Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup BF Deals - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup BF Deals

124»

Comments

• @aj_potc said:

@Elmo said:

• Their invoices do not contain/indicate the customer's VAT ID which is mandatory for EU transactions

I have seen this comment before from clients in various countries, but have never seen any regulation requiring it.

Could you please point me to any EU regulation that requires the client's VAT number to be included on a non-VAT (reverse charge) invoice? It's my opinion that it's the job of the seller to verify the VAT number of the client, but there's no reason to include it on every invoice.

for Germany there is https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ustg_1980/__14a.html
    first paragraph states:

so ist er zur Ausstellung einer Rechnung mit der Angabe „Steuerschuldnerschaft des Leistungsempfängers“ verpflichtet

which essentially means that "reverse charge" has to be mentioned on it (it does not have to be the german version, some translations are accepted too)

and later:

In dieser Rechnung sind die Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer des Unternehmers und die des Leistungsempfängers anzugeben.

which is what you are asking for, the regulation to have both VAT-IDs on it...

I assume that most countries in europe have something similar, as nowadays most of those regulations are based on some EU directives... though I have to admit I did not search if there is any for that specific case.

to have your VAT-ID or the "reverse charge" on invoices as a buyer often is more complicated if you order from companies outside europe. smaller companies usually don't know (or care) the regulations around here. WHMCS did not have any VAT-ID before MOSS came into play and most companies don't offer a comment field where you can put your own info onto their invoice.

I used to put in my VAT ID after my company name exactly for the purpose of having it printed... sometimes it's not so easy to make stubborn tax folks happy.

Thanked by 2mfs Elmo
  • Falzo said: I used to put in my VAT ID after my company name exactly for the purpose of having it printed... sometimes it's not so easy to make stubborn tax folks happy.

Well, this is exactly what I do with providers outside the EU! Because it's only logical that they might not know about such things.
    I just didn't expect that from a provider inside the EU, especially when the VAT ID was validated during signup, as 0% VAT charge.

Thanked by 1Falzo