Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks | Thoughts? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks | Thoughts?

Comments

• @Voigon said:

@dahartigan said:

@Voigon said:
    I had a VPS with them (KVM though if I remember correctly), network crashed constantly (every 1-2m) which was denied by their support (also tried to access it from a VPN and other VPSs in the EU). Would recommend not going with them.

That sounds horrible. How long have you had that service for and did it ever work as it was supposed to?

Bought it for a year. No it did not.

How long have you had it for?

• @dahartigan said:

@Voigon said:

@dahartigan said:

@Voigon said:
    I had a VPS with them (KVM though if I remember correctly), network crashed constantly (every 1-2m) which was denied by their support (also tried to access it from a VPN and other VPSs in the EU). Would recommend not going with them.

That sounds horrible. How long have you had that service for and did it ever work as it was supposed to?

Bought it for a year. No it did not.

How long have you had it for?

What do you mean? I have prepaid for a year, and I had it for all of it.
    I had the problem for all of the year.

• @drizbo said:

@JohnMiller92 said:

@drizbo said:
    More than a month they did a fake "Giveaway" on LET, after they posted the winners they weren't even online anymore and nobody got it. So it was just for marketing.

Speaks about the company itself.

Honest mistake IMO, they fixed it and did a redraw

I was one of the winners in that draw. I PMed them 1 day after the draw and they didn't respond + they weren't online since 19th december. (Draw was on 18th)
    If you check that forum topic you'll see couple more people saying the same.

Really? You never got your credit?

• Thanked by 3eol anjard dahartigan
  • @JabJab said:

That definitely looks like their shared hosting which is absolutely trash for anything other than playing with cpanel and softaculous.

• it's a FUCK NO from me.

• h2oh2o Member

I have had a vps for one year. That's why I asked for a new good plan from Julian through their low price guarantee few days ago. At least it's more stable for now.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

AlphaRacks is 100% scam operation. You unsubscribe and they keep sending you e-mail. They will take your money and disappear.

Thanked by 2eol dedotatedwam
  • Hmm, I still waiting for my won credit ... for about 2 months, maybe.

• @perennate said:
    AlphaRacks is 100% scam operation. You unsubscribe and they keep sending you e-mail. They will take your money and disappear.

Contents: 100% scam (99.99% spam (like their uptime guarantee) 0.01% service)

• Well, this is supposed to be a 1gbps port and after 5 tickets with various excuses, this is the result...

# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test -O /dev/null
    --2019-01-15 00:55:23-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: '/dev/null'

100%[==========================================>] 104,857,600 5.71MB/s in 11s

2019-01-15 00:55:35 (8.89 MB/s) - '/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

Draw your own conclusions...

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

draws own conclusions

Thanked by 1iHavenoName
  • @iHavenoName said:
    Well, this is supposed to be a 1gbps port and after 5 tickets with various excuses, this is the result...

# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test -O /dev/null
    --2019-01-15 00:55:23-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: '/dev/null'

100%[==========================================>] 104,857,600 5.71MB/s in 11s

2019-01-15 00:55:35 (8.89 MB/s) - '/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]

Draw your own conclusions...

Yikes! How much did you pay for the year for that VPS?

• Thanks for highlighting. Have put on my list.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2019

They will take your money and disappear.

But will keep sending you email ...

EDIT2:

Talkin' about spam.

Thanked by 1eol
  • This is horrible ...

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2019

r00t4bl3 said: This is horrible ...

You sure? More than

FIO random direct read
    Performance 1.14 MB/s
    IOPS 292

https://serverscope.io/trials/WArr#io

December, last year, same speeds, so it's not "one time only" thing :D
    https://serverscope.io/trials/OkKn#io
    ;>

• hello @JabJab . I remember you from Virmach crazy madness auctions mate, how are you?

• here's mine so far.
    https://stats.uptimerobot.com/vZMRYf8gx ,
    though I left the vps idle for months.
    The credits I used in this vps was from their giveaway I won last november.
    Below is the result of my speedtest+benchmark

Benchmark started on Tue Jan 15 14:34:09 EST 2019
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Cores : 1
    Frequency : 1800.061 MHz
    Memory : 1024 MB
    Swap : buffers/cache: MB
    Uptime : 48 days, 13:53,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 2.6.32-042stab125.5
    Hostname : server

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is xxx.xxx.xxx.103

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 11.0MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 3.86MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 9.19MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 11.2MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 11.2MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 11.3MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 8.16MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 8.24MB/s
    Taiwan Hinet 7.10MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 202KB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 12.0MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 97.1 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 126 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 74.9 MB/s
    Average I/O : 99.3333 MB/s

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • @dahartigan said:

Yikes! How much did you pay for the year for that VPS?

$14.50 for a year, so it wasn't the end of the world. I was only going to use it as a VPN, since it was on QuadraNet and not the usual ColoCrossing offers.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2019

perennate said: AlphaRacks is 100% scam operation. You unsubscribe and they keep sending you e-mail. They will take your money and disappear.

Yeah, its been going on for a while now.. company even changed names...

The spam you are getting isn't a new thing, I think he managed to get his hands on the e-mail list that CC was using for all it's spam ops, cause I know he has a habit of e-mailing people that are not his customers and who have already asked to opt out. It is his M.O..

It's sad, cause if he wasn't so bad at actually managing his infrastructure then maybe he wouldn't have to spam to get more customers to rip off. My experience was always that the service was sub-par and would randomly go offline, my guess is that is still how it is today and why he feels the need to spam constantly.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • @JohnMiller92 said:
    Really? You never got your credit?

Got it today.

• Only one of these is true:

• Orange man is not president
    • BetaRacks is bad
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    unbelievable, its 2019 and people that somehow manage to press the right buttons with their forehead to register a forum account still don't know what google is.

Unbelievable. It's 2019, and some people don't know that "forum" is a dedicated discussion board. For the specific purpose of discussion. But I missed the opinions expressed by Google search with responses that you must be referring to.

You could have just mentioned the search function of this very site instead of Google.

• @TimboJones said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    unbelievable, its 2019 and people that somehow manage to press the right buttons with their forehead to register a forum account still don't know what google is.

Unbelievable. It's 2019, and some people don't know that "forum" is a dedicated discussion board. For the specific purpose of discussion. But I missed the opinions expressed by Google search with responses that you must be referring to.

You could have just mentioned the search function of this very site instead of Google.

You try too hard.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I think Alpharacks may come back as Betaracks.

• @deank said:
    I think Alpharacks may come back as Betaracks.

Omegablaps

• OP banned, shill?

• eoleol Member

Likely.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @TheLinuxBug said:

perennate said: AlphaRacks is 100% scam operation. You unsubscribe and they keep sending you e-mail. They will take your money and disappear.

Yeah, its been going on for a while now.. company even changed names...

The spam you are getting isn't a new thing, I think he managed to get his hands on the e-mail list that CC was using for all it's spam ops, cause I know he has a habit of e-mailing people that are not his customers and who have already asked to opt out. It is his M.O..

It's sad, cause if he wasn't so bad at actually managing his infrastructure then maybe he wouldn't have to spam to get more customers to rip off. My experience was always that the service was sub-par and would randomly go offline, my guess is that is still how it is today and why he feels the need to spam constantly.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Racksx is totally different companies from alpha racks. It is like saying alpharacks changing name to alphavps just because they have alpha in the same name.

I was a customer both alpharacks and Racksx, Racksx is dead. Alpharacks still alive and kicking customer in the balls.

Thanked by 1uptime