Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webtropia Christmas offers (VPS for 1 EUR / Month)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webtropia Christmas offers (VPS for 1 EUR / Month)

NirvanaNirvana Member
edited December 2018 in General
  • 1 vCore
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 75 GB SSD-boosted storage (RAID10)
  • 1 IPv4
  • Traffic-Flat (300 Mbit/s)

Price: 1 EUR / Month (recurring)

Order Link: https://www.webtropia.com/de/vserver/vserver-linux-mieten/vergleich.html (Coupon Code: webtropia-Advent18-3)

Thanked by 3sonic Falzo inklight

Comments

• the end is nigh?

Thanked by 3eol inklight WebProject
  • Is this KVM or something else? Is Webtropia reliable provider? Thanks for great offer!

• vCores guaranteed. Can I max 100% core 24/7?

• @sonic said:
    Is this KVM or something else? Is Webtropia reliable provider? Thanks for great offer!

It's described as "Container Virtualization" (https://www.webtropia.com/en/landingpages/advent-calendar2016/door-3.html). But it seems you could get it as a VM as well (at a higher price tag).

I remember one major power outage when I had a few servers with them some years ago. Can't comment on their VPS line though. They are at least one of the bigger providers in Germany.

• dedipromodedipromo Member
    edited December 2018

Normalprice:
    €4.99 monthly

Price with coupon:
    €3.99 monthly

Savings:
    €1.00 (20%)

So is that really €1/month or just a €1saving per month?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

dedipromo said: So is that really €1/month or just a €1saving per month?

It is really just 1 EUR discount. The OP is just a little retarded.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • The original price for the smallest plan is €4.99 after the coupon €3.99 for me. So the saving is 1EUR only. :(

• NirvanaNirvana Member
    edited December 2018

@dedipromo said:

Normalprice:
    €4.99 monthly

Price with coupon:
    €3.99 monthly

Savings:
    €1.00 (20%)

So is that really €1/month or just a €1saving per month?

Hm. I didn't try to order one myself (already have enough small VPS idling around :). On the promotion page (https://www.webtropia.com/en/landingpages/advent-calendar2016/door-3.html) it is clearly stated that the price is 1 EUR / month permanently. So I don't know whether the text is wrong or if this is an error in their order system. Someone might want to drop them a mail about it?

Edit: Okay, I just realized that they probably mean the discount rate. I think the wording is clearly a bit misleading here (the German text is even more ambiguous). "Heute gibt es den vServer S Linux 6.0 als Container-Virtualisierung für 1 Euro im Monat dauerhaft." would normally be understood as referring to the total monthly costs.

• It's only 1€ discount. Webtropia has wasted a lot of my time with false promo advertisement.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @rm_ said:

dedipromo said: So is that really €1/month or just a €1saving per month?

It is really just 1 EUR discount. The OP is just a little retarded.

Sorry for the confusion. I just happened to find the offer on their promo page and thought it might be interesting for some people.

Really didn't expect them to use such shady business practices...

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

Just wondering how their Advent Calendar even works.

• it's 1€ monthly (recurring) just like it says on the calendar.

4€ discount on the regular price.

• Be very careful with webtropia. They are like Netcup with their bierocracy regarding cancellations and near non-existing support. Think twice if you really need VPS with them.

Thanked by 1bdwebservices
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2018

@LTniger said:
    Be very careful with webtropia. They are like Netcup with their bierocracy regarding cancellations and near non-existing support. Think twice if you really need VPS with them.

yes. they are a german company, so you need to understand how things, esp. contracts and their cancellations are usually expected to be handled here.

btw: container = OVZ or LXC

Falzo said: 4€ discount on the regular price.

Gee, thanks for sorting it out for us!

• They raised their prices before Christmas offers. #nodeals.

• @Falzo said:
    it's 1€ monthly (recurring) just like it says on the calendar.

Looks like they changed it. Don't know if it was just a coupon error or someone from Webwide stumbled upon this thread :)

Anyway, changed the topic back to the offer.

• There still 1 EUR discount only for container, for VM no discount can be used

Nirvana said: Anyway, changed the topic back to the offer.

Why not just load the site and check it yourself? You didn't do it the first time, and didn't even do now. Stop wasting people's time...

• HukinHukin Member
    edited December 2018

Falzo said: Falzo

Just wondering how you to get 1 EUR per month, when I get with 1 EUR discount only with same deal and same code :smiley:

• @LTniger said:
    Be very careful with webtropia. They are like Netcup with their bierocracy regarding cancellations and near non-existing support. Think twice if you really need VPS with them.

This is true for most German providers. Some can get quite bitchy if they feel you haven't cancelled according to their terms.

The worst experience I made was after cancelling my reseller account with another registrar and they charged me several thousand Euros for domain renewals because in their opinion I also had to send them a "Kündigungsschreiben" for each domain individually (I had all domains transferred out before any domain got renewed by them).

• Just be careful, not to provide real data, ID to German providers, they may send your data to collectors agency even for 1-2 EUR. That normal practice for them

• NirvanaNirvana Member
    edited December 2018

@rm_ said:

Why not just load the site and check it yourself? You didn't do it the first time, and didn't even do now. Stop wasting people's time...

It's 1 EUR/month recurring now with the coupon code. Just checked it myself. Stop fucking around (and clear your cart).

• Nirvana said: It's 1 EUR/month recurring now

You' re in laws probably.. :blush: Now link to Advent Calendar changed to order link?

• Adventskalender is here: https://www.webtropia.com/en/advent-calendar2016.html

But don't know if they have something better in stock.

edited December 2018

Nirvana said: Stop fucking around (and clear your cart).

I posted you the screenshot of what I currently get at this very moment. And don't assume other people are idiots (about clearing the cart - tried multiple times). Seems like finally now it is working. But since it's container only, useless anyway.

• @rm_: It's the vServer S 6.0 (it shows 4,99 EUR on the product page here as well). Maybe try to clear your cookies, too.

• Only wondering how to fill up these fields, all combination of data not accepted, digits, words, etc.

• Should be DD MM YYYY (German date format, NOT Month/Day/Year)

Thanked by 1eol