Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PLENTY OF POWER, SMALL PRICE: THE NEW EX42 AND EX42-NVME - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PLENTY OF POWER, SMALL PRICE: THE NEW EX42 AND EX42-NVME

Comments

• Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL jlay
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@eol said:

The best indentation is 1 space and 1 tab togerther.

Thanked by 2uptime eol
  • I am afraid of tabs though.

Thanked by 2datanoise Janevski
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited February 2019

eol said: I am afraid of tabs though.

Who isn't? (it's easy to pretend you aren't: but who really isn't?)

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Hetzner_OL my ax got a 7700k instead of a 6700k which was listed. Not that I complain, love the box.

• @Hetzner_OL

When will you refresh EX GPU range? Single non-ti 1080 is a disappointment in 2019.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@zkyez said:
    @Hetzner_OL my ax got a 7700k instead of a 6700k which was listed. Not that I complain, love the box.

This may happen depending on whether or not any 7700ks are available at the time. But since we can't provide them for all models we like to surprise you guys with them when we can.

@stefeman said:
    @Hetzner_OL

When will you refresh EX GPU range? Single non-ti 1080 is a disappointment in 2019.

You may know our general rule that we don't announce news like that in advance. We prefer to see the look on your virtual faces when things go live.

--Katie, Marketing

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    You may know our general rule that we don't announce news like that in advance. We prefer to see the look on your virtual faces when things go live.

That's the best method imho.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

--Katie, Marketing

Slap those servers in our virtual faces.

Thanked by 2eol Hetzner_OL
  • @graphic said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

--Katie, Marketing

Slap those servers in our virtual faces.

..make it sting.

• edgeunoedgeuno Member
    edited February 2019

we can help you in South America

Mod edit: no you won’t

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@edgeuno said:
    we can help you in south america

Brother please stop.

Thanked by 2eol corbpie
  • @MikeA said:

@edgeuno said:

Brother please stop.

I think he already accumulated a warning on his alt account @mhmtkcn

Calling both @doghouch and @netomx to show him and his alt the door.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @teamacc said:

@MikeA said:

@edgeuno said:

Brother please stop.

I think he already accumulated a warning on his alt account @mhmtkcn

Calling both @doghouch and @netomx to show him and his alt the door.

Done — thanks!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Nice banning of that multiaccount mf

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Attractive offer but don't know what to do with 64GB of ram, especially non-ECC so it's not so great for stuff like database cache. And the extra ram is quite a lot of the value of the hardware in this system. At the price level I'd rather have more CPU or disk than that much ram. Like 2x6TB and 32gb of ram (or even 16gb) instead of 2x4TB and 64gb of ram. Just in case anyone at Hetzner is listening ;). The AX60 is a nice machine too, but on the expensive side compared with the EX series. I believe the Ryzen CPU supports ECC ram, so the AX60 would be more attractive if it had ECC.

Thanked by 1gtt
  • I wouldn't want a box without ECC either.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited February 2019

@willie said:
    I believe the Ryzen CPU supports ECC ram, so the AX60 would be more attractive if it had ECC.

AX doesn't, from what I recall reading about it.
    Might have changed since.

The best deal on ECC was still those auction boxes with 128GB and 256GB ecc. I recall them dipping as low as 46 and 75 euros respectively. Ridiculous!

@willie @eol @vimalware The question about ECC and AMD Ryzen is one that I do not know by heart, so I'll ask a colleague and get back to you with the answer.
    @willie, thanks for the feedback :smile: I'll pass it on! --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Hetzner_OL I had a server with Hetzner once, and it was terribly slow. I had to cancel it as it continuously lost packages.

Could you provide me a looking glass of the network in Falkenstein and Helsinki? Wondering if the speeds are better now. The fun thing, I live very near Germany and peering should be more ok. My peering to London seems better than peering to Hetzner last time I checked?

I am tempted by the price, though.

• Here are some test files for Hetzner.

• So, would you consider this more as a development provider or a production provider? Currently I'm hosting my servers with an other (more expensive) provider, but they have a great network (around 1Gbps as advertised), a very fast support (response within 15 minutes) and things never are broken. And when they are, they fix it within an hour. Not to mention the free IPMI, that I am happy with ;)

• In my experience Hetzner is as good as it gets.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @DennisdeWit said:
    So, would you consider this more as a development provider or a production provider?

I've traditionally put them in the development/hobby provider category. It's hard to expect them to provide the same level of service and response time as you'd get from a more premium (expensive) company. But as they've improved and introduced more product lines such as Hetzner Cloud, it's getting harder to make this claim. They've done a great job of being a low cost, relatively high quality provider. No matter what you call them, their services do represent an excellent value.

If most of my users were in Western Europe, then I might consider them for production due to their unbeatable pricing. For what I'm paying my US-based provider for one server, I could afford to run two or three extra systems at Hetzner as hot spares!

I do use them for my backup and development infrastructure, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for that.

• @aj_potc Thanks! For the same kind of server we pay around 86 USD now. The thing is, that my monthly price in euro's depends on mr. Trump's mood. That's not really nice, but we are willing to spend the extra dimes for it. The server has never been down within the year we host with the provider of my choice.

However, I will keep an eye on Hetzner. Who knows what the future will bring :D. But since I'm a technician for two big radiostations on the web, it would be nice to recommend them something rock stable, even if it costs more.

@willie @eol @vimalware There are hardboard limitations that prevent us from being able to offer our Ryzen servers with ECC RAM.

@aj_potc Thanks for the great feedback! :)

@DennisdeWit Just out of curiosity, the server that you had with us in the past that you canceled because of packet loss..had our support team not been able to help you with that at all? Should you wish to try us out again and you are unsatisfied with the server's performance, you can cancel your order within the first 14 days. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hetzner_OL said: There are hardboard limitations that prevent us from being able to offer our Ryzen servers with ECC RAM.

The CPU supports ECC but not all motherboards do. Your colleagues might look into this for future deployments. I hope that Ryzen will continue to be a competitive force in the CPU world including in servers, and while hobbyists like me can live without ECC, serious applications really require it.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • https://www.hetzner.com/news/02-19-ex52/

Our newest all-stars - the EX52 Dedicated Root Servers

We're sending two new all-stars onto the field that will wow you with their outstanding performance: our new EX52 and EX52-NVMe Dedicated Root Servers.

Both of these new contenders come equipped with an Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Hexa-Core processor and 64 GB of DDR4 RAM. Plus, you can outfit them to suit your own storage requirements. Choose two 1 TB NVMe SSDs if you want exceptionally high performance speeds for simultaneous multiple I/O operations. Or choose two highly secure and high quality 8 GB Enterprise HDDs if you have larger storage requirements. Either way, we're sure that you'll be a fan!

These servers are a steal, so add them to your team! Both cost just €59 a month with a one-time setup fee of €59.

You can find an overview of both servers' specs here.

All prices are excl. VAT.

Thanked by 1eol
  • lurkem said: 8 GB Enterprise HDDs

Doubt