을 부담해야 하지만, OVH나 Hetzner 같은 업체를 사용하면 그들은 DDoS 공격을 대신 방어해주고, 그 트래픽에 대해서 요금을 청구하지는 않을겁니다.

• uni14uni14 Member
    edited March 2019

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:
    another user please stop comment! your very kind and enough advice! i will move other
    flat fee vps.

but still have problem. because i don`t what to do (if ddos attack my server when buy ovh gameserver) and just send mail surpport team and maybe waste my server-fee/day

Maybe you don't get it. People try to advise you to not use AWS when it comes to game server. This is because game servers are known to be a magnet for DDoS attacks, and if you get DDoS attacks on your AWS server, you will pay all that bandwidth.

TL;DR example: In Counter Strike you headshot a coded player 3 times in a row. That player will get back on you by releasing an internet flood on your AWS server to make you pay thousands of money for those 3 consecutive headshots. Because you loose so much money, you will do yourself a headshot in real life. You don't want that, so run away from Amazon now, to protect your head and body from bullets.

yes already my question focus on using ovh gameserver.

i want talk this part
    "With other big providers such as OVH or Hetzner, you do not pay for incoming DDoS attacks, so they will try to mitigate your attack without charging you."

so,

my still have problem = they when don`t enough mitigation, and my server pacific

english littie..sorry..:)

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:
    flat fee vps.

i want talk this part
    "With other big providers such as OVH or Hetzner, you do not pay for incoming DDoS attacks, so they will try to mitigate your attack without charging you."

so,

my still have problem = they when don`t enough mitigation, and my server pacific

If I understand you correctly, you are saying 'what if they arn't able to mitigate the attack properly, and your server get's attacked, what can I do?', am I correct? In this case, AFAIK OVH allows custom rules for DDoS mitigations (any OVH resellers, please confirm this). And if it doesn't work out, your out of luck I guess...

제가 재대로 이해한게 맞다면, '만약 걔네가 디도스 공격을 제대로 방어하지 못해서 공격을 당한다면 어떻게 해야 하나요?' 라고 하시는건가요? 만약 그렇다면 제가 기억하기로는 OVH는 디도스 방어용 커스텀 룰을 지정할 수 있습니다 (OVH 리셀러 분들 확인 부탁드립니다). 그리고 만약 그걸로 해결되지 않는다면, 더 이상 방법이 없을 것 같네요...

Thanked by 2FAT32 Amitz
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Great, @sanvit joined the translation party :D

• OVH game servers have unlimited DDoS protection. This means the only traffic that makes it to your server is good traffic.

Find a VPS that is hosted on an OVH GAME server and you don't need to worry about DDoS.

• uni14uni14 Member

@sanvit said:

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:
    flat fee vps.

i want talk this part

so,

If I understand you correctly, you are saying 'what if they arn't able to mitigate the attack properly, and your server get's attacked, what can I do?', am I correct? In this case, AFAIK OVH allows custom rules for DDoS mitigations (any OVH resellers, please confirm this). And if it doesn't work out, your out of luck I guess...

제가 재대로 이해한게 맞다면, '만약 걔네가 디도스 공격을 제대로 방어하지 못해서 공격을 당한다면 어떻게 해야 하나요?' 로고 하시는건가요? 만약 그렇다면 제가 기억하기로는 OVH는 디도스 방어용 커스텀 룰을 지정할 수 있습니다 (OVH 리셀러 분들 확인 부탁드립니다). 그리고 만약 그걸로 해결되지 않는다면, 더 이상 방법이 없을 것 같네요...

wow excellent translation. good information but ddos ip or udp port are very various/ and not all put to /ddos mitigations custom rule. so a conclusion is only one /choice that /bank on ovh automatically ddos system /and pray to /don`t happen slow and disconnect in my server

• uni14uni14 Member

@dahartigan said:
    OVH game servers have unlimited DDoS protection. This means the only traffic that makes it to your server is good traffic.

Find a VPS that is hosted on an OVH GAME server and you don't need to worry about DDoS.

can you lead my opinion at below? your advice is don`t worry about that in ovh gameserver?

• @uni14 said:

@dahartigan said:
    OVH game servers have unlimited DDoS protection. This means the only traffic that makes it to your server is good traffic.

can you lead my opinion at below? your advice is don`t worry about that in ovh gameserver?

Yes, in OVH gameserver all DDoS is gone. No limit so even big attack no problem.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

uni14 said: your advice is don`t worry about that in ovh gameserver?

Yes. You do not have to worry about DDoS/possible additional costs when using OVH Gameserver.

예. OVH Gameserver를 사용할 때 DDoS / 추가 비용 발생에 대해 걱정할 필요가 없습니다.
    (from Google Translate. Don't blame if it delivered glibberish.)

• @uni14 said:

@sanvit said:

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:
    flat fee vps.

i want talk this part

so,

제가 재대로 이해한게 맞다면, '만약 걔네가 디도스 공격을 제대로 방어하지 못해서 공격을 당한다면 어떻게 해야 하나요?' 로고 하시는건가요? 만약 그렇다면 제가 기억하기로는 OVH는 디도스 방어용 커스텀 룰을 지정할 수 있습니다 (OVH 리셀러 분들 확인 부탁드립니다). 그리고 만약 그걸로 해결되지 않는다면, 더 이상 방법이 없을 것 같네요...

wow excellent translation. good information but ddos ip or udp port are very various/ and not all put to /ddos mitigations custom rule. so a conclusion is only one /choice that /bank on ovh automatically ddos system /and pray to /don`t happen slow and disconnect in my server

OVH should be able to mitigate most of the attacks, and OVH resellers here should be able to help you mitigate attacks. You should be better off buying from a reputable OVH reseller here rather than renting a dedi directly from OVH (both support wise and price wise).

OVH는 왠만한 디도스 공격은 다 막아 줄 수 있을거고, 여기에 있는 OVH 리셀러들도 디도스 방어하는데 도움을 줄 수 있을겁니다. 그리고 여기에서 잘 알려진 OVH 리셀러들을 이용하는게 OVH에서 직접 서버를 임대하는거보다 나을겁니다 (고객지원과 가격 모두요).

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2019

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    I have a feeling someone is going to get hacked! You should really think twice about running a game server until at least get upto par on what the hell is going on.

The dude has already been hacked in the head. It's too late for him.

Not one of us told him to go ahead with this idea in his first thread. He went for it regardless. I am positive that what we tell him has no effect whatsoever. He will continue to run it until it bites him in the nuts.

Thanked by 2Fastmako imok
  • AmitzAmitz Member

I believe in a sincere language barrier in this very case.
    But I could be wrong - I am wrong most of the time.

edited March 2019

Well, language barrier doesn't decrease one's IQ. Even if he commands poor English, he had to have seen "NO", "NAY", "DON'T". "NEIN", "THE END IS NIGH" and stuff.

"The end is nigh" is a universal language. Even cats & dogs understand it.

Thanked by 2imok Janevski
  • @Amitz said:
    I believe in a sincere language barrier in this very case.
    But I could be wrong - I am wrong most of the time.

Well, he did asked the same question in a korean forum, and all the answer he got was

"OVH sucks ping-wise, and dunno about AWS but you can be billed A LOT"

Thanked by 1Amitz
    edited March 2019

Ah, good ol' selective memory or he didn't bother to read to the end and blissfully omitted after 'but".

Though who in the sane state of mind would recommend AWS in the first place? I may be a troll but I don't give out harmful advice. This could ruin his young adulthood for all we know.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @deank said:
    Ah, good ol' selective memory or he didn't bother to read to the end and blissfully omitted after 'but".

Though who in the sane state of mind would recommend AWS in the first place? I may be a troll but I don't give out harmful advice. This could ruin his young adulthood for all we know.

Nobody recommended AWS. He asked which one is better between the two.

@sanvit said:
    Nobody recommended AWS. He asked which one is better between the two.

Oh, shit.

This is getting worse then. I am sure nobody recommended him AWS. And he still went for it? If so, he may really be hacked in the head.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

OP did mentioned AWS shield, which does clain they don't charge extra for bandwidh (unless you use the $3000 shield advanced plan). Have anyone used this before?

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

Why @sanvit translated to Korean?

• @Fastmako said:

The OP is Korean, and seems to have problems communicating in English. Or maybe it's just me. Or maybe the end is nigh. Not sure... :(

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

Please kindly allow me to ease the situation here a bit by providing a horrible song straight from the 80ies:

This relaxation feature has been brought to you by @Amitz, DJ, MC & Brain surgery hobbyist. No need to thank me. I know how glad you are, because I can feel it in my heart.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uni14uni14 Member

deank said: Ah, good ol' selective memory or he didn't bother to read to the end and blissfully omitted after 'but".

@sanvit said:

@Fastmako said:

The OP is Korean, and seems to have problems communicating in English. Or maybe it's just me. Or maybe the end is nigh. Not sure... :(

really thank you and now i will choice ovh or ovh-reseller.

ovh good point=more high computer grade and exist asia server(ping 190. canada ping is 250.)

ovh reseller good point=exist cheap server and more better service.(but what service? Q&A?)

• uni14uni14 Member

@Amitz said:
    Please kindly allow me to ease the situation here a bit by providing a horrible song straight from the 80ies:

This relaxation feature has been brought to you by @Amitz, DJ, MC & Brain surgery hobbyist. No need to thank me. I know how glad you are, because I can feel it in my heart.

my opinion direct changed when look 1, 2, 3, 4 reply.
    now my opinion run away aws to ovh. please stop talking about aws..i`m shy..

• @uni14 said:

deank said: Ah, good ol' selective memory or he didn't bother to read to the end and blissfully omitted after 'but".

@sanvit said:

@Fastmako said:

ovh good point=more high computer grade and exist asia server(ping 190. canada ping is 250.)

ovh reseller good point=exist cheap server and more better service.(but what service? Q&A?)

You will most likely recieve a faster and friendlier support

• AmitzAmitz Member

uni14 said: i`m shy..

Meow.

Shy yet took the boldest action of using aws.

I fear what he would do if he was brave.

• AmitzAmitz Member

deank said: I fear what he would do if he was brave.

• @uni14 said:

@sanvit said:

@Fastmako said:

What you are looking for is a vps hosted on a ovh game server. There are providers here in LET that offer this.

I really wish I could tell you which ones..