Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (CA) + KS-3 (FR) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (CA) + KS-3 (FR)

Comments

• eoleol Member

@TimboJones said:
    Data in and out of your storage all goes through ram corrupting a lot more data than the last failed compile.

GCC likes to fail.
    Even without memory errors.

• Yeah in theory I verify my backups (checksum the files at the backup location) though I should be better about that. But also, most of the stuff is backed up in multiple places if important. The more voluminous stuff has quite a bit of redundancy in the data itself, so if a file got clobbered I could probably reconstruct it completely or almost completely. The redundancy is structure in the data that normal file compression can't get rid of, but one of my long term projects is to write some special purpose code that crunches it all down and lets me restore any snapshot from a distilled repository. That would free up a TB or two of storage, maybe enough to get rid of a server or two. It would then take a lot of computation on a dedi to do a recovery though.

• RazzaRazza Member

As much as I prefer having ECC ram, you have to be realistic your not going to or expect to get it for the price they offer them for.

• How would the KS7 compare to the OVH VPS SSD3...
    Can currently get it for 7.50 a month if you pay for the year...

Same RAM / 80GB of SSD... How do you think the processor would compare?

OpenStack KVM
    2 vCore(s)
    From 2 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    80 GB SSDNEW
    Local RAID

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2019

The KS7 will be have much faster (and dedicated) cpu compared to the vps-ssd3, and much more storage, but hdd storage and non-raid. Vps-ssd3 is comparable to Hetzner cx31 which is about the same price monthly, but you don't need a year prepay for the cx31--in fact it's billed hourly. But OVH's network is better at least some of the time. So overall it depends what you are doing. If it were me I'd get the KS7 instantly. And I even forgot that it's in Canada which would clinch it. I somewhat regret not getting one (I have a more expensive i5 there that I don't really need so the downgrade would save some money in exchange for less cpu speed).

Thanked by 1Xei
  • thanks for the response, I appreciate it... I have a KS7 now and I love it... always worried about the old drive in it... and was thinking of another option and thought the VPS would be a good replacement... I run a small torrent tracker on the ks7 with a really small load.

• If you're not using the cpu or the 2tb of storage then maybe you could downgrade to a vps. If it's just a small amount of data it's fairly easy to keep backed up or replicated, and in that case if the drive fails, OVH should be able to replace it. Does the tracker really need 8gb of ram? Maybe you can get a 2gb vps which is around $3.5 a month.

• I think it'll try out the 4GB version... Can't hurt to try... it's using about 2-3GB depending on memory leaks, etc.. ;)

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

I've been waiting for a week to buy 20 servers - Cortex ARMv7 2GB RAM 2TB SATA.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited March 2019

I have Netcup.de RS 2000 G8, dedicated cores. How.is this.one compared with the vps ssd3?

Should I stay for netcup or hunt for a ks7 or even vps ssd3 ?

Thanks

• Keep the G8.

• ChuckChuck Member

KS-3 how do I get the €5,99 / month price?
    it shows €7.99 /month per server.

• Chuck said: KS-3 how do I get the €5,99 / month price?

The sale is long over - you'll have to wait for the next sale.

Thanked by 2Chuck poisson
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Wow!

• @Chuck said:
    KS-3 how do I get the €5,99 / month price?
    it shows €7.99 /month per server.

You are late to the party. Ain't giving mine up, especially when it came with just 1k hdd power on hours.

• @ninzo59 said:
    Hello :)

We just launched 2 different flash sale on Kimsufi

KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
    KS-7 (CA Datacenter)

Any guess as to when the next Kimsufi / SYS sale might be ??

Thanks

• I have ks3c i5 16 GB RAM €9.99, which do nothing but idle for years, i wonder if anyone Will want it if i sell it for $300 🤔 :neutral: :

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @didtav said:
    I have ks3c i5 16 GB RAM €9.99, which do nothing but idle for years, i wonder if anyone Will want it if i sell it for $300

lol no

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

Welcome to the ass up cult, Letzien!

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • @didtav said:
    I have ks3c i5 16 GB RAM €9.99, which do nothing but idle for years, i wonder if anyone Will want it if i sell it for $300 🤔 :neutral: :

FYI, saying you idle it and then ask for $300 just to migrate a 120/yr server, makes you an asshole.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:

KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
    KS-7 (CA Datacenter)

Thanks

Tomorrow :)

• @ninzo59 said:

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:

KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
    KS-7 (CA Datacenter)

Thanks

How many hours from now?

• EHRAEHRA Member

ninzo59 said: Tomorrow

• just got my ks-7 fired up... thanks ninzo59... had a ks-7 ( was paying 15.99usd) with the drive and 50k power on hours.... now 10.99 and a drive with 1000 power on hours..

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ninzo59 said:

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:

KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
    KS-7 (CA Datacenter)

Thanks

@TimboJones said:
    FYI, saying you idle it and then ask for $300 just to migrate a 120/yr server, makes you an asshole.

Supply and Demand, go find me a 9.99€ i5.
    Regular you pay easy 50% more, but still the 300$ is a bit high.

• Neoon said: Supply and Demand, go find me a 9.99€ i5.

Wait a few hours ;-)

• @Neoon said:

@TimboJones said:

Supply and Demand, go find me a 9.99€ i5.
    Regular you pay easy 50% more, but still the 300$ is a bit high.

And 50% more monthly means 4-5 years before this second hand server breaks even. That's extremely shitty math and costs.

9.99€ vs 18.99€ now.

9EUR saved every month.
    It was 8.99 before but got increased recently due to Network/Currency changes.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ninzo59 said:

@happyman said:

@ninzo59 said:

KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
    KS-7 (CA Datacenter)

Thanks

Is there a launch time today? (We're all waiting in anticipation. :smile: )