Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember

Comments

• I want to host some website and private VPN.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited December 2018

Replicate my websites and be the failover server. And since it's nvme, definitely dd tests. I'm a wiener, pick me!

Never won anything anyways, can't hurt on trying.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Replicate my websites and be the failover server. And since it's nvme, definitely dd tests.

Never won anything anyways, can't hurt on trying.

Good luck.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • I am an old customer of inception hosting, I will to get another one for my website hosting.
    Good luck to me.

• I'd like to host a wordpress with woocommerce as a CMS type eshop. :)

• I'd like to install Debian. Thx.

Thanked by 1eol
  • To idle ... wait ...

• I would use it to monitor my other vps, run a blog and maybe other small projects and testing.

• Nothing fancy... I would run a LEMP stack on it for hosting small business websites...

• I'll probably use it to test out virtualmin/webmin features prior to implementing it on my personal "production servers" (daughters' websites - hosted on Inception Hosting's VPS :) )

• I want to move away from vmhaus.

Thanked by 2eol reikuzan
  • doki doki while waiting for the wiener announcement

Thanked by 2eol reikuzan
  • I will check this thread again tomorrow and pick the wieners.

So who are the winers of the trip to visit UK? :)

Thanked by 1t0m
  • Good job @AnthonySmith. Next year for #Givesomethingbackdecember, let Thee allow you to GiveAway 6 no's :smiley:

:Jingle bells:

• I'd sell it on yid.bid

Thanked by 3t0m kkrajk eol
  • @FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:

It's awesome that you made this thread, you definitely deserve the credit :)

Exactly what I thought, and you come up with this hashtag which is currently ranked top on Google Search (Google robot is crawling it super fast)

Holy shit you're right! :O Nice work Ant :)> @tomle said:

I'd use it for running Asterisk so that my family can call each other and outbound as well.
    Every 90 days, sure I guess I could remember to open a ticket :)

@gol3m said:
    I'd sell it on yid.bid

Lol

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Picking now, might take a bit to put everyone's name in a random draw.

Stand by.

Actually did not take long with a scrape and sed...

And the wieners are!

beagle said: monitoring node from UK, personal vpn and Python development lab

smallbibi said: I'd host a wordpress blog with it

Oseri said: Hi, if granted I'll use it to as a personal pi-hole/VPN.

I will PM each one of you with a unique number you must place in the order notes during purchase just so I can track it and verify you.

I am also giving away 1 more because it sounded very interesting, and I might need some solar advice in the not to distant future :)

gks said: I will be running a solar plant simulation (through Akka remote actors, Java app), building a early stage IIOT platform for connecting devices. The plants size vary from sizes, but a small foot VPS good enough to simulate data about 50 MW plant size (inverters, combiner, transformer etc are simulated over virtual serial port) then the data is send to remote clusters for data processing (using netcup dedicated root server 24 GB RAM and one 48 GB RAM, that runs Spark, Kafka Brokers, Akka actors and few micro services, heavy computation tasks) using Kafka, Akka and MQTT protocols, now using 2 Virmach Windows KVMs to visualize the data using Power BI.

I have taken small foot VPS (ranging from 1 GB RAM to 2 GB RAM, 1 core to 2 cores, 10 GB to 30 GB SDD/HDD) from providers around the world (10+ providers, found in LEB, LET), so that I will be knowing the failures, recoveries, latency, running them in cheaper cost. The small foot VPS, I keep the load less than 50% of given core, but RAM consumption may be around 1 GB, they send about 2 GB data per day to my netcup servers 24/7. Otherwise I need 30+ Raspberry PI devices to simulate, but I can't co-locate to other regions simply.

• Congrats to the winners, and thanks to @AnthonySmith for this initiative.

Thanked by 1eol
  • beaglebeagle Member
    edited December 2018

I can't believe I won. I don't usually have luck on draws. :smile:

Thank you very much for the initiative Ant. #Givesomethingbackdecember

• I can't believe I won. I don't usually have luck on draws. ;-)

Congratulations

Weiners just order the product, use the code in the order notes, do not pay.

• Congrats to the weiners \o

• Steam+1

• gksgks Member
    edited December 2018

@AnthonySmith, thank you so much.. I am happy to help with Solar stuffs.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Congrats and kudos to Ant for spreading joy in these times!

• Can't believe I didn't win one to idle. Sham! Scam! Something!

@AnthonySmith said:
    I am also giving away 1 more because it sounded very interesting, and I might need some solar advice in the not to distant future :)

gks said: I will be running a solar plant simulation

Cool. I'm hoping @gks gives us regular updates on how this is working as I'm interested in it too.

• i don't hear Anthony say " do not pay." often.

ehab said: i don't hear Anthony say " do not pay." often.

haha, you have obviously never been to dinner with me then, yes that is an invite!

Thanked by 2vimalware Falzo
  • if ever we meet, then dinner is on me.

Thanked by 1Falzo