Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (CA) + KS-3 (FR) - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (CA) + KS-3 (FR)

Comments

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@angstrom said:

@ninzo59 said:

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello :)

We just launched 2 different flash sale on Kimsufi

KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
    KS-7 (CA Datacenter)

Any guess as to when the next Kimsufi / SYS sale might be ??

Thanks

Tomorrow :)

Is there a launch time today? (We're all waiting in anticipation. :smile: )

Not on KS, it will be on SYS. Higher server / specs than the ones we did on February. Either CA/FR Datacenter but very low stock on CA.

@3PM GMT+1 (Paris timezone)

Thanked by 3angstrom ehab datanoise
  • XeiXei Member

How long until OVH doubles the price after purchasing at the flash price? People and their short term memories.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2019

Xei said: OVH doubles the price

OVH is not known to do that, perhaps you're mistaking them with Online. What OVH does is increasing the price by 1-2 EUR every couple of years. Yeah eventually this will double the price, but not until a while.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, I have machines on Kimsufi since 3-4 Years, it only increased by 1-2EUR in total.
    Even the i5 for 8.99 just increased to 9.99.

• XeiXei Member
    edited March 2019

@rm_ said:

Xei said: OVH doubles the price

OVH is not known to do that, perhaps you're mistaking them with Online. What OVH does is increasing the price by 1-2 EUR every couple of years. Yeah eventually this will double the price, but not until a while.

That's pretty shady anyways. My server ended up doubling due to the constant increases while they'd still sucker in people with cheap flash prices in the meanwhile (big FU to existing/long term customers). I didn't know at the time they increased yearly. If I hadn't cancelled it, probably would have kept creeping up...

edited March 2019

We increased by 1€ on KS + 2€ on SYS on november 2017, due to anti-ddos improvement. No any increase since, and none is planned.

And we decreased the price on all SYS/KS servers last year (not on existing service, just for new orders)

• ninzo59 said: Yet I promised I will look for an i5 next time.

ninzo59 said: Not on KS, it will be on SYS. Higher server / specs than the ones we did on February.

Any idea when you'll have an i5? (the ability to get one with an SSD, eventually with an extra setup fee first month payment would be nice)

Xei said: I didn't know at the time they increased yearly. If I hadn't cancelled it, probably would have kept creeping up...

They don't increase yearly, they increased their prices from time to time in the past. It's not something they do every year.

@datanoise said:

ninzo59 said: Yet I promised I will look for an i5 next time.

ninzo59 said: Not on KS, it will be on SYS. Higher server / specs than the ones we did on February.

Any idea when you'll have an i5? (the ability to get one with an SSD, eventually with an extra setup fee first month payment would be nice)

i5 on KS are only with HDDs. I don't know the date for it yet.

• XeiXei Member

@datanoise said:
    They don't increase yearly, they increased their prices from time to time in the past. It's not something they do every year.

Mine went from 2.99 to 5.99 after steady increases. It was nice when I first got it but wasn't worth the continual price increases for the performance. People who aren't aware should likely keep this in mind. There is perhaps a reason their sales last longer and come more often these days.

@Xei said:

@datanoise said:

Mine went from 2.99 to 5.99 after steady increases. It was nice when I first got it but wasn't worth the continual price increases for the performance. People who aren't aware should likely keep this in mind. There is perhaps a reason their sales last longer and come more often these days.

We aren't doing more "sales" to increase prices right after.

• Any OVH deals on the horizon?

• @ninzo59 said:

@angstrom said:

@ninzo59 said:

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello :)

We just launched 2 different flash sale on Kimsufi

KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
    KS-7 (CA Datacenter)

Any guess as to when the next Kimsufi / SYS sale might be ??

Thanks

Tomorrow :)

Is there a launch time today? (We're all waiting in anticipation. :smile: )

Not on KS, it will be on SYS. Higher server / specs than the ones we did on February. Either CA/FR Datacenter but very low stock on CA.

Looking forward to...

• @ninzo59 said:

Can't wait to find out which one it will be...

• Is this the upcomming special? E5-SSD-1-64 for 44,99 EUR/month instead of 59,99 EUR/month (Setup is 50 EUR in general)?

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1630v3 (4c/8th)
    RAM: 64GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
    Storage: SoftRAID 2 x 480GB SSD
    Network: 250Mbit/s

Special FR (44,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1901sys54
    FR (59,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801sys54

Special CA (44,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1904sys54
    CA (59,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1804sys54

Thanked by 1Falzo
    edited March 2019

@twiigl said:
    Is this the upcomming special? E5-SSD-1-64 for 44,99 EUR/month instead of 59,99 EUR/month (Setup is 50 EUR in general)?

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1630v3 (4c/8th)
    RAM: 64GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz
    Storage: SoftRAID 2 x 480GB SSD
    Network: 250Mbit/s

Special FR (44,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1901sys54
    FR (59,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1801sys54

Special CA (44,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1904sys54
    CA (59,99): https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1804sys54

... ;)

It is.

Please make another thread instead of publishing here, that's not the right place :)

For US folks, you should consider waiting 1h, because the USD price is wrong.

• ardaarda Member

If I recall correctly, the reason of Kimsufi prices increasing €1-2/mo was their DDOS migration, right?

@arda said:
    If I recall correctly, the reason of Kimsufi prices increasing €1-2/mo was their DDOS migration, right?

Yes

Thanked by 1arda
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

arda said: If I recall correctly, the reason of Kimsufi prices increasing €1-2/mo was their DDOS migration, right?

Except that's not the reason, it is an excuse.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • rm_ said: Except that's not the reason, it is an excuse.

Well, first Oles made the mistake to launch servers too cheap (the 2.99 ones). People didn't want to renew their now too expensive servers and ordered those. Which strangely wasn't in the initial plan. It was a great way to attract online's customers but it also did attract ovh customers on more expensive plans.

That's when they decided to review their pricing model (and strategy). But afaik the happy few with those cheap servers had no increase, the increase came later when they added the new DDOS mitigation system AND after they decided to follow another economical strategy, more groth/profit oriented, leaded by Laurent Allard...

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • hkmixhkmix Member

Is the offer expired ?

It showing $17.99 /month per server now

http://dedpic.com/images/2019/03/14/1bb11d60f0d093d4f4c69bc21b2940aa.png

• @hkmix said:
    Is the offer expired ?

It showing $17.99 /month per server now

http://dedpic.com/images/2019/03/14/1bb11d60f0d093d4f4c69bc21b2940aa.png

yep.

• @ninzo59 said:

Hi ninzo59. Thanks again for keeping us updated with Kimsufi/SYS/OVH offers. Have managed to get some good deals lately. Do you know if there are any Kimsufi deals due out any time soon (in the next couple of days) ?

Thanks in advance

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:

Hi ninzo59. Thanks again for keeping us updated with Kimsufi/SYS/OVH offers. Have managed to get some good deals lately. Do you know if there are any Kimsufi deals due out any time soon (in the next couple of days) ?

Thanks in advance

Not planned yet.

• @ninzo59 said:

Not planned yet.

Thanks. My wallet is safe then (for now).

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:

Not planned yet.

Can be end of the month.

• @ninzo59 said:

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:

Not planned yet.

Can be end of the month.

Interesting - Any clues at all to type of spec? - KS8 or higher with regular HDD(s)?

The clues have already been given in this very thread :)

• @ninzo59 said:

Thanks. Just had a quick look back. Maybe looking at an i5 KS-10 ;)

• @ninzo59 said:

Is possible to dream with some KS-9 someday ? some near future?

• Adam1Adam1 Member

When was KS-2 last in stock? :[