Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webtropia Christmas offers (VPS for 1 EUR / Month) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webtropia Christmas offers (VPS for 1 EUR / Month)

Comments

• Nirvana said: Should be DD MM YYYY

Nope, tried it at first place, not accepted, data invalid. All combinations not accepted.

• @Hukin said:
    Nope, tried it at first place, not accepted, data invalid. All combinations not accepted.

Here it works:

• Sorry, this order is not available for your country. Please try again later.

So webtropia is the first german site where my country is denied lol

• Nirvana said: Here it works:

OK Seems everything you touch start working :smiley:

WebGuru said: this order is not available for your country.

Which step you get this? After you fill up all forms and send to them?

• @Hukin said:

Nirvana said: Here it works:

OK Seems everything you touch start working :smiley:

WebGuru said: this order is not available for your country.

Which step you get this? After you fill up all forms and send to them?

Yep after the form was submitted and for those who want to know the date of bith format is dd-mm-yyyy

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

WebGuru said: Yep after the form was submitted and for those who want to know the date of bith format is dd-mm-yyyy

Kinda of magic enough :smiley:

So they get all your data then pass to GTFO.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Its one of these deals, where you probably spend more time then money.

• @Hukin said:

Falzo said: Falzo

Just wondering how you to get 1 EUR per month, when I get with 1 EUR discount only with same deal and same code :smiley:

yeah weird, I just clicked through directly from the advent calendar. even if I do it again and don't lookup the advent calendar but only use the discount code or change the billing model to prepaid or the language to english I get the correct/desired result.

dunno, why it was different for other people, I'd think they somehow had it wrong in the first place then...

expect them to ask for verification documents like ID/passport and stuff. also the shown prices are including VAT only for german customers. for everyone else the same shown prices are excluding VAT (if applicable). this means non-european customers can't deduct 19% and european customers even get their local VAT on top.

• btw, does anyone know what they had in there on saturday and sunday? wasn't aware they were running something like that, so didn't check... curious though.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

Falzo said: dunno, why it was different for other people

Yep also I tried fill up at the same format as OP, 30 1 1978 but got refused by invalid data but now it working ..

Falzo said: expect them to ask for verification documents like ID/passport and stuff

So sell your ass for 1 EUR? That a nice deal! ) Someone probably even downgraded to zero )

• @Falzo said:
    btw, does anyone know what they had in there on saturday and sunday? wasn't aware they were running something like that, so didn't check... curious though.

Yesterday they had an offer on their root servers (don't remember details, but wasn't that good). Like @graphic mentioned earlier, they indeed raised the prices on all products (the vServer S 6.0 was 3,99 EUR/month before). So a 1 EUR discount really would have been a joke.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Nirvana said: So a 1 EUR discount really would have been a joke.

Yes because the belt was hard to be removed.

• Now it works for me, too. I didn't do anything different before.

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited December 2018

Has anyone found out what virtualization they're using for their containers?

• @benj0x said:
    Has anyone found out what virtualization they're using for their containers?

No Ubuntu 18 -> openvz?

• seems like they don't allow to buy more than 2 vservers with this offer.

• Within Europe you pay VAT on the advertised price of EUR 1 so it's EUR 1,21 monthly.

Also the welcome e-mail says something about sending in an ID to release the order:

Dear XXX,

thank you for your order at webtropia.com!

Your customer number is: XXX

Access data for our customer area:

URL : https://zkm.webtropia.com/
    Your Login ID is : XXX
    Your password is : XXX

Your order will be checked and activated. If you want accelerate this process please send us a copy of your ID card (front and back). If you make this order as a business please send us
    your business registration or certificate of registration. You can send this copy via one of the following ways:

• via email to the following address: [email protected]

• via fax to the following fax number: +49 (0) 211 - 545 957 - 338

If the review of your order with the submitted documents is successful, we will realease the order. After activation of the order your product will be provided promptly and displayed in the central customer management. You will be informed about this in a separate email.

Greetings
    Your webtropia.com-Team

myLoc managed IT AG
    Am Gatherhof 44
    D-40472 Düsseldorf

http://www.webtropia.com

Telefon: +49 (0) 211 - 545 957 - 330
    Telefax: +49 (0) 211 - 545 957 - 338

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Düsseldorf unter HRB 48531
    Vorstände: Christoph Herrnkind, Peter Hansen, Sascha Prütz
    Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Bernd Hoffmann
    UStIDNr.: DE 201 967 354

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

ARiEWWW said: Your order will be checked and activated. If you want accelerate this process please send us a copy of your ID card (front and back).

So if you don't want to accelerate, and can just wait a little longer, you don't have to send?

• I received an email asking for ID anyway.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rm_ said:

ARiEWWW said: Your order will be checked and activated. If you want accelerate this process please send us a copy of your ID card (front and back).

So if you don't want to accelerate, and can just wait a little longer, you don't have to send?

It takes longer when you not send it, because we need to contact you, to request your ID.

Thanked by 2torrbox softxnews
  • rm_ said: So if you don't want to accelerate, and can just wait a little longer, you don't have to send?

They just trying to play out on passport control.

• Ok mailed support to cancel the order.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

ARiEWWW said: Ok mailed support to cancel the order.

If you send them 1 EUR more, they will process your cancellation faster..

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • I payed the VAT also, so let them hurry up then

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited December 2018

Got one, seems IPv6 performance is really bad unfortunately (26.1KB/s). Might cancel, too bad...

root@vps1734971:~# wget -T 1 -t 1 -6 -O /dev/null http://kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net/100MB.zip
    --2018-12-04 11:27:58--  http://kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net/100MB.zip
    Resolving kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net (kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net)... 2a00:800:1010:3::2
    Connecting to kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net (kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net)|2a00:800:1010:3::2|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/zip]
    Saving to: ‘/dev/null’

/dev/null                                                     1%[>                                                                                                                                          ]   1.22M  26.1KB/s   in 37s    s

2018-12-04 11:28:35 (33.3 KB/s) - Read error at byte 1274919/104857600 (Connection timed out). Giving up.

• @tomle said:
    Got one, seems IPv6 performance is really bad unfortunately (26.1KB/s). Might cancel, too bad...

root@vps1734971:~# wget -T 1 -t 1 -6 -O /dev/null http://kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net/100MB.zip
    --2018-12-04 11:27:58--  http://kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net/100MB.zip
    Resolving kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net (kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net)... 2a00:800:1010:3::2
    Connecting to kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net (kst5-speedtest-1.tele2.net)|2a00:800:1010:3::2|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/zip]
    Saving to: ‘/dev/null’

/dev/null                                                     1%[>                                                                                                                                          ]   1.22M  26.1KB/s   in 37s    s

2018-12-04 11:28:35 (33.3 KB/s) - Read error at byte 1274919/104857600 (Connection timed out). Giving up.

Instead of dealing with long and slow support for cancelling your account, I can take over yours. Just change your account name and details into something fake and change the email and delete payment details. You can change the email into mine, and I will later change the account and payment details into mine

• jamuja said: jamuja

Yeah, that a nice deal, sell your ass to stranger for 1 EUR also :smiley:

• @Hukin said:

jamuja said: jamuja

Yeah, that a nice deal, sell your ass to stranger for 1 EUR also :smiley:

especially after you send in your ID/passport to validate...

• https://serverscope.io/trials/El4x

Definitely not that great performance, but for 1 euro it's not too bad.

• Falzo said: after you send in your ID/passport to validate...

Bingo sir :smiley: