Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need dedicate server config can split upto 1100 vps - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need dedicate server config can split upto 1100 vps

13»

Comments

• Dude, it would be better to share as much of your use case as possible. The 22000 simultaneous streams can be solved by throwing more horsepower.

The bigger issue is, how to use and manage:

1) start/stop the streams
    2) metrics reported by streams
    3) achieve the goal
    4) who will use it and what are their skills

You definitely need consulting advice from experienced QA testers. Depending on what you want to achieve, there's probably dedicated load testers using ASICS and FPGAs that have the testing management and metrics done. Hardware testing is more reliable and control more factors for consistent results.

• eoleol Member

@TimboJones said:
    Dude, it would be better to share as much of your use case as possible. The 22000 simultaneous streams can be solved by throwing more horsepower.

3) achieve the goal

You definitely need consulting advice from experienced QA testers. Depending on what you want to achieve, there's probably dedicated load testers using ASICS and FPGAs that have the testing management and metrics done. Hardware testing is more reliable and control more factors for consistent results.

While your post didn't tell me much I think those 22000 streams were just an example.

• @eol said:

@TimboJones said:
    Dude, it would be better to share as much of your use case as possible. The 22000 simultaneous streams can be solved by throwing more horsepower.

3) achieve the goal

While your post didn't tell me much I think those 22000 streams were just an example.

Or you can reread his first post where he explicitly says just about the only thing we know about his use case. He said it several times in other posts. Did you miss page 1 of this thread?

The guy needs to think more about how it will operate more than the hardware specs at this point.

• eoleol Member

@TimboJones said:
    Or you can reread his first post where he explicitly says just about the only thing we know about his use case. He said it several times in other posts. Did you miss page 1 of this thread?

The guy needs to think more about how it will operate more than the hardware specs at this point.

No and yes.

• still waiting for OP to show $40k

Thanked by 1eol
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited January 2019

word of advice. you go to let, stating what you want to do, and the reason, chance are you are going to get an answer and solution better than what you have right now.

I don't know what you are doing, but I don't think such dedicated that can create 1000++ vps is exist.

for opening 20 tab of chrome browser you are looking at 4 gb of ram at least. 4 x 1000 = 4000. You are looking at 4Tb of Ram. good luck finding dedicated with 4tb of RAM.

• eoleol Member

IBM Z series comes to mind...

• @yokowasis said:
    I don't know what you are doing, but I don't think such dedicated that can create 1000++ vps is exist.

for opening 20 tab of chrome browser you are looking at 4 gb of ram at least. 4 x 1000 = 4000. You are looking at 4Tb of Ram. good luck finding dedicated with 4tb of RAM.

CC is the right place for this. They've got to be getting 40,960 hosts per 1270v1 by now.

Thanked by 1eol
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited January 2019

The OP (= @Andrewtom) signed up on January 4th, don't expect a detailed explanation from him, in fact, he's probably already gone.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

He probably got an offer via PM and got scammed already.

Because of ego being hurt brutally, he may come back here and claim that he found a solution and that he is happy with his marriage.

• @gbf said:
    Why would you play 22000 videos in the background that nobody can watch?
    This doesn't make any sense or suspicious at the very least.
    Do you want to grab videos in industrial scale?

IPTV provider maybe?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

Would this work for you ?
    2x HPE Moonshot 1500
    90x HPE ProLiant m710x (E3-1585Lv5, 64gb ram, 256gb ssd)
    1/4 Rack
    333TB on 2x10gbps
    /22 IP block
    12 month contract with insurance

• I bet you could get @vova1234 to resell you a thing.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

Andrewtom said: What 1 vps do is :
    +It just running chrome or firefox browser. Open maximum 20 tab. Each Tab is streaming youtube video or amazon video or hulu, netflix.

+And I also need each VPS has US IP !

Well, you just need to cut the server through VMmanager or ProxMox.

Minimal configuration for your operation: 1 vcore 2 gb ram +-30-40 gb ssd/sata. Windows 2016 takes an average of 20 gigabytes.

For now, I see this on ovh but don't know it can meet with my need : EG-512-H
    https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/all_servers.xml

On this server you can buy 250 IP with a one-time payment of 2 euro per 1 IP. If the server is in Canada, then US and CA IP are available. OVH is suitable for your task as there is a lot to buy cheap IP.

But on a large server, you are up to bandwidth. 500 mbps in OVH is too low for so many VPS.

Just example.

Cloud:
    OVH has this: https://www.ovh.com/world/vps/vps-cloud.xml
    But there is Canada. Is that to buy Canada Windows VPS (15.07) and to her 1 FO IP US (3).
    1100*18.07 = 19877$

Main line servers OVH:
    https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/enterprise/1801mg01.xml
    2x Xeon E5-2630v3 128GB RAM 3x4 TB SATA 500 Mbps (x2 not doing yet) ~ $258

Max VPS on this server: 120. +120*3 = $360
    360+258 = $618

It will be config: 1 vcore 1gb ram 30gb sata 4 Mbps(stream on low quality), Windows.

120 VPS - $618
    1100 VPS - $5665

There are savings. But a lot of manual work.

SYS variant:
    https://www.soyoustart.com/us/order/soYouStart.xml?reference=1804sys47
    Xeon E3-1245v2 (4c/8th) - 32GB DDR3 1333 MHz - SoftRaid 2x480GB SSD

1 vcore 2gb ram 30 gb ssd 15 mbps (after x2 bandwidth it will be 30mbps)

$71.99 + 24 (16 * $1.50) = 96$

1100/16 = 69 servers

69*96 = 6624$ first month in SYS for your project.

48*69 = 3312$ for next month in SYS.

If you do a VPS on SYS, then the main line of OVH servers will be cheaper.

It is difficult to write through the language barrier.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Vova1234 said: 2x Xeon E5-2630v3 128GB RAM 3x4 TB SATA 500 Mbps (x2 not doing yet) ~ $258

Max VPS on this server: 120. +120*3 = $360

360+258 = $618

There is no way to run 120 windows VPS servers with each running 20 chrome tabs playing youtube on this hardware. CPU is shit, and disk setup... i saw home NAS systems running better disk setup than 3 x 4 tb drive

So realistically you are looking at most 30ish servers here before you kill I/O completely.

• Besides, Google will block your ass quickly for it - or are you trying to demonetize someone?

• @Letzien said:
    Besides, Google will block your ass quickly for it - or are you trying to demonetize someone?

$40k to demonetize someone?? I like the way you think.

• @smile said:

@Letzien said:
    Besides, Google will block your ass quickly for it - or are you trying to demonetize someone?

$40k to demonetize someone?? I like the way you think.

He burns the IPs and they could be out a fuckton more then 40k.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

We can offer this at $7.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    We can offer this at $7.

Where's the order link? 1100 VPS for $7/m I am in.

Thanked by 1apidevlab
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Each.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I'm curious if any lowend VPS can handle 20 tabs of video streaming?

At least my i7 laptop with 8 GB Ram can hardly handle it.

• arhuearhue Member
    edited January 2019
    1. Buy a /21 ARIN IP space for yourself. You can buy here: https://www.ipv4auctions.com/
      That way you'll get your IPs and other people's IP space won't get hurt if you are doing anything illegal. This could cost around $40k.
    2. Next go to this list and find a dedicated server provider you like: bgpvps.com
    3. Buy multiple powerful servers from them. Ask them to route like a /26 to each server. Put like 100 VMs on a server which costs like 1000$. You don't need to use VMs. Use containers like LXC/LXD. They are more lightweight and you can assign full IPs to them.
    4. If your provider is unhappy with the kind of BW you are consuming/will consume, ask them to route you via a cheap provider like HE or Cogent. You can negotiate a price with your upstream as both of these are cheap. You can show quotes directly from them to bring it down as well.
    Thanked by 1eva2000
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2019

Until @Andrewtom can explain what he’s doing (beyond his “test case” excuse), I’m going to be assuming that he’s running some sort of YouTube bot.

That said, I can’t see any legitimate use case for 1100 tabs anyway but unless the OP can elaborate on what he’s trying to do, this thread will be.......... you guessed it — closed.

Thanked by 3eol netomx AuroraZ
This discussion has been closed.