Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STAY AWAY from AlphaRacks.com - Big Scam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

STAY AWAY from AlphaRacks.com - Big Scam

I have purchased a master reseller from** AlphaRacks.com** 1 week ago, but as I used for 1 week, it seems very unreliable hosting service. My websites were unable to access from various country. I/O was 1 MB per account and it was always full when certainly there is no visitor at all. Also, sometimes site open, sometimes not from my end as well.

Support often takes more than 24 hours to reply and also don't read it carefully.

So, I decided to move on and asked for the refund, but from that day, no response at all.
So I had to forcefully bring the matter here since I purchased after seeing the offer here.
https://prnt.sc/lop8qo**

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, it was only a matter of time.

I will just say this: If you did your due diligence, you wouldn't have picked that host.

• You were taking too much time. Next please.

Thanked by 2eol coreflux
  • We all know that alpharacks sucks, but the issue can be that a website got hacked and is sending spam or bruteforcing another website.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • AnthonySmith said:

Hi @raindog308

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Alpha Master Gita Ultra Gamma Beta Reseller / what were you expecting ?

Thanked by 2Neil-SF inklight
  • I already said that in their post, but you seem ignorant to read post comments..

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • Didn't most comments on their posts say avoid?

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @deank said:
    Well, it was only a matter of time.

I will just say this: If you did your due diligence, you wouldn't have picked that host.

These kinds of posts are useless and about as welcome as a stick in the eye.

This guy is performing the future warning to others. He doesn't need an "it's your fault" post. That just makes you an asshole.

Thanked by 2tapasfun mrTom
    edited November 2018

The sole purpose of mine here is to be an asshole. To smack people. To put some common sense into them.

• Alpharacks = w**t hosting
    as everyone knows.

Their vps, shared, dedis, reseller - nothing works as per 75%+ of negative reviews of AlphaRacks on whole internet!

@tapasfun you should have at least read those reviews before paying them! I too was lured with their offers posted on LET but didn't purchased anything when I read all those negative reviews. and Any positive review if you see might be a paid review!

Invest some $$ in reputed LET providers here. There are handful of them and reputed for top-notch service and support.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2018

@Sofia_K said:
    Alpharacks = w**t hosting
    as everyone knows.

Is that true? Who is the real person? Is it Jason or Julian? It looks like w..th.sting might have been acquired.. different PayPal email now and the prices have hiked. Look into that and report back?

Edit: I've had shit and good experience with racks and woot before.. usually the shit is frustrating ticket handling or downtime. Positive things include the cheap price and the fact that it even works at all. I've had some even worse experience with other providers who have a better reputation so it's really hard to say in my opinion.

Thanked by 1tapasfun
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

I hate to say this but it's true.

My w00t vps has actually been pretty solid for the past 7+months. When I first bought the yearly plan there was downtime sporadically for the first couple months. It made me rage hard. Then I realized I need to shut my mouth because I paid several dollars for it. But I have to give credit where credit is due, it's been rock solid ever since lol.

• You should do your research before hand. It's not really a scam as they provisioned a server.

• Not sure what your account is provisioned on.

But the newly provisioned master reseller account i have is pretty fast as nuts and is on litespeed.

• Well, Guys, when I purchased there were mix reviews and it was my first time in LET, I thought the Admins, verifies the provider.

Some members said earlier their service was bad but now they improved and got new server etc.

And I thought to give it a try and move on if not work. I think not only just me there are many other LET members, who have purchased their service. So, I think LET should BAN **ALPHARACK **and all members should create PayPal dispute, so their account gets frozen.

Thanked by 2Sofia_K DXD
  • @tapasfun said:
    Well, Guys, when I purchased there were mix reviews and it was my first time in LET, I thought the Admins, verifies the provider.

Some members said earlier their service was bad but now they improved and got new server etc.

And I thought to give it a try and move on if not work. I think not only just me there are many other LET members, who have purchased their service. So, I think LET should BAN **ALPHARACK **and all members should create PayPal dispute, so their account gets frozen.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

@JohnMiller92 said:

My w00t vps has actually been pretty solid for the past 7+months. When I first bought the yearly plan there was downtime sporadically for the first couple months. It made me rage hard. Then I realized I need to shut my mouth because I paid several dollars for it. But I have to give credit where credit is due, it's been rock solid ever since lol.

W00t is apparently owned by someplace called "Real Deal Equity" now.

W00t's shared hosting (server80) is still a bit overloaded:
    Server Load 17.15 (8 cpus)

• @tapasfun said:
    And I thought to give it a try and move on if not work.

and you failed to move on

• They are not scammers. You buy trash and get trash. What else do you expect?

• @Kiwi83 said:
    They are not scammers. You buy trash and get trash. What else do you expect?

Trash.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Server Uptime Guarantee

AlphaRacks guarantees 99.9% service uptime on all hosting plans. Should we fail to deliver this for any given calendar month, your account will be refunded a pro-rated amount for the duration of excessive downtime.

So they charge you $35/yr for a 60 % functional site, if you wish to demand a refund, they count how many hours they are down ( probably with their own uptime monitor, that pings the server ), so u might get back ~$3 back for 10% downtime, or ~$6 back. So they make a profit of $30. If 100 clients sign up for this, they get $3000, which is probably makes their server profitable over the course of the year.

But how do they get so many clients if there are so many bad reviews ?

Simple, there are too many holidays in a year.

Have you seen their spam mail

CHRISTMAS
    HALLOWEEN
    BLACK FRIDAY
    CYBER MONDAY
    INDEPENDENCE DAY
    MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU

days. If 100 people sign up on every holiday in a calender year, that is a lotta cash.

Thanked by 1ZotiMediaGroup
  • Drama level 2.

Thanked by 1eol
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2018

Support: Thank you for contacting technical support — how may I help you, sir?

Customer: My Alpharacks service(s) are slow!!

Support: How much are you paying?

Customer: Not much?

Support: Exactly.

TL;DR Find a better host who doesn’t charge (literally) rock bottom prices.

Thanked by 3ariq01 coreflux malek
  • Alpharacks has a lot of activities, and I haven't really encountered too many problems. I had a line problem the day before yesterday. I submitted a TK and solved it in 20 minutes.

The bad thing about Alpharacks is that Solus VM often has problems.

But it does not affect the operation of VPS.

• @JohnMiller92 said:

I had a VPS from them (the last black friday special from 2017) and I had a similar experience.

A bumpy ride for the first month, then rock solid till I canceled it.

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • On a charitable reading, AlphaRacks are simply overwhelmed at this time, having sold thousands of services over this past week. Things should (will? won't?) get better with time. :grey_question:

Thanked by 1SunshineHost

Who cares. I just want more drama. When AlphaRacks posted BF offer, I knew this was going to happen.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @deank said:
    Who cares. I just want more drama. When AlphaRacks posted BF offer, I knew this was going to happen.

Just that shared hosting plan for 50 cents a year -- I wonder how many of those they stuff put on a server.

Realistically, thousands. But! That itself is fine if you put only dormant customers.

BF customers though want the best experience for the least cents they pay.