Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STAY AWAY from AlphaRacks.com - Big Scam - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

STAY AWAY from AlphaRacks.com - Big Scam

Comments

• colocrossing reseller is bad.

• thechan said: colocrossing reseller is bad.

They arent a CC reseller, but ok.

• same thing happening to me

• @xade said:
    same thing happening to me

Next please.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Well, It’s starting early!

• It reminds me GreenValueHost, with the difference that it became quite popular and reached a large audience by overwhelming the servers.

It was such a funny period.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I love blackfriday deals.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Did LEB seriously run a BF deal for AlphaRacks? If so LEB should be listed as a malvertisement site, that pretty fucking awful they would let that host run any special given their past.

That said, you'll should have known better. It has been talked about in spade here on LET, just search on Google a bit...

Cheers!

Thanked by 2bap MrH
  • Basically, You took Master Reseller. Don't expect the quality :(
    sorry to hear your bad experience man

• Woothosting was acquired by Alpharaks. The support of Alpharaks is very bad.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Woothosting was acquired by Alpharaks. The support of Alpharaks is very bad.

I was with WootHosting and have an "Asian optimized IP". A week after acquisition, the server IPv4 stopped working. I could get into the server over IPv6 but it doesn't have any IPv4 reachability.
    I opened ticket, and they duplicated my server to another machine with a new IPv4 and no IPv6. It's unclear whether the new IPv4 is "Asian optimized" or not.
    As a result, my website has been offline on IPv4 for two days, and visitors from IPv6 is accessing an entirely different machine.

My plan ends next month and I'm definitely not renewing.

• remailednetremailednet Member
    edited April 2019

I was with WootHosting as well. I just received an email from AlpahRacks where they opened a ticket for me. They changed my IP, on a Friday, at 6:55 pm, with no prior warning. WTF!

The same email touts "you will notice an increase in performance"... Nope, the server isn't responding at the new or old IP and is now absent in Solus. Sigh... I guess you get what you pay for.

So much for "Defining Superior Service"...

• imokimok Member
    edited April 2019

That shit alpharacks changed IPs without notice, in a weekend.

It looks like they are completely useless now even as a secondary DNS server.

EDIT: Oh I see... they want us to leave because our servers were so cheap at w00t45t1n9

• zedzed Member

enjoying my vpn's new turkish ip. i guess.

• @yoursunny said:

Woothosting was acquired by Alpharaks. The support of Alpharaks is very bad.

I was with WootHosting and have an "Asian optimized IP". A week after acquisition, the server IPv4 stopped working. I could get into the server over IPv6 but it doesn't have any IPv4 reachability.
    I opened ticket, and they duplicated my server to another machine with a new IPv4 and no IPv6. It's unclear whether the new IPv4 is "Asian optimized" or not.
    As a result, my website has been offline on IPv4 for two days, and visitors from IPv6 is accessing an entirely different machine.

My plan ends next month and I'm definitely not renewing.

I have the same problem since 14 days. No answer from ticket support.

• @imok said:
    That shit alpharacks changed IPs without notice, in a weekend.

It looks like they are completely useless now even as a secondary DNS server.

EDIT: Oh I see... they want us to leave because our servers were so cheap at w00t45t1n9

Good point. They want us to leave.

• @zed said:
    enjoying my vpn's new turkish ip. i guess.

Wait for trouble soon!

• Wait what, it's 2019 and people are still talking about Alpharacks? Must be some kind of joke. People who still buy from them must have a really small brain

• donlidonli Member

@goodwin said:
    Wait what, it's 2019 and people are still talking about Alpharacks? Must be some kind of joke. People who still buy from them must have a really small brain

s/small/low end/

• roastroast Member
    edited April 2019

All I know is alphasucks is spamming my email with shittyass promotions almost every second or third day. I'm sick of this and there seems no way to unfuckingsubscribe.

• imokimok Member

@goodwin said:
    Wait what, it's 2019 and people are still talking about Alpharacks? Must be some kind of joke. People who still buy from them must have a really small brain

I didn't have any problem as a w00t customer, until they were acquired by shittyracks. Or maybe they were the same since the beginning.

• Same here, they acquired my near 100% woot server. Now it's dead and they want me to plain text a bunch of password possibilities. What a clown show...

• Hello, I was using woothosting since 2017, it was running smoothly until these people acquired them, now I cannot even login on the server, I am also seeing server status as suspended. :(

• @Hostlovin said:
    Server Uptime Guarantee

AlphaRacks guarantees 99.9% service uptime on all hosting plans. Should we fail to deliver this for any given calendar month, your account will be refunded a pro-rated amount for the duration of excessive downtime.

So they charge you $35/yr for a 60 % functional site, if you wish to demand a refund, they count how many hours they are down ( probably with their own uptime monitor, that pings the server ), so u might get back ~$3 back for 10% downtime, or ~$6 back. So they make a profit of $30. If 100 clients sign up for this, they get $3000, which is probably makes their server profitable over the course of the year.

But how do they get so many clients if there are so many bad reviews ?

Simple, there are too many holidays in a year.

Have you seen their spam mail

CHRISTMAS
    HALLOWEEN
    BLACK FRIDAY
    CYBER MONDAY
    INDEPENDENCE DAY
    MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU

days. If 100 people sign up on every holiday in a calender year, that is a lotta cash.

Oh boy, Some mad research here hahaha.

• Don't forget the new and hip thing: spring black friday.

LEB has two offers posted titled "spring black friday". Both were posted on a saturday.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • Can you guess what's wrong in this picture?

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 30G 2.8G 0 100% /
    devtmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 512M 53M 460M 11% /run
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    none 512M 0 512M 0% /run/shm

Thanked by 1uptime
  • /dev/simfs 30G 2.8G 0 100% /

derp

• @uptime said:

/dev/simfs 30G 2.8G 0 100% /

derp

Classic tech support response: take care of it yourself Mr Customer -- LOL. The support is abysmal, it really is comedically sad.

Hello,

This is to inform you that, In this host node /VZ was reached 100 %. That's why you are facing this issue.

So, We suggest you to move your servers into another host node from your end.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ZurgZurg Member

LOL, They surely do take the cake on being half-ass clowns.
    Last week my VPSs were 4 hours behind... took multiple tickets for them to even comprehend what I was talking about. So fast forward 2 days.... now all my VPS show 16:42pm EDT..., well,, it's 14:43pm EDT now.... ugh...

• hkmixhkmix Member

+1 for AlphaRacks.com , i have email couple of email to them 2 weeks ago, no one reply me