Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc AU down and out - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc AU down and out

13»

Comments

• @corbpie said:
    Hostdoc handled it poorly and had a chance to prevent this thread, how many times do I have to write it out?

@HostDoc I don't want anything, if you drop a customers server manually, tell them and/or reply to the ticket that comes in minutes later about it.

You posted a deal for the Dallas node, a week later it got torn down and needed to be rebuilt, that's frustrating. Why offer deals on a node that will need maintenance shortly?

I don't have an grudges to hostdoc nor did I bash them, given how it was handled I was in my right to open this thread, read my other responses, I'm not retyping it for those that don't/can't read. I'm just repeating myself at this point.

With less than an hour between killing your instance and this thread opening, superman would have had a hard time preventing this thread.
    We have a very small team and transitioning from killing abusive machines and monitoring to maintaining the nodes, certain things are often overlooked such as informing a client their instance has been killed due to abuse.
    We have addressed that and accepted the flaw in this thread. You do not seem to want to accept 19 minutes is a very short time to allow for something to happen. We are not stuck at the billing screen 24/7 or hear the notifications for new emails instantly, so sometimes, there may be a delay.
    Dallas was a mess but we do not have a crystal ball to see into the future. What we did do was see a future problem and attempt to rectify that before a worse outcome was seen.
    I do not believe you have a grudge either but as others have mentioned, your expectations are a little too demanding. Especially from a low end provider doing their best to provide a stable service.
    If ever you have a problem, feel free to reach out to us, but please give us some time to respond first before posting a thread that could potentially be damaging.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • From what I can see, @HostDoc probably didn't give @corbpie adequate information on the ability to pick up and move on, but @corbpie doesn't seem to understand that everyone is a special snowflake but they still have to wait in line.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Cut the dude off, Doc. He ain't worth it.

• @Letzien said:
    From what I can see, @HostDoc probably didn't give @corbpie adequate information on the ability to pick up and move on, but @corbpie doesn't seem to understand that everyone is a special snowflake but they still have to wait in line.

^ This

I don't know how much HostDoc charge but since we're on LET I'll assume it's <$7.

Opening a thread to bash a budget host because a ticket wasn't answered in 19 minutes makes the OP look like a very special snowflake.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

A finger in the butt could of prevented this thread.

Thanked by 2eol inthecloudblog
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Probegate scandal.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • It's truly pathetic how so many forget this is a motherfucking discussion forum and choose to suck provider dick so much. The OP has had a less than good experience over his last four months and simply asked if this was the experience from others.

On another forum with less cock holsters, people would just reply "nope, have had good service" or "yeah, I've had some problems, too".

You guys shit on him for posting so soon after opening a ticket. It was the smart thing to do. If he knows other posters have had good experience, he can chill a bit on waiting for response. If others have had same experience, he'd know to move services. Knowing what others experience will help him proceed with the ticket. It's like you guys hate being fully informed or some shit.

If you provide good service, a single fucking thread won't kill your business. Stop being little butt hurt bitches.

HostDoc first said he replied in under 10, then 30, but was actually longer. 37 minutes is reasonable, yet he's trying to downplay by minimizing the response time. But by claiming it was less than actual, he's actually trying to discredit the OP. His statement twice incorrect repeated by others. This is Trump tactics. It's not the first similarity, either.

Without notifying the customer before or after. All of my VPS' control panels show my resource usage. Why didn't it show for OP? I know it's been agreed you really fucked up here by not notifying, you don't really see how bad the lack of notification. Especially since you monitored it before and waited for service to be cutoff rather than reach out to customer to address. You're not a very good service provider if you want your customers services to be disrupted when there's easy prevention and mitigation. Let me remind you, you're a service provider with an SLA.

Seriously, take a fucking lesson from how Francisco responds to a customer issue. Night and fucking day difference.

People need to stop shitting on OP'S when their favourite providers name gets mentioned. Feel free to post your good experience, but it doesn't fucking matter how long before or after a ticket is opened to discuss possible issues.

Thanked by 2corbpie uptime
  • eoleol Member

@TimboJones said:
    ...motherfucking...suck...dick...shit...shit...fucking...kill...butt...hurt...bitches...fucked...bad...fucking...fucking...shitting...fucking...

Absolutely.

• @eol said:

@TimboJones said:
    ... removed ...

Absolutely.

Reported for quoting an offensive post.

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • eoleol Member

@blackbird said:

@eol said:

@TimboJones said:
    ... removed ...

Absolutely.

Reported for quoting an offensive post.

Reported for reporting for quoting an offensive post.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @TimboJones said:
    It's truly pathetic how so many forget this is a motherfucking discussion forum and choose to suck provider dick so much.

I have never used HostDoc so don't need a discount from sucking anything.

I might start bitching and whining if I submitted a ticket and had no response in 24 hours (in the working week) or 48 hours at the weekend but not after 10, 30 or even 37 minutes.

Thanked by 2eol dahartigan
  • There it is folks, we finally got there. Finally someone with the intelligence to read the posts, not be a shill and type something that isnt an attempt to be funny.

Its darn dissapointing for this forum when you type up responses, provide evidence and give a completely fine reasoning all for shills to come in and stout there case for a provider being "a god amongst men".

Hostdoc agreed that they made a mistake, handled it badly yet some users here still want to dribble straight up rubbish.

Thanked by 1blackbird
  • With this thread finally took notice of hostdoc. His replies shows how serious they take their business. Now waiting for Aussie kvm deals.

• @TimboJones said:
    The OP has had a less than good experience over his last four months and simply asked if this was the experience from others.

You guys shit on him for posting so soon after opening a ticket. It was the smart thing to do. If he knows other posters have had good experience, he can chill a bit on waiting for response. If others have had same experience, he'd know to move services. Knowing what others experience will help him proceed with the ticket.

Uhmm...nah! LOL!

@corbpie said:
    Any one else had their HostDoc AUS vps drop out? They are meant to be doing works on their Germany range but not AUS.

It has been a troubled start for a provider claiming 99.9% uptime and reliable vps

Ever since getting services with HostDoc a couple of months back i have seen more downtime and "node upgrades" than other hosts have had over 4 years. Growing pains? or a poor provider?

• Here comes TimboJones to save the day. Looks like we've got ourselves 2 snowflakes here :)

• TimboJones is an azzhat same with corbie..if I was hostdoc I would refund and move on.

No need to apologize....1 rotten egg spoils the pot... some people you don't want as customers

Thanked by 2wtfcook dahartigan
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Wish I had a facepalm emoji.

This discussion has been closed.