Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are these free control panels in 2019? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How are these free control panels in 2019?

13»

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@v3ng said:

@refik said:
    I try aapanel, i-mscp, vestacp, cyberpanel, ispconfig, ajenti, froxlor, virtualnim, webmin, ...
    Aapanel is opensource and its not completed.

Vestacp is not good designed, but its best free product.

http://keyhelp.de/de/en

They just released an update with Debian 10 support!

• Hestia -which is a Vesta fork- is miles better than Vesta and more updated
    https://hestiacp.com/

Thanked by 2Falzo Harambe
  • Any one heard about fastpanel?

https://fastpanel.direct/

if yes please share some opinions about it or?...

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

@perryoo11 looks like fastvps customers only.

• @latic said:

I had it working on a non fastvps server.
    It works perfectly. I hope others have tried by any chance.

• charoscharos Member

How come nobody mentioned vpssim?or it's not considered an actual panel?

• @perryoo11 said:

@latic said:

I can confirm this. I tried it on an instance from lunanode. Thank you @perrenate for the July 4 credit!

May I know how you managed to generate and assign a nameserver? Since the kvm only has 1 IP4 right? And registrars require you to have an ns1 and ns2. Fastpanel would only create ns1 for the same domain and the 1 IP4

• No love for aapanel? It's working nicely

• @cybertech said:
    No love for aapanel? It's working nicely

But wasnt a rep for it got banned here? I will take a look at it.

• @timelapse said:

@cybertech said:

yes i think so. was happy with cyberpanel 1.8.1 and now its almost crippled. need wait a few cycles. and aapanel just become quite stable and nice.

but somehow the panel need 2GB ram to install latest mysql/mariadb. otherwise lightweight and their migration app is beta (trying soon)

• @cybertech said:

@timelapse said:

@cybertech said:

yes i think so. was happy with cyberpanel 1.8.1 and now its almost crippled. need wait a few cycles. and aapanel just become quite stable and nice.

but somehow the panel need 2GB ram to install latest mysql/mariadb. otherwise lightweight and their migration app is beta (trying soon)

Fastpanel only needs 1 gb RAM but the interface was sluggish, even the scrollbar for the menu. But it's really simple. You must try it and maybe you can help me out with setting up a nameserver hehe.

I even though I could install it on a NAT vps with 256-512 mb RAM but support said 1 gb haha. But I think it supports NAT.

• @timelapse said:

@cybertech said:

@timelapse said:

@cybertech said:

Fastpanel only needs 1 gb RAM but the interface was sluggish, even the scrollbar for the menu. But it's really simple. You must try it and maybe you can help me out with setting up a nameserver hehe.

I even though I could install it on a NAT vps with 256-512 mb RAM but support said 1 gb haha. But I think it supports NAT.

centos please haha. just basic user here and need things working outta box.

• Yes it installs on centos and you just wget a line of code. Check their wiki. If you're basic maybe Im a basic basic user. Hahaha

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2019

@timelapse said:
    Yes it installs on centos and you just wget a line of code. Check their wiki. If you're basic maybe Im a basic basic user. Hahaha

Oh sorry didn't know. Briefly went to their website and it said "Debian thx"

Great, gonna try maybe next week.

Do u know what http server supported?

• @cybertech said:

@timelapse said:
    Yes it installs on centos and you just wget a line of code. Check their wiki. If you're basic maybe Im a basic basic user. Hahaha

Oh sorry didn't know. Briefly went to their website and it said "Debian thx"

Great, gonna try maybe next week.

Do u know what http server supported?

I think it installs both apache and nginx. It has a conf for both but it says it should be edited on the panel and not via ssh.

When adding a domain, you can choose either apache or nginx I think. I was stuck at binding dns or IP and adding my nameserver.

You have to install applications like bind and spamassassin manually. It uses 2 gb space and I havent added any domain yet. Just took it for quick test to look.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @timelapse said:

@perryoo11 said:

@latic said:

I can confirm this. I tried it on an instance from lunanode. Thank you @perrenate for the July 4 credit!

May I know how you managed to generate and assign a nameserver? Since the kvm only has 1 IP4 right? And registrars require you to have an ns1 and ns2. Fastpanel would only create ns1 for the same domain and the 1 IP4

Just point ns1 and ns2 to same ip. If you want to cheat.

• @perryoo11 said:

@timelapse said:

@perryoo11 said:

@latic said:

Yes I know I can do that with registrar

But I cant seem to be able to generate an ns2 for same domain and IP within Fastpanel.

I will try to restore the snapshot from Lunanode and try again maybe later.

• @timelapse said:

@perryoo11 said:

@timelapse said:

@perryoo11 said:

@latic said:

Yes I know I can do that with registrar

But I cant seem to be able to generate an ns2 for same domain and IP within Fastpanel.

I will try to restore the snapshot from Lunanode and try again maybe later.

i don't use the name server from fastpanel.
    i use a .ga domain + cloudflare.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

I'm fooling with hestiacp right now. Results so far:

• Tried installation script on 512MB NanoKVM running Debian 10 aka Buster. Install script complained that only 8 and 9 were supported. Since it's the same download for both versions I modified the script to remove this check. Installer then installed nginx and some other stuff, but then crashed due to some problem. Figuring it might be a debian version incompatibility I haven't yet investigated further.

• Next tried on a 384MB OpenVZ (Virmach BF special) running Debian 9. Install seemed to complete ok, but then leftover "ssl-params" process (part of dovecot setup) kept running using 50% cpu (I think that is the throttle on these cheap virmach plans). I killed it off after several cpu minutes were used, then rebooted and there it was, running again. I uninstalled dovecot and that seemed to get rid of it, but now I'm reinstalling the OS just to be sure it's really gone. I know Virmach gets upset about anyone hogging cpu for more than a few minutes so have to be careful with this.

• I might try again on the openvz or might try on a Vultr or DO hourly instance. I wonder what is going on with ssl-params. Does anyone know? It is either buggy or doing something stupid. Web search says it is trying to generate Diffie-Hellman crypto parameters. There is an obvious stupid way to do this, that makes the process much slower than necessary, so Dovecot might be doing that. There is also a well-known optimization that makes generation much faster, so if Dovecot is doing it the dumb way, that suggests that its devs don't know what they are doing. Anyway I'm ok with burning cpu on vultr for a few minutes to see if it finishes. But by all appearances, it was looping.

ADDED: Ok, I installed on a Vultr 1GB high frequency instance. Installation completed after a couple of minutes, but ssl-params kept running at 100% cpu for several minutes after that. I didn't watch it closely but it used somewhere between 3 and 5 minutes, which is ridiculous. But it did eventually stop. Openssl speed rsa2048 does 1866 sigs/sec on the Vultr instance vs 377.5 on the Virmach OpenVZ, so the Vultr is about 5x faster.

I will open a thread on the hestiacp forum about this if I can figure out how to do that. Meanwhile, I have some stuff to do now but will test the panel a little more later.

• williewillie Member

Here are some HestiaCP tutorial links that I found on the Hestia user forum:

https://forum.hestiacp.com/t/custom-fresh-installation-on-debian-9-server-and-touchups-afterward/58

• williewillie Member

I opened a thread on Hestia forum about my experiences and will post further updates over there rather than cluttering this thread more:

https://forum.hestiacp.com/t/new-user-installation-experiences/120

Thanked by 2Falzo ITLabs