Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[GIVEAWAY] 3 x 1GB NVMe KVM [INCEPTION HOSTING] #Givesomethingbackdecember

Comments

• Nice giveaway :) Whoever wins will surely have a great network performance hehe

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ehab said: this is anthony after page 50

That is me on a good day.

• hahahahh

• For reverse proxy nginx.

• Host a small tech news related blog

• Unbound with IP restrictions for my pihole instances. Secondary haproxy.

• I want to use it to monitor other VPS, and try your service. Thanks.

• I use it for my web development for testing

• I'll use it to monitor the other two VPSes I have with you :)

Jokes aside, Clouvider offers amazing network and Anthony offers great value. Whoever gets this offer will enjoy it for sure.

• I would use it for my web development projects and host my beta projects related to web.
    Also some personal gameservers :smiley:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Give me back my sanity.

• Hey

I guess I could use one to setup a public secure (TCP port 853 ENCRYPTED) DNS resolver. Currently most resolvers that support both encrypted request & have a valid cert are run by huge corporations (CF/quad9), I feel like we need more resolvers not run for profit. (For that kind of setup: https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/unbound-tls-forwarding)

Clouvider network could be a great place to run a public resolver like that as it would be within decent reach for people in many places.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • #dicks

• I would be using it to host a couple of sites from local user groups.

• Hi, if granted I'll use it to as a personal pi-hole/VPN.

• t0mt0m Member
    edited December 2018

Great gesture! I would be using it to let the server only run 1 cronjob every 90 days to automatically open up the requested ticket :smile:

No, I would use it to host my project (still work in progress) which can be used (for free) by other LET users in the end to easen up managing all their VPS’s to #givesomethingback. I am currently owning 5 NAT VPS’s with InceptionHosting.

• Hi. I will use it for a little monitoring of my others VDS and for the page (ban statistic, game server statistic) of my game project.

• Ant and his stalker coming together for a project? At least one will end up dead.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • would move legacy open cart program from C.C to U.K.

• As I am a studenr, I will be using for the hosting nodejs small projects that will help me in future learning.
    Wish me luck,
    Thanks in advance!

• I'll host my multi-billion euro venture on it and create a thread here about how much money I lost because you had 1 hour of downtime.

Seriously though, I have been a happy customer of yours, and I'd love to host a pi-hole on it for my household. Either way, very nice of you to give back to community!

@Letzien said:
    Ant and his stalker coming together for a project? At least one will end up dead.

Haha, we both overreacted massively, time heals all wounds, mistakes were made on both sides, we settled it.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I'll setup an open mail relay and a shoe proxy on it. also will mine the hell out of the poor thing. after getting suspended I'll issue a chargeback... oh, wait. ;-)

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • I would setup a Mikrotik CloudHostedRouter for some of my personal VPN stuff and or I'm looking currently for a home for some monitoring tasks.
    Like my LES vps with InceptionHosting, it will be mostly idling around with low resource usage.

• i would use it for my main site... about rising ticket, well i have been your customer since 3 years now and i only had 2 tickets... its just because your service ROCKS!

• use it for docker, bitwarden and mailcow

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited December 2018

Great initiative. Would love to participate for the giveaway. Will be running a small Wordpress website for a local organisation. 100% ran by vulunteers dedicated to help and assist the less fortunate in life.

Edit: as @AnthonySmith invited other hosts to join the party: if you can spare a small vm like this please get in touch as I'm seriously looking for a sponsor for this organization. EU/NL location needed/preferred.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    As per the title:

• UK, Clouvider DC.
    • 2 vCPU (FUP Applies)
    • 1 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 10GB NVMe SSD Disk
    • 1TB bandwidth
    • E3-1270v5 or v6 CPU's
    • Automatic daily backups
    • DDOS Protection

Just tell me what you want to do with it.

Terms: You either need to have been a customer of Inception Hosting at some point or on LET for 6 months, you open a ticket once every 90 days (ish) to confirm you are still using it.

Exclusions: China, Brazil.

I will check this thread again tomorrow and pick the wieners.

Would love to see other hosts join in with separate threads.

I am extremely sorry to I form you that I am not I interested at all.
    But good luck though.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I want to install a vps on the vps because it is inception hosting😄
    I could use a box across the pond for geo diversification and to host a git tea instance

edited December 2018

dongne said: I am extremely sorry to I form you that I am not I interested at all.
    But good luck though.

There is always one eh!