Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vepp - new Server & Website Management Software. Feedback Needed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vepp - new Server & Website Management Software. Feedback Needed

Comments

• beatpavelbeatpavel Member
    edited February 2019

What’s new in Vepp. We’re now working on the site card which includes the main tools for site management. In the last update, we improved the PHP settings.

For those who have already tested Vepp, it could be interesting to check the panel again. If you don’t have a VPS available for testing — you can get a free one from REG.RU (especially for the test of Vepp). Follow the link. Click “try for free” and add the server with CentOS 7 (we recommend Cloud-2 tariff).

What was added to PHP settings
    We added " PHP, CGI (script configuration)” section. It includes basic settings for the PHP module: error reporting, upload_max_filesize, memory_limit — all this needed for configuration of website environment. We also added an ability to change the PHP version. With the release of updates, the set of parameters will be supplemented.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
    edited March 2019

We have updated Vepp. Now, you can use the Domains section to work with your DNS. You can add and edit resource records (A, AAA, NS, MX, TXT, SRV, CNAME, DNAME) and their settings.

Vepp will automatically create an A-record for every new website.

How to test Vepp?

If you haven’t tested Vepp yet, you need to sign up and add a clean server with CentOS 7. If you don’t have a server, you can get a free VPS from REG.COM. Follow the link, click on “Try for free”, and select Cloud-2.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • AndruAndru Member

Awsome!

• Yesterday we released a new update for Vepp. We’re sure that users of AWS, Digital Ocean, and other cloud providers will like this feature.

You can now connect the internal and external IP addresses in the new "configuring for NAT". Vepp will make changes to the name server configuration, configure the correct let's Encrypt SSL certificate and perform other necessary settings.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited March 2019

Is this ISPmanager 6? If so then how about ISPm 5 user?

Edit1: @beatpavel

• Is there a plan of adding Openlitespeed or Hiawatha?

• @desfire said:
    Is there a plan of adding Openlitespeed or Hiawatha?

Can't say, can't say for sure... But if yes, it definitely won't be in 2019...

@NanoG6

@Pavel_S said:
    We plan that Vepp will replace ISPmanager so that there will be no ISPmanager 6. Vepp helps to do the same things that our current ISPmanager allows to do but easier. Due to our new concept and design, many tools in Vepp look and work differently. So far Vepp contains fewer functions than ISPmanager but in the future, it will have all features of ISPmanager that will eventually meet its end of life.

I can only add, that for our existing customers - those who already use ISPmanager - we will definitely provide a special offer.

• beatpavel said: we will definitely provide a special offer

Even if I bought from a reseller?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

Trying to use this with a Hetzner cloud server and cannot get it to connect to the server - just getting;

Cannot connect the server (error 2201). Please make sure the user password is correct and try again.

I can connect direct through SSH just fine, any ideas?

edited March 2019

@iKeyZ said:
    Trying to use this with a Hetzner cloud server and cannot get it to connect to the server - just getting;

Cannot connect the server (error 2201). Please make sure the user password is correct and try again.

I can connect direct through SSH just fine, any ideas?

Please, write about your problem to our technical support ([email protected])

edited April 2019

We added File manager to Vepp: you can now create, copy, delete, move files and directories of the site. The download is available from your computer or from a URL link.

As a next step, we will features that will allow you to download group files, archive files and extract them, change permissions, and edit files.

• Nice.. clean and getting better

Thanked by 1beatpavel
  • AndruAndru Member

Awsome!

Thanked by 1beatpavel
  • Now you can create backups in Vepp. It archives website files in one click.

The backup contains a database dump and the root directory files. The backup includes all data regardless of the time when the data was last updated.
    Now that we have added basic backup functions to Vepp, we are planning to make it flexible by adding files selection, schedule, and external storage.

Thanked by 2Dormeo CrossBox
  • I like this service, if this will be stable and ready to use in live production, i will use it!

"and external storage" - dont forget to support google drive

keep up this fast and great production.

(ps: im an ispmanager paid user)

• looks promising :) good luck with your project.

Dnt forget what was mentioned above, Add 3rd Party Backup! to a google drive would be awesome, tough. :)

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • as i see right now for each server you need vepp accounts, please make able to add more server to your "main" account, and in the dashboard you will see the each servers status...

Thanked by 1reikuzan
  • YuraYura Member

Booming market. Not a week goes by without an announcement of new server management software.

• FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited April 2019

Didn't know this was a thing. I've got an idle VPS, installing now to give it a try.

Edit:
    I like the interface, but it's still definitely alpha. I wish the survey would have let me explain some answers.

Good:

• Geared toward those without a lot of CLI experience
    • What is working works well
    • Very easy to get a wordpress site up and running
    • Nice use of ports to access a website before DNS is live in the wild

Needs work:

• Couldn't get LE SSL working
    • I use vanity NameServers; had to manually add the A records
    • No information about the server/VPS itself (load, memory)
    Thanked by 1beatpavel
  • @Dormeo said:
    as i see right now for each server you need vepp accounts, please make able to add more server to your "main" account, and in the dashboard you will see the each servers status...

This feature is the one that we still consider. It is not in our nearest roadmap but can be added later.

• @Yura said:
    Booming market. Not a week goes by without an announcement of new server management software.

Hah, true) I would only say not every week, but every month or so) We've been developing hosting software for 15 yrs already, and saw a lot of competitor panels, which are no longer exist.

• @FootKaput said:
    Didn't know this was a thing. I've got an idle VPS, installing now to give it a try.

Edit:
    I like the interface, but it's still definitely alpha. I wish the survey would have let me explain some answers.

Good:

• Geared toward those without a lot of CLI experience
    • What is working works well
    • Very easy to get a wordpress site up and running
    • Nice use of ports to access a website before DNS is live in the wild

Needs work:

• Couldn't get LE SSL working
    • I use vanity NameServers; had to manually add the A records
    • No information about the server/VPS itself (load, memory)

Please, write about your problem to our technical support ([email protected])
    Thanks for the detailed feedback, we will pass on your wishes to the developers.

• Been watching since Jan. Do we have price details yet? Thanks

edited April 2019

@okgoogle said:
    Been watching since Jan. Do we have price details yet? Thanks

Thank you very much, it's nice to hear!
    We plan to announce Vepp pricing closer to a day of the beta version launch, which according to our road map will be around June.
    As we promised before - everyone who tested Vepp, connected a server with unique IP, and completed a survey before February 28 - will get a free subscription for 3 years.

• @beatpavel said:

@okgoogle said:
    Been watching since Jan. Do we have price details yet? Thanks

Thank you very much, it's nice to hear!
    We plan to announce Vepp pricing closer to a day of the beta version launch, which according to our road map will be around June.
    As we promised before - everyone who tested Vepp, connected a server with unique IP, and completed a survey before February 28 - will get a free subscription for 3 years.

Oh wow, I can't remember the day I took the survey but I've used 2 or 3 emails when checking it out. Good to know and thanks for the info :) Thank you.

• @beatpavel How to change server/IP address?

edited April 2019

@NanoG6
    At this moment you need to write a request to our support team [email protected]

• I really hope the final price will be not more than 1 USD / month / server

• WolveixWolveix Member
    edited April 2019

@Dormeo said:
    I really hope the final price will be not more than 1 USD / month / server

@beatpavel said:
    We are going to announce the pricing of the full commercial version a little bit later in 2019. We plan that the price of Vepp will be around the price of ISPmanager.

It was previously mentioned that the pricing would be similar to ISPManager.

• ISPManager is not comparable with VEPP because of the features...

just a simple example why:
    ISPManager is able to hand unlimited domains, VEPP is just only one...

Thanked by 1NanoG6