Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 479
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2021

• Paradox0sParadox0s Member
    edited October 2021

How about San Jose migrate plan? And will it go to Psychz ?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Remon said:
    How about San Jose migrate plan? And will it go to Psychz ?

Inap, still trying to ship this week.

• Is migration to home available?

• @imok said:
    Is migration to home available?

Perhaps you can rent an empty rack or closet in Buffalo and move in. Can you sleep standing up?

• I can't even sleep lying down

• @imok said:
    I can't even sleep lying down

Good, you'll have 24/7 uptime then.

• @imok said:
    I can't even sleep lying down

I feel that...

• When will the new TOS for AMD be out?

• Soon.

• ripeappleripeapple Member
    edited October 2021

@VirMach Hi, how is the Phoenix migration going on? It shows that my server is 'active' status other than 'locked' as the ticket alert describes, does it mean my server migration is complete? currently it's offline and can't be booted. Both old and new IPs are not active.

I know you have loads of tickets so I think it's better to ask you here rather than to open a new ticket

@ripeapple said:
    @VirMach Hi, how is the Phoenix migration going on? It shows that my server is 'active' status other than 'locked' as the ticket alert describes, does it mean my server migration is complete? currently it's offline and can't be booted. Both old and new IPs are not active.

I know you have loads of tickets so I think it's better to ask you here rather than to open a new ticket

These should complete by about 5AM.

Thanked by 1ripeapple
  • @VirMach said:

@ripeapple said:

These should complete by about 5AM.

Sir, thank you for the reply.
    It seems the migration process is complete as the service is 'online' in the server details page. But I still cannot ping the new and old IPs.
    reconfiguration newwork button is clicked and its shows success, but the problem remains.
    I reinstall the system twice and It doesn't work.
    I don't know what to do so I started a ticket with screenshots of my actions.
    If you are not busy, please look into Ticket #652208.

Best Regards

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ripeapple said: It seems the migration process is complete as the service is 'online' in the server details page. But I still cannot ping the new and old IPs.

The new gateway IP is unreachable from my VPS. I've connected via VNC and configured the old gateway (starting with 23.x.x.x in my case) manually which restored connectivity for now. You can get both gateway IPs from SolusVM by clicking on the respective IPs in the network tab.

Thanked by 1ripeapple
  • @brueggus said:

@ripeapple said: It seems the migration process is complete as the service is 'online' in the server details page. But I still cannot ping the new and old IPs.

The new gateway IP is unreachable from my VPS. I've connected via VNC and configured the old gateway (starting with 23.x.x.x in my case) manually which restored connectivity for now. You can get both gateway IPs from SolusVM by clicking on the respective IPs in the network tab.

Thank you sir for the advice. But I'm a noob with very little knowledge about how to manually restore connectivity via VNC, even with your detailed instructions.
    Best Regards

@ripeapple said:

@brueggus said:

Thank you sir for the advice. But I'm a noob with very little knowledge about how to manually restore connectivity via VNC, even with your detailed instructions.
    Best Regards

I do apologize for this migration in general. We keep running into weird issues that we haven't seen carry out the way they do with this one. Right now I'm trying to bring these last few up that ran into problems and the node is starting to go into a strange overload even though everything looks fine.

If it doesn't calm down we may have to perform maintenance. I'm having someone else go through the tickets as well to see if we can collect more information and answer concerns, I know that's overdue.

Thanked by 2ripeapple Franzkafka
  • Overduing

Fixed one of the issue finally. Something weird going on with SolusVM, at some stage of the migration and it was acting up and causing skyrocket in interrupts, related to ebtables and bandwidth limits. 60 load --> less than 6 load.

Still some other issue related to interrupts I'm looking into now as well (well a lot of them in general but most are isolated other than this last one.)

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said: I do apologize for this migration in general.

I mean... it was made pretty clear that Phoenix would be the first batch and issues may happen and you've even offered migrating to other more "stable" locations. I don't see much room for improvement here.

Unforeseen difficulties can and will always happen. 🤷

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited October 2021

@FrankZ said: Bumping up my CPU usage to 100% in 3,2,1 ....

CPU use reduced to 0%

• @VirMach said:

@ripeapple said:

@brueggus said:

Best Regards

I do apologize for this migration in general. We keep running into weird issues that we haven't seen carry out the way they do with this one. Right now I'm trying to bring these last few up that ran into problems and the node is starting to go into a strange overload even though everything looks fine.

If it doesn't calm down we may have to perform maintenance. I'm having someone else go through the tickets as well to see if we can collect more information and answer concerns, I know that's overdue.

Thank you for the update. You should take sleep at midnight and do these stuff next day.

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2021

@ripeapple said:

Thank you for the update. You should take sleep at midnight and do these stuff next day.

Sleep is for the weak.

• @donli said:

@ripeapple said:

Sleep is for the weak.

haha, how did you spend your last night?

• @ripeapple said:

@donli said:

@ripeapple said:

Sleep is for the weak.

haha, how did you spend your last night?

Awake, surfing the Intertubes.

• Awake, surfing the Intertubes.

intertubes..umm, what kind of tubes?

• @ripeapple said:

Awake, surfing the Intertubes.

intertubes..umm, what kind of tubes?

• @VirMach said:

@ripeapple said:

@brueggus said:

Best Regards

Sir,We all know it is a hard work for you to complete all these migration plans.We all appreciate you guys efforts to provide such good service for us.But It is also important for you to keep a balance between Work and Life.You have good reputation for your service.We all konw it.So we will wait patiently until it finished.Just keep updating status which is enough for us.
    And hello VirMach-GANG !

peace.