Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 99
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2018

Thank you very much @Daevien!

Does the same applies on KVM boxes and OpenVZ ones? If so their AUP makes it hard to use such a machine for production use:

High CPU: Customer’s Service cannot burst to 95-100% usage for more than five (5) minutes and cannot average higher than 50% usage within any two (2) hour period. Packages advertised to include dedicated CPU, Services with the high CPU option, and any customized Service plans that include high CPU option may burst to 100% at all times.
    High Load: Customer’s Service cannot have a 15-minute load average higher than the number of full logical cores assigned and cannot have a 1-day load average higher than 70% of the number of full logical cores assigned.
    High Mail Volume: VirMach reserves the right to block port 25 on Customer’s Service. Customer cannot send more than 100 maximum e-mails per hour, and must maintain a similar average volume of mail on a week-to-week basis—no bursting permitted. VirMach reserves the right to waive this requirement for the purpose of a customized Service plan.
    High I/O: Customer’s Service cannot average more than 80 IOPS within any two (2) hour period, cannot burst above 300MB/s disk write average for more than ten (10) minutes, cannot average more than 300 write operations per second for more than 1 hour, and cannot be above 20% average utilization within any six (6) hour period.

• $14.35 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 3840MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 750GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @datanoise I'm not really sure on the specifics on cpu usage since my oldest KVM has 4 cores and generally not super cpu heavy, haven't had any warnings or issues with that so far in just over a year.

I did trigger the high i/o warnings a few times when I was running 4 backups to other systems back to back with duplicity and approx 50gb of data on drive. I staggered the backups a little and it was fine. I'm using restic now and haven't had an issue since, even if I run them back to back.

I don't send out mail from the servers except for notifications to just me on critical things and even then use mxroute or gmail for that, so no idea on the mail stuff.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @datanoise https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11005020 the 4 core buffalo one after kernel upgrade & reboot

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • $32.05 /yr
    WINDOWS WINDOWS 2008 AVAILABLE
    RAM 4224MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 2x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 45GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• Thanks. I wouldn't use email neither, but I'm afraid to use too much CPU or IO from time to time when updating a large amount of rows on a database for example...

Well, I guess workarounds are possible if needed, like you did with your backups...

• badhon_rajbadhon_raj Member
    edited November 2018

@Daevien said:
    @badhon_raj I believe there were some offers that came up at the wrong cpu values, I'd put in a ticket and show them, I'm guessing you got one of them

Does this look ok?
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/10990007
    I have 8 CPU vCORE openvz

• edited November 2018

@badhon_raj said:

@Daevien said:
    @badhon_raj I believe there were some offers that came up at the wrong cpu values, I'd put in a ticket and show them, I'm guessing you got one of them

Does this look ok?

Is that 8 core? If yes then it have bad performance..

• $18.00 /yr
    RAM 5376MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• I have purchased this,

$31.47 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS 2008 AVAILABLE
    10496MB DEDICATED RAM
    2x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1500GB BANDWIDTH
    PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

but the disk inside the windows is being shown only 11.6gb that is nearly full. Is this a error or how its meant to be? if not, any advise to gain the full space.

• @badhon_raj as stated above, some packages had incorrect cpu added i believe. please make a ticket and they shodul sort it out

Thanked by 1badhon_raj
  • 10gbit buffalo pls @VirMach

• @badhon_raj said:

@Daevien said:

Does this look ok?

Definitely not good. But I think @VirMach has already addressed this in an earlier post and they'll definitely look into it (apparently it's not an isolated case) after the BF/CM dust settles.

Thanked by 1badhon_raj
  • $24.99 /yr
    RAM 6656MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @contactwajeeh ensure it shows you the proper specs in the control panel and that you didn't have an old offer in your browser that you added? Otherwise, a ticket i guess

• @Daevien said:
    @contactwajeeh ensure it shows you the proper specs in the control panel and that you didn't have an old offer in your browser that you added? Otherwise, a ticket i guess

it control panel it shows everything correctly, its just in the vm that disk size (11.6gb has to be 25gb) is not showing correctly I am left with just few mb's. Opened a ticket just now, will wait until I hear back.

• $16.33 /yr
    RAM 2176MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    LOCATION SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @contactwajeeh You could try a reinstall if it looks good in control panel I suppose, see if it was just building the initial disk that is incorrect

• badhon_rajbadhon_raj Member
    edited November 2018

@chocolateshirt said:

@badhon_raj said:

@Daevien said:

Does this look ok?

Is that 8 core? If yes then it have bad performance..

yes, I've opened a support ticket.

• @Daevien said:
    @contactwajeeh You could try a reinstall if it looks good in control panel I suppose, see if it was just building the initial disk that is incorrect

Will try this in a while.

• $25.27 /yr
    RAM 6272MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    LOCATION DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• $22.81 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION OpenVZ – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 2816MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 7x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 125GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2625GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION FRANKFURT, DE LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• I started to lose interest. I just saw Frankfurt and for a second I thought, that's it, after all this pain in front of a monitor, gonna get a VPS finally. And "OVZ" hit me right back to reality.

Thanked by 2datanoise southy
  • @VirMach Not again. Why do all of your nice deals disappear right out of my checkout page.

• $13.23 /yr
    RAM 2688MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @oriend there was this a few pages ago, so might have missed what you wanted?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2906717/#Comment_2906717

• @Daevien I didn't miss it, I was there when the deal was live, but it was just an overkill for me. I just look for something around $10 (or sub $20) KVM and to be in EU.

• $32.17 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION OpenVZ – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 9216MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 8x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 110GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 3000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @vimslim said:

@yokowasis said:
    Got this one. Good luck with the rest of the deal

but the "KVM SPECIAL 4" in special offers is better and cheaper....

Better and cheaper equal to harder to get. 1 bird in the hand, is better than 2 birds in the air. Just saying. Also, If i can get it, I can always sell my current one.

• Ah ok. There have been some offers in EU but most of their capacity is filled right now last I knew so it doesn't come up a lot