Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember

Comments

• jhjh Member

I would like to use one as a dev server for my PhD research in cloud brokerage.

• I will use it to run one benchmark and then let it idle.

• I would use it to blog about lowend escapades.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I would be happy to get it, it will be used for self-hosted password manager called Bitwarden https://bitwarden.com/ - it requires docker so must be KVM.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

I would like to use one to cut the costs on hosting some websites I host for a local community.

• I'll use it as docker container since my old laptop is dying at the moment.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

I'd use it for running Asterisk so that my family can call each other and outbound as well.
    Every 90 days, sure I guess I could remember to open a ticket :)

• KwoonKwoon Member
    edited December 2018

I'd use it to host a small vanilla minecraft server for me and my friends (we are 4-5 players max.)

• I simply want to use it as vpn server

• Will be using it strictly for learning purpose for basic LEMP setup and security to run a simple WordPress site and a forum.

Already got a nice netcup vps to run the actual site and forum, but I need another one where I can test things without fear breaking the live sites.

• Just another wordpress blog.

• I would like to use it for webserver and try some control panel
    Open a ticket every 90 days, it looks like it will be fun to talk with you

• I could really use it to serve OTA updates for my iOS app :blush: And I was actually a user of InceptionHosting back when where you were providing LES on SG, it was a bad experience tho :disappointed: Anyway any justification for my iOS app can be provided if needed :smile:

• Thanks for doing this. I hope I will have good experience with IH this time :wink:
  • SilvestSilvest Member
    edited December 2018

I would use it as my custom CI/CD, which I am planning to build using VueJS + Deployer + Laravel. And as my private Docker Registry

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Singapore was a disaster, but it was an at cost service/community project, not a commercial product and it was around 4 years ago.

Thanked by 1sayem314
  • My plan would be to use it as a test environment for a my projects. Maybe even host the live site of those projects as well.

• Monitoring my other VPS, UK would be a great location.

• I will install runcloud in it and run at least 2 websites.

• I'd host a wordpress blog with it :neutral:

• i have personal blog with wordpress, i only post 1-2 article/month, also need labs for laravel. will install LAMP because apache support every web development platform for testing.

• As this is KVM so will setup portainer and do wordpress development through docker.

• Hello,

I would want to use the VPS to set up my development server. I would like to develop my java, nodejs, python or C++ programs and test run them on Ubuntu.

And I have not tried Inception Hosting before and would definitely want to try it out. :)

Thanks for your consideration. Much appreciated!

• Nodejs app with nginx reverse proxy

• Awesome! I'd use this for Pi-hole + VPN. I'm also considering a status/uptime monitoring page.

• Use it to browse LET

Thanked by 1eol
  • Tbh like all my VPS's I'd let it idle. Run a znc if you insist on usage though.

• I want to use it as a syncthing server and host some NodeJS projects on it

• I want to host my home automation server using mqqt

• Great initiative!

• this is anthony after page 50