Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup BF Deals - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup BF Deals

Comments

• @Falzo said:
    interesting though, that they again make the offers available at midnight,,, like last year the stocks on the interesting ones will be gone before the said time is even arrived.

however, finally found the link for the VPS 200 - https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2322

VPS 500 sold out?

• @aka455 said:

@Falzo said:
    interesting though, that they again make the offers available at midnight,,, like last year the stocks on the interesting ones will be gone before the said time is even arrived.

however, finally found the link for the VPS 200 - https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2322

VPS 500 sold out?

I don't think so. VPS 500 should be this one: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2310

at least for now I can still put it in the cart. if things are sold out you normally get that far.

I thought about that one too. as I can deduct VAT with any of them, it would be netcup 2c/4G/40G SSD at ~2.6€ vs ultravps 2c/4G 100G SAS at 2.8 for me... ofc netcup has much more traffic (I don't need) and only 6month ... but I tend to need more space and really like UltraVPS' service ;-)

tough decision. and I didn't even want to make any decision about money for idling VMs at 1 o'clock in the morning

Thanked by 3rsyncs akhfa Ympker
  • I could just order 1x vps200 & 1x vps500.
    I was hoping for better offers, but so far this is the optimal combo: KVM, SSD, location germany and decent price...
    Why am I even awake?

• @southy said:
    I could just order 1x vps200 & 1x vps500.
    I was hoping for better offers, but so far this is the optimal combo: KVM, SSD, location germany and decent price...
    Why am I even awake?

f*ck. I just did the same... why did I even start to look into LET after I came home.

Thanked by 2Frecyboy Ympker
  • Well at least we don't need to worry we might have missed them.

• Just ordered a vps.
    First time customer.
    How long is the verification process?

• none said: How long is the verification process?

depends. probably not happening at night in germany at all.

Thanked by 1none
  • If you're a new customer then they'll reach out to you to verify you.
    Which will not happen until tomorrow (german business hours).
    But it's been quite a while for me, I don't remember details honestly.

Thanked by 1none
  • My first server with them they called me to do verification but it won’t happen until they open for business tomorrow

• nonenone Member
    edited November 2018

@Falzo said:

none said: How long is the verification process?

Quite quirky. They don't offer credit card payment either.

I ordered the vps 200 using your link. If the verification takes that long, will the deal still be there by the time they approved my account?

• is netcup offer recurring?

• @none said:

@Falzo said:

none said: How long is the verification process?

I ordered the vps 200 using your link. If the verification takes that long, will the deal still be there by the time they approved my account?

if you already ordered I think you should be good. their provisioning afaik isn't automatic anyway.

@akhfa said:
    is netcup offer recurring?

really?

btw: everyone who's new to netcup be aware that you have to cancel service pro actively 30 days in advance if you want to get rid of them. (can be done in their control panel)

Thanked by 3none akhfa samm
  • @none said:

You will be asked to pay after verification and after deployment. paypal is possible.

If you already ordered one then you have it secure, irrespective of the verification.

@akhfa said:

Yes.

Thanked by 2none akhfa
  • akhfaakhfa Member
    edited November 2018

@Falzo said:

@akhfa said:

really?

btw: everyone who's new to netcup be aware that you have to cancel service pro actively 30 days in advance if you want to get rid of them. (can be done in their control panel)

Yes I'm new to netcup. Long hetzner customer because of language barrier from netcup. Hahahaha :smiley:

I already aware about netcup cancellation policy. Thanks for the notice :wink:

I miss vps 200 anyway :(

• nonenone Member
    edited November 2018

I'm a bit confused about the cancellation policy. I know that it must be submitted one month in advance but I thought these vps are billed hourly?

So, what if lets say I forgot to cancel, if I destroy the VM, am I still going to be charged?

More importantly, how to do the cancellation early but in such a way that I can still use the vps for a full year?

The vps is just for testing and learning purpose. I'm just afraid that I forgot to cancel it 11 months from now.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Bought the "05:00 Uhr" offer (RS 1000 G8 mit +50% mehr RAM), I needed something like this to replace a couple of minor VPS
    Will post some bench when the black friday frenzy is a little over

• its still available, BF not started yet? or already gone with netcup.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2018

@warrior it's 05:22 in Germany. It started already for sure

P.S. check https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/ for offers listed in OP

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • none said: So, what if lets say I forgot to cancel, if I destroy the VM, am I still going to be charged?

Yes, they will keep sending you invoices unless you follow proper cancellation procedure. A guy posted a thread on LET that he kept getting invoices 3 or 4 months because he didn't cancel services.

Thanked by 1cece
  • Got G8 xRAM. I would like to get another, but a bit afraid it will be allocated on same node... eh.

• I naively thought that the VPS 500 G8 BF would be available strictly starting at 6 am, and I was there and tried multiple times, but in reality, I had no chance ... oh, well.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

@angstrom said:
    I naively thought that the VPS 500 G8 BF would be available strictly starting at 6 am, and I was there and tried multiple times, but in reality, I had no chance ... oh, well.

you could still try to get the VPS 200 G8 at 08:30 but I'd start checking if it's available since 08:00 (...and I'm in for that one as well...)

my RS has been already provisioned, invoices will come later when the frenzy is a little bit over I guess

• @mfs said:

@angstrom said:
    I naively thought that the VPS 500 G8 BF would be available strictly starting at 6 am, and I was there and tried multiple times, but in reality, I had no chance ... oh, well.

you could still try to get the VPS 200 G8 at 08:30 but I'd start checking if it's available since 08:00 (...and I'm in for that one as well...)

my RS has been already provisioned, invoices will come later when the frenzy is a little bit over I guess

I guess that some (many?) people noticed that the offers were technically available before the announced time (but during the night), assuming that one could guess the reference number.

In any case, I had no chance in practice, even if I did start clicking at 06:00 ...

Oh well, not the end of the world. :smile:

• In the past netcup has often replenished stock even if the time slot was already over, so you could check back.

• Strange things... 08:27, VPS 200 G8 appears at https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/ and immediately I try to get it but "The product VPS 200 G8 BF is currently out of stock" >.<

• @angstrom said:

@mfs said:

@angstrom said:

I guess that some (many?) people noticed that the offers were technically available before the announced time (but during the night), assuming that one could guess the reference number.

In any case, I had no chance in practice, even if I did start clicking at 06:00 ...

Aha! That explains a lot! So, the announced time doesn't play any role and every good deal will be out of stock even before being available at https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/

• @Elmo said:

@angstrom said:

@mfs said:

@angstrom said:

Aha! That explains a lot! So, the announced time doesn't play any role and every good deal will be out of stock even before being available at https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/

Yeah, you and I, I'm afraid that we're both innocent in this respect. :smile: It's true that the sale is announced at exactly the planned time at https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/ , but this doesn't mean that the promotion is strictly first available at that time. Na ja, ... :neutral:

• @angstrom said:

@Elmo said:

@angstrom said:

@mfs said:

@angstrom said:

Yeah, you and I, I'm afraid that we're both innocent in this respect. :smile: It's true that the sale is announced at exactly the planned time at https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/ , but this doesn't mean that the promotion is strictly first available at that time. Na ja, ... :neutral:

sorry guys. obviously esp. the VPS 200 / 500 were the deals with best value and therefore gone during. I have just been lucky to check at around midnight, to find them available.

servers got provisioned around 5:50 a.m according to the mails, so obviously that's when someone started to review orders...

will post some benches later this day - but guess there won't be much new to see anyway.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2018

@Falzo said:

@angstrom said:

@Elmo said:

@angstrom said:

@mfs said:

@angstrom said:

sorry guys. obviously esp. the VPS 200 / 500 were the deals with best value and therefore gone during. I have just been lucky to check at around midnight, to find them available.

servers got provisioned around 5:50 a.m according to the mails, so obviously that's when someone started to review orders...

Well, not your fault. :smile: (But netcup should see that there are clever people who out-clever them. :smile: )

The thing is, I went to bed early in order to get up early (happily, I wanted to go to work early today anyway), but in reality, I had no chance at the VPS 500 at 06:00, but I really was there right at the official beginning of the sale.

The end-result is that I'm still looking for a nice KVM, but happily, there are a number of other interesting possibilities right now, and it's a good idea to diversify anyway (not to mention to try to support other providers as well). :smile:

Thanked by 3datanoise Falzo beagle