Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why my aws-ec2 ubuntu gameserver not show other computer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

why my aws-ec2 ubuntu gameserver not show other computer?

uni14uni14 Member
edited March 2019 in Help

i`m check network rule both aws-ec2 and linux firewall

but other computer looklike offline to my gameserver

(GTA:Sanandreas multiplayer)

and people say "aws ec2 is cloud server. maybe very expensive." and that`s real?

crazy over? (ovh $80 is not compare?)

im using 1 year service very scare because dont know how much fee

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

watch bandwidth pricing..

• ehabehab Member

u crazy man. stop aws game. change to hetzner or ovh.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2019

Everyone told him not to in his other thread. He went for it anyway.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2019

Youre lunatic for using AWS to run a gameserver without a specific contract. If you get DDoS attacks, they will bill you thousands for incoming traffic.

Its meant for corporates running app services, not individuals running gameservers.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2019

Please, please, please, OP. Power down that AWS server and get one from OVH instead. You might otherwise loose money in a proportion that you cannot even imagine. Seriously. No kidding this time.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Amazon has powers to make your life miserable once you owe them thousands.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

If you want to learn why people told you not to use AWS the hard way, sure. Go on. Just please don't open up another thread titled "Why my AWS bill 2000USD? What I do now?" next month.

Edit : Wait, are you Korean? NVM found you in another korean forum

• @uni14 SHUT THE REACTOR DOWN, THE END IS NIGH, YOU'LL GET DDOSED AND AMAZON WILL CHARGE YOU A LOT OF MONEY, MELTDOWN PMS IS IMMINENT.

They will come and take away your kitty too. And they will shave your kitty and put it in a forced labor camp. But it doesn't stop here, no! They will make you eat sausages and watch that kitty work. And you will even have to be happy and thankful about it.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • RazzaRazza Member

Hmm, first time I've seen someone that thinks Amazon ec2 is the place to host a game server,ec2 is normally use by business for app server etc.

If you don't want to pay for a whole dedi just get game server hosting or just get a vps, it's going to end in tears if you get a large BW bill if it's ddosed.

• bapbap Member

do you have unlimited money for game? awesome! :smile:

• XNQXNQ Member

Uh, try and disable lanmode in the config and it should properly announce it.

• uni14uni14 Member

@MikeA said:
    watch bandwidth pricing..

ok. i will move other dedicated server.

• uni14uni14 Member

@ehab said:
    u crazy man. stop aws game. change to hetzner or ovh.

ok thank you

• uni14uni14 Member

deank said: Everyone told him not to in his other thread. He went for it anyway.

no!! i dont knew true knowledge and i knew dont pay about ddos fee.
    i will move ovh

• uni14uni14 Member

@Amitz said:

Please, please, please, OP. Power down that AWS server and get one from OVH instead. You might otherwise loose money in a proportion that you cannot even imagine. Seriously. No kidding this time.

thank you captain exactly i will do that

• uni14uni14 Member

@Janevski said:
    @uni14 SHUT THE REACTOR DOWN, THE END IS NIGH, YOU'LL GET DDOSED AND AMAZON WILL CHARGE YOU A LOT OF MONEY, MELTDOWN PMS IS IMMINENT.

They will come and take away your kitty too. And they will shave your kitty and put it in a forced labor camp. But it doesn't stop here, no! They will make you eat sausages and watch that kitty work. And you will even have to be happy and thankful about it.

imagination suffered..

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I have a feeling someone is going to get hacked! You should really think twice about running a game server until at least get upto par on what the hell is going on.

• uni14uni14 Member

@Razza said:
    Hmm, first time I've seen someone that thinks Amazon ec2 is the place to host a game server,ec2 is normally use by business for app server etc.

If you don't want to pay for a whole dedi just get game server hosting or just get a vps, it's going to end in tears if you get a large BW bill if it's ddosed.

thank you for your advice

• @uni14 said:

@Janevski said:
    @uni14 SHUT THE REACTOR DOWN, THE END IS NIGH, YOU'LL GET DDOSED AND AMAZON WILL CHARGE YOU A LOT OF MONEY, MELTDOWN PMS IS IMMINENT.

imagination suffered..

What's your IP?

• uni14uni14 Member

@XNQ said:
    Uh, try and disable lanmode in the config and it should properly announce it.

wow you samp user? you experience ovh?

• uni14uni14 Member

@Janevski said:

@uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

imagination suffered..

What's your IP?

why??

• @uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

@uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

imagination suffered..

What's your IP?

why??

You start to get it, don't you?

• uni14uni14 Member

@Janevski said:

@uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

@uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

imagination suffered..

What's your IP?

why??

oh you support me?
    my aws ip 13.125.236.205 and gameport 7777

• @uni14 What i am trying to say is that AWS and the rest similar clouds, charge by used resources.
    When you host a game server, you are going to use a lot of server and network resources, because games are demanding and more likely because of being DDoSed. Sooner or later, some kid is going to get pissed off.
    Then the cloud provider is going to charge you so much, you'll be forced to sell them your kidneys in order to pay the bill.

Run away as fast as possible from AWS and use a flat rate dedicated server provider.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • uni14uni14 Member

@Janevski said:
    @uni14 What i am trying to say is that AWS and the rest similar clouds, charge by used resources.
    When you host a game server, you are going to use a lot of server and network resources, because games are demanding and more likely because of being DDoSed. Sooner or later, some kid is going to get pissed off.
    Then the cloud provider is going to charge you so much, you'll be forced to sell them your kidneys in order to pay the bill.

Run away as fast as possible from AWS and use a flat rate dedicated server provider.

ok man

• uni14uni14 Member

another user please stop comment! your very kind and enough advice! i will move other
    flat fee vps.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

@uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

@uni14 said:

@Janevski said:

imagination suffered..

What's your IP?

why??

oh you support me?
    my aws ip 123.123.123.123 and gameport 7777

What is your root password?

Thanked by 1eol
  • you are on the way to destruction!

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

@uni14 said:
    another user please stop comment! your very kind and enough advice! i will move other
    flat fee vps.

That is a very wise move. Now enjoy your game server without worries.

• uni14uni14 Member
    edited March 2019

@Fastmako said:

@uni14 said:
    flat fee vps.

That is a very wise move. Now enjoy your game server without worries.

but still have problem. because i don`t what to do (if ddos attack my server when buy ovh gameserver) and just send mail surpport team and maybe waste my server-fee/day