Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH has very bad anti fraud policy. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH has very bad anti fraud policy.

Comments

• PPD detected.

• eoleol Member

USB detected.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

vCore spike detected.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

Detector detected.

Thanked by 1Janevski

ECC error detected.

• eoleol Member

ECC error detection detected.

• ECC error detection blocker detected

• eoleol Member

ECC error detection blocker blocked.

• ECC error detection blocker loader blocked loading.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@lowendclient said:
    We're now arranging a blacklist of providers who use Maxmind or other fraud-detect, and reject negotiation with Chinese customers. Added OVH, thanks to OP's contribution.

Myself manage or familiar with the owners of dozens Chinese VPS recommend organizations as well. The blacklist will be spread as much as we can, though blogs, forums and chatting groups.

How thankful all those hosts will be that they'll no longer have to deal with all those PayPal disputes.

• eoleol Member

ECC error detection blocker loader blocked loading of ECC error detection blocker loader.

edited January 2019

I seem to recall an incident where someone pressed chargeback after waiting 5 minutes for his vps to be set up.

• @eol said:
    ECC error detection blocker loader blocked loading loading of ECC error detection blocker loader loading loaded.

Thanked by 1eol
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited January 2019

@CConner said:

@lowendclient said:
    We're now arranging a blacklist of providers who use Maxmind or other fraud-detect, and reject negotiation with Chinese customers. Added OVH, thanks to OP's contribution.

Myself manage or familiar with the owners of dozens Chinese VPS recommend organizations as well. The blacklist will be spread as much as we can, though blogs, forums and chatting groups.

How thankful all those hosts will be that they'll no longer have to deal with all those PayPal disputes.

I admit lots of Chinese customers think dispute = ask for refund, I also dislike these noobs and teach them to respect provider at first, for myself even hiformance I didn't dispute after they run. But after all provider ask for personal identity is really a humiliate and disrespect.

However, how does dispute problem related to Maxmind verification and personal identity requires? If you don't want customers who may dispute, you can just block IP from 'high disputing rate countries', those who knows how to use VPN to buy products must know the rules of dispute. Even customers provide you personal identity, does that means they won't dispute?

edited January 2019

Certainly related. If it weren't for the massive amount of disputes, China wouldn't have become classified as "high risk".

Maxmind and the likes do not "hate" China as you are trying to convey. They are reactive service and made the decision to classify China as high risk based on market survey data.

Don't blame the hosts for trying not to lose money. Blame your own people for creating this shit situation.

In other words, you reap what you sow.

Thanked by 2Janevski CConner
  • We're missing something important here. Someone has @Vova1234 dick pics.

• @deank said:
    Certainly related. If it weren't for the massive amount of disputes, China wouldn't have become classified as "high risk".

In other words, you reap what you sow.

It still make no sense to ask for personal identity, why don't these providers write clearly they don't receive clients from Mainland China if they don't want Chinese clients? I believe no one would buy things from a seller who don't welcome them.

And then check and fix bugs frequently, don't offer any available opportunities, or it will be like: https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1003483/e-commerce-app-loses-tens-of-millions-from-coupon-glitches

In other words, Maxmind is easily to be crack if a group want to. The usage of Maxmind can only lead to normal clients' antipathy.

Have you been living under rocks or something?

Asking for ID is the most basic method to filter out trouble makers. This filters out weak scammers. As such, this is the first layer of defense.

You seem to like the idea that hosts "hate" Chinese. For web hosts, all clients represent income. It doesn't matter where they are from.

If Maxmind flags someone, the order must go through a manual approval progress: This is where ID and other docs are requested. They do this so that they can still earn money from "Chinese" while filtering out bad ones.

If docs are unsatisfactory, orders are rejected.

In case you are not aware, it's not just Maxmind. China is classified as "high risk" and that is not exclusive to Maxmind.

• @deank To antifa, everyone is a racist misogynist who needs to be hurt- until proven otherwise.

Meh, it's fine to run "Everyone hates Chinese' campaign. I mean every fool has to believe in something.

But at least bring valid arguments for pitty's sake.

Trust is often compared to fragile mirror/glass. Once it's broken, it's hard to repair. China, India, and other nations have done just that; they broke/cracked the glass.

Thanked by 1Letzien
    edited January 2019

@deank said:
    Have you been living under rocks or something?

Asking for ID is the most basic method to filter out trouble makers. This filters out weak scammers. As such, this is the first layer of defense.

You seem to like the idea that hosts "hate" Chinese. For web hosts, all clients represent income. It doesn't matter where they are from.

If Maxmind flags someone, the order must go through a manual approval progress: This is where ID and other docs are requested. They do this so that they can still earn money from "Chinese" while filtering out bad ones.

If docs are unsatisfactory, orders are rejected.

In case you are not aware, it's not just Maxmind. China is classified as "high risk" and that is not exclusive to Maxmind.

I dislike / wouldn't / never drove this topic into racial / ethnic issues, 'Chinese' just represents a group of people who live in one area. Taiwanese is also a kind of 'Chinese' but they are welcomed by most of the world.

What I mean is most Chinese clients 'hate' to provide personal identities to others, especially to unfamiliar internet providers. And the measure of Maxmind is no use at all, but to filter normal clients (Like who work abroad, write down Nationality as China, will be kick out by Maxmind).

Even we do so, I can be sure 99% identities would be fake, would be those poor guys who leaked their ID on the Internet. (That's why we hate provide identities, once it collected by others it will and must be used by others)

And the providers obviously wouldn't know how to recognise if the ID is the client himself, even us can't recognise, so in China big websites ask for dynamic face recognition, even fingerprint verification.

• The end is nigh.

edited January 2019

@lowendclient said:
    What I mean is most Chinese clients 'hate' to provide personal identities to others, especially to unfamiliar internet providers. And the measure of Maxmind is no use at all, but to filter normal clients (Like who work abroad, write down Nationality as China, will be kick out by Maxmind).

Even we do so, I can be sure 99% identities would be fake, would be those poor guys who leaked their ID on the Internet. (That's why we hate provide identities, once it collected by others it will and must be used by others)

And the providers obviously wouldn't know how to recognise if the ID is the client himself, even us can't recognise, so in China big websites ask for dynamic face recognition, even fingerprint verification.

Again, you reap what you sow. You cannot expect a US company to comply with Chinese culture. It must be the other way around, especially when they are trying to purchase a US service.

Having grown up in Canada, I am used to presenting my IDs. A lot of places ask for it.

Additionally, it is no harm in writing down as the excuse as "China" because that's where it all began.

Don't blame the hosts. Blame the scammers because they ruined it for you.

It's fine that you don't accept my argument. But as long as the core issue with China is not corrected, this will continue to go on.

Thanked by 1eol
    edited January 2019

@deank said:

@lowendclient said:

Again, you reap what you sow. You cannot expect a US company to comply with Chinese culture. It must be the other way around, especially when they are trying to purchase a US service.

Having grown up in Canada, I am used to presenting my IDs. A lot of places ask for it.

Additionally, it is no harm in writing down as the excuse as "China" because that's where it all began.

Don't blame the hosts. Blame the scammers because they ruined it for you.

It's fine that you don't accept my argument. But as long as the core issue with China is not corrected, this will continue to go on.

Supplied and clarify I'm not arguing about an ethnic problem at the beginning of my last topic.

I've been in EU for many years, still think it is an offence to collect my ID on the Internet. It can be copied, not the same with what I show to a shop assistant when buying alcohol, they won't store my ID.

However, no need to force. Inner China providers did the worst on ID collection, I have no reason to blame others. Just purchase providers we agree with.

• deank said: In other words, you reap what you sow.

The reap is grim, the grim in nigh.

• This thread makes no sense. I'm expecting Beck to make a song of it.

• eoleol Member

@TimboJones said:
    This thread makes no sense.

What makes sense then?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@eol said:

@TimboJones said:
    This thread makes no sense.

What makes sense then?

GNU/2 GNU/+ GNU/2 GNU/= GNU/4

Thanked by 3eol uptime Janevski