Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaVPS - Holiday Season offers - KVM Storage, KVMs, OpenVZ and multi-core dedicated machines - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaVPS - Holiday Season offers - KVM Storage, KVMs, OpenVZ and multi-core dedicated machines

Comments

• Why there is always cheaper deal. I just got something cheap on BF then I saw this.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Skander said:

@AlexBarakov said:

@Skander said:
    I think y'all got yourselves a new customer. I'll be placing an order shortly. :)
    Hope to have a good relationship with you.

Quick question: What is the kernel version on the OVZ plans? (2GB - UK)

This sounds great! All of our OpenVZ plans are based on 2.6.32 kernel. OpenVZ 6. The kernel is shared and can not be upgraded and it can't run docker. This is not limited to UK only, it's amongst all of our locations.

Additionally - yes, we are aware that the EOL of OpenVZ 6 approaches in next November. We're actively working on an upgrade path for our customers and beta testing OpenVZ 7.

Not a problem. Is the connection a 100Mb or 1Gb line?
    Thanks for the prompt response.

Hi,
    1Gbit/s line on all VMs and dedicated servers, except Storage servers, which may get limited to 500Mbit/s.

@Kiwi83 said:
    Why there is always cheaper deal. I just got something cheap on BF then I saw this.

Our pricing is driven by the current stock levels and ensuring we fill up empty space. The current offers are possible after we've evaluated the canceled orders (due non-payment) from BF 2017.

Thanked by 1Skander
  • I don't get the cheap cheap cheap fetish.
    Isn't it more important what you actually get for the money?
    Also cheap is not always cheap (in the long run).

• Just a quick testimonial. I am (very) happy with the VPS I got from AlphaVPS. The network performance and VPS performance is stellar. Worth every penny so far. :)

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov

@Skander said:
    Just a quick testimonial. I am (very) happy with the VPS I got from AlphaVPS. The network performance and VPS performance is stellar. Worth every penny so far. :)

Thank you!

• Grabbed the holiday-4G-KVM @ UK, very happy with it, upload & download speed very fast too, good job Alex.

@Matt247 said:
    Grabbed the holiday-4G-KVM @ UK, very happy with it, upload & download speed very fast too, good job Alex.

Thank you! :)

• Currently I have a VPS (OVZ) running since july and I'm very happy with AlphaVPS in datacenter London.

Ordered a Dual Xeon L5630 | 16GB RAM | 1x 200GB SSD | 5TB BW | /29 IPv4 a few days ago and waiting on the delivery. But if things are as good as I think it is everything will be great. Will post an update once I have played arround with it.

• Is this host better than HiFormance or should I buy another HiFormance 3 yr deal for $10?

Thanked by 3eol t0m dahartigan
  • @asterisk14 said:
    Is this host better than HiFormance or should I buy another HiFormance 3 yr deal for $10?

Well from what we know "HiFormance" is dead.

• Why, WHY do you so sweet offers?:( How can we left it unbought?:(

• jure12jure12 Member
    edited December 2018

I've tested KVM VPS (London, UK) and I can only say the best about that VPS.
    I leave you a picture of my TEST:

The result is amazing. Look at disk speed, this looks like NVME disk.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @AlexBarakov

Nullrouting kicks in on certain packets threshold. I can assume that you are doing multi-threaded transfers with a lot of small packets? The best thing would be to open a ticket so we can examine the logs more properly and give you some more precise answer. I would prefer not to share any of the thresholds here, due it being a public community, however this is the first time I am hearing it limiting a legitimate use, thus - wasn't causing problems so far. Do open up a ticket and we will look through it.

Yes, it was multi-threaded (< 10) TCP but packets were as large as the MTU. Maybe the pps was still too high as the transfer speed approaches linerate. Either way, thanks for the explanation and I will open a ticket next time. I talked to some other providers on similar issues but they were either high-handed or ignorant so I got tired of it. I believe they had rather low threshold because it was not even starting to reach linerate when the IP was null-routed. So, thanks again, and I too can say I am quite happy about your service. I do hope that you made enough profit that canceled out the cost incurred by the chargeback(s) made by my fellow countryman.

• @jure12 said:

Wait...
    Is it optimized already?

Thanked by 2ehab t0m
  • @eol said:

@jure12 said:

Wait...
    Is it optimized already?

Oh boy!!! I have one 'img' for you:

Thanked by 1eol
  • LOL!
    Thanks.

• VayVayKaVayVayKa Member
    edited December 2018

AlexBarakov said: OpenVZ in 5 locations:

Hi!
    How many clients (VMs) share the port?

• I bought it about 2 days ago, speed was great, I can't find any other offer with this price!

• @AlexBarakov Hi. Would holiday-4G-KVM be possible to get with 100GB HDD instead of 25GB SSD in Sofia?

• Bought a 2GB KVM in London today in addition to the 2GB OVZ I got a few days ago.
    Excellent drive performance, highly recommended so far.

Will probably end up using the KVM one and delegating the OVZ to idle/experiments/projects.

• @AlexBarakov conversion fee killed the deal. Make it USD?

• what would the additional monthly be for another 30GB SSD?

Guys, sorry for the late responses, will try to address everything in here:

@Powercommy said:
    Currently I have a VPS (OVZ) running since july and I'm very happy with AlphaVPS in datacenter London.

Ordered a Dual Xeon L5630 | 16GB RAM | 1x 200GB SSD | 5TB BW | /29 IPv4 a few days ago and waiting on the delivery. But if things are as good as I think it is everything will be great. Will post an update once I have played arround with it.

Hello!
    Glad you like our services in London. I am sure you will love the once in Sofia as well! Not sure if this is deployed yet, as we had a huge order backlist and ran out of stock a couple of times. Looking forward to your review!

asterisk14 said: Is this host better than HiFormance or should I buy another HiFormance 3 yr deal for $10?

You should try us out. We don't offer 3 yrly deals, but been in business for 5 years. Does it count?

@MarshalChe said:
    Why, WHY do you so sweet offers?:( How can we left it unbought?:(

Better don't leave the deals unbought - we'll be happy to have you as a client!

@jure12 said:
    I leave you a picture of my TEST:.....

Actually - looks like you are getting speeds under what you should be getting. Can you please open up a ticket, so we can check out if proper virtio devices are enabled.

psb777 said: Yes, it was multi-threaded (< 10) TCP but packets were as large as the MTU. Maybe the pps was still too high as the transfer speed approaches linerate. Either way, thanks for the explanation and I will open a ticket next time. I talked to some other providers on similar issues but they were either high-handed or ignorant so I got tired of it. I believe they had rather low threshold because it was not even starting to reach linerate when the IP was null-routed. So, thanks again, and I too can say I am quite happy about your service. I do hope that you made enough profit that canceled out the cost incurred by the chargeback(s) made by my fellow countryman.

Make sure to open up a ticket. I will check it out and let you know which threshold you've hit ;)

@VayVayKa said:

AlexBarakov said: OpenVZ in 5 locations:

Hi!
    How many clients (VMs) share the port?

Depends on many factors - if you need dedicated port, obviously the 10EUR deal is not suitable for this.

@Bardulf said:
    I bought it about 2 days ago, speed was great, I can't find any other offer with this price!!

Thank you!

@BBTN said:
    @AlexBarakov Hi. Would holiday-4G-KVM be possible to get with 100GB HDD instead of 25GB SSD in Sofia?

I believe I've answered your ticket today :)

@Skander said:
    Bought a 2GB KVM in London today in addition to the 2GB OVZ I got a few days ago.
    Excellent drive performance, highly recommended so far.

Will probably end up using the KVM one and delegating the OVZ to idle/experiments/projects.

Thank you @Skander ! Glad you like the performance!

@Chuck said:
    @AlexBarakov conversion fee killed the deal. Make it USD?

Sorry, conversion fees will kill our small margins :/

@caniac22 said:
    what would the additional monthly be for another 30GB SSD?

Unfortunately, we do not do individual resource upgrades on any of our plans, other than the Bandwidth and IPs. If you need more resources, you would need to upgrade to next tier of services. This is set this way to ensure we balance our nodes correctly.

Thanked by 2BBTN Powercommy
  • Do you support installing Windows operating system?

• are you allow installation from other distros via iso installation??

@Sava said:
    Do you support installing Windows operating system?

Sure, if you bring your own license - on KVMs only, of course.

@cybersans said:
    are you allow installation from other distros via iso installation??

Sure, open a ticket and we will upload it for you.

• @AlexBarakov pmed you

@uxtvdl said:
    @AlexBarakov pmed you

Answered!

• I ordered one of their dedicated servers. It's a great deal.

A huge plus is the customer support. I'm receiving fast responses and Alexander is really helpful.

• I have a query here and pm-ed waiting for reply