Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks | Thoughts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks | Thoughts?

They had been active back in November-December 2018, begging to give them second chance.

How have they been doing so far?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Really....

Thanked by 1mfs
  • Well I have an OVZ with them and currently working smoothly having no downtime for around a month and support was pretty fast for me.

Thanked by 1visionboard
  • Begging? Would like to see some deals that reflect this

• Fool me once..

Thanked by 2eol mfs
  • @visionboard said:
    They had been active back in November-December 2018, begging to give them second chance.

Second chance? What did they do ?

• Hmm I would recommend against going with them. Try a different provider one with a good track record.

Try https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/openvz-vps.html
    I have a positive experience with them and they are reasonably priced.

• @adamz said:

@visionboard said:

Reading comments discovered that clients had been disappointed in the past.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

2019 and people still recommend OVZ, the end is overdue.

• @Neoon said:

Because Lowend KS and SYS dedis are always out of stock :smile:

@visionboard said:

@Neoon said:

https://checkservers.ovh/
    https://en.metadedi.net/

Thanked by 1mfs

Not second chance. I think, if you give him a try, it will be like 60th chance.

• I used to have a 2GB KVM SSD VPS with them. The performance and uptime is not bad for the price (about $28/yr). I used it to host a few low traffic sites for almost a year and had zero issue.

I didn't renew because they start spamming me with those $1/yr shared hosting and $7/yr VPS the day after I signed up. I thought that kind of revealed the nature of their bussiness.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

unbelievable, its 2019 and people that somehow manage to press the right buttons with their forehead to register a forum account still don't know what google is.

@AnthonySmith said:
    unbelievable, its 2019 and people that somehow manage to press the right buttons with their forehead to register forum account still don't know what google is.

True dat.

Googling takes efforts.

Registering for LET simply requires stupidity.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    unbelievable, its 2019 and people that somehow manage to press the right buttons with their forehead to register a forum account still don't know what google is.

Google is your data hoarder :smile:

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

@adamz said:

@visionboard said:

I'm not aware of anything specific but iirc they started out as a HF host, so YMMV.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

visionboard said: Google is your data hoarder

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Neoon said:

@visionboard said:

@Neoon said:

https://checkservers.ovh/
    https://en.metadedi.net/

Hmm I would recommend against going with metadedi. The guy is a looser™.

• I like them tbh. I've been using their New Website Special plan (bought a year's worth). VPS seems snappy and never had any issues

• They're fine for having a couple of VPS to idle in case you need them for something. The price is cheap enough that it falls in the category of toy for me.

If you're going to need support or hand holding then forget it. Adjust your expectations according to the amount you are paying.

• I had a VPS with them (KVM though if I remember correctly), network crashed constantly (every 1-2m) which was denied by their support (also tried to access it from a VPN and other VPSs in the EU). Would recommend not going with them.

• @Voigon said:
    I had a VPS with them (KVM though if I remember correctly), network crashed constantly (every 1-2m) which was denied by their support (also tried to access it from a VPN and other VPSs in the EU). Would recommend not going with them.

That sounds horrible. How long have you had that service for and did it ever work as it was supposed to?

• More than a month they did a fake "Giveaway" on LET, after they posted the winners they weren't even online anymore and nobody got it. So it was just for marketing.

Speaks about the company itself.

• Had a cheap server for a couple of years just for testing. It's been pretty reliable with minimal downtime. I doubt I would trust them for client sites.

• I have a very cheap VPS with them ($7/yr), used to be down a lot (like every other day). Now its down once in a while, won't use it for client or anything serious but REALLY good as a VPN.

• @drizbo said:
    More than a month they did a fake "Giveaway" on LET, after they posted the winners they weren't even online anymore and nobody got it. So it was just for marketing.

Honest mistake IMO, they fixed it and did a redraw

• @JohnMiller92 said:

@drizbo said:
    More than a month they did a fake "Giveaway" on LET, after they posted the winners they weren't even online anymore and nobody got it. So it was just for marketing.

Honest mistake IMO, they fixed it and did a redraw

I was one of the winners in that draw. I PMed them 1 day after the draw and they didn't respond + they weren't online since 19th december. (Draw was on 18th)
    If you check that forum topic you'll see couple more people saying the same.

• @dahartigan said:

@Voigon said:
    I had a VPS with them (KVM though if I remember correctly), network crashed constantly (every 1-2m) which was denied by their support (also tried to access it from a VPN and other VPSs in the EU). Would recommend not going with them.

That sounds horrible. How long have you had that service for and did it ever work as it was supposed to?

Bought it for a year. No it did not.