Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a VPS sponsorship for University Project - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a VPS sponsorship for University Project

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2018

Link back never works. Just so you know. The only thing you are gonna get is more sponsorship requests.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

@deank said:
    Link back never works. Just so you know. The only thing you are gonna get is more sponsorship requests.

I just wanna raise my presence in India a bit, had in mind of starting a small campaign in it aswell.

If the dude says he will get that many students around in the website, it's a win-win from both sides.

Nope, not in my own experience and what I've observed. I've never seen a sponsorship not ending in tears for the host.

• Let me know the ip so i can join the minecraft server and check it out

• Well, you only spend 2 usd for 2 month on aruba 1 usd plan

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Well, you only spend 2 usd for 2 month on aruba 1 usd plan

It was 1€.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@ajayuk I'll sponsor it. Send me a PM with your contact details.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited November 2018

Well, I am in the same boat.

Next year I am going to negotiate a premium .com domain.

I will start the same, "Sirs, I am looking for a domain for my non-profit project for a university diploma....So I have very low budget"

• Non profit University, sounds always like a fishy.. I guess teachers get a some income at least, no one will work for free. Why not just collect some money and buy product?

• @ehab said:
    pm @BharatB he will give best advise for you.

@BharatB doesn't seem to be jumping at the opportunity (unless he's doing so behind the scenes).

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:

@ehab said:
    pm @BharatB he will give best advise for you.

@BharatB doesn't seem to be jumping at the opportunity (unless he's doing so behind the scenes).

Not jumping at the opportunity now.

• creepcreep Member
    edited November 2018

@BlaZe said:
    @ajayuk I'll sponsor it. Send me a PM with your contact details.

let us know if he really do what he said. what kind of university doesnt even have ICT department.

• tl;dr , you want to host free a wordpress site ? I can install a wordpress on my shared hosting and send you the account ? how about that ?

• @armandorg said:

@deank said:
    Farewell, bits of sanity. Personally, I'd stay clear of this one. This one reeks cuz he wants everything and for free.

It's okay, i'm not mother teresa. Nothing comes free in life mate. Unless it's shit. Shit comes for free

how comes shit is free when you need to pay when you want to take a shit.

it's illogical

• yokowasis said: yokowasis

Everyone can sponsor them as private person as to provide own idle VPS for free. Other question if your provider out from business shortly or you just forgot to pay your invoice at the time. But if you have business to sell VPS for money, there no reason provide a freebies to APAC because they are poor. Everything cost money in our World.

• @yokowasis said:
    tl;dr , you want to host free a wordpress site ? I can install a wordpress on my shared hosting and send you the account ? how about that ?

He wants a full VPS.

• @angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:
    tl;dr , you want to host free a wordpress site ? I can install a wordpress on my shared hosting and send you the account ? how about that ?

He wants a full VPS.

Why tough ? Is WordPress can't be installed on shared hosting ?

• @yokowasis said:

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

He wants a full VPS.

Why tough ? Is WordPress can't be installed on shared hosting ?

He wants root access -- full control.

Be prepared for thousands of emails as well.

• A lot of people here find it hard to believe that a university in India not being able to host student sites.

Unfortunately it's a reality in India. A lot of politicians start universities just to get government grants and then pocket majority of the money.

When I started in web design business around 10 years ago I used to design websites for a dozen colleges or so. Their IT departments had no clue about basic things like domain registration and DNS records. Even now very few colleges have capabilities to host datacenters. These things are outsourced to vendors who are willing to give kickbacks to the college management.

Thanked by 2vimalware BlaZe
  • DigitalOcean

• @simpleguy8288 said: A lot of people here find it hard to believe that a university in India not being able to host student sites.

For the record, I find that very believable.

The problem is more that the OP signs up on an internet forum and asks for someone to sponsor a VPS for him.

Thanked by 1Yura

For the record, I find that believable.

The thing is that, when someone asks someone something of value for free of charge, one should be prepared to explain "what you will gain' in return. Doesn't matter whether it's a uni project or not.

Give & take, that's how everything works in life.

Thanked by 1eol
  • HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

simpleguy8288 said: A lot of people here find it hard to believe that a university in India not being able to host student sites. Unfortunately it's a reality in India. A lot of politicians start universities just to get government grants and then pocket majority of the money.

Do you have some eat? Try to collect money from students, if 1000 students provide a $1 each you get $1000 at once and buy everything you want. No need to refer to bad corrupted govs etc.. Only you can make your life better.

Just wondering in India about 45 Mobile providers inside, but still no money.

• zllovesukizllovesuki Member
    edited November 2018

Most (if not all) university (like actual research focus university, not for-profit crap) would have on-premise or AWS/GCE/Azure-based computing resources. They are either provided with a support contract (inter-department sometimes intra-department), or for free (no SLA, no support, etc), or both. Heck, if your project is serious enough, ask around and see if you can get a faculty sponsor (not actually paying for anything, just a liaison) to get your a slice.

I'm not buying this either.

• @simpleguy8288 said:
    A lot of people here find it hard to believe that a university in India not being able to host student sites.

Unfortunately it's a reality in India. A lot of politicians start universities just to get government grants and then pocket majority of the money.

When I started in web design business around 10 years ago I used to design websites for a dozen colleges or so. Their IT departments had no clue about basic things like domain registration and DNS records. Even now very few colleges have capabilities to host datacenters. These things are outsourced to vendors who are willing to give kickbacks to the college management.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Anyway, $5/m on DigitalOcean is not a lot of money to ask for (in OP's use case).

• @zllovesuki said: Anyway, $5/m on DigitalOcean is not a lot of money to ask for (in OP's use case).

And he can go even cheaper than that, for example, BuyVM at $3.50/m or Vultr at $3.50/m.

• But I suspect that the OP is as good as gone now.

• @Hukin said:

simpleguy8288 said: A lot of people here find it hard to believe that a university in India not being able to host student sites. Unfortunately it's a reality in India. A lot of politicians start universities just to get government grants and then pocket majority of the money.

Do you have some eat? Try to collect money from students, if 1000 students provide a $1 each you get $1000 at once and buy everything you want. No need to refer to bad corrupted govs etc.. Only you can make your life better.

Just wondering in India about 45 Mobile providers inside, but still no money.

Dear Hukin

There are so many things in this big world that you just can't understand, like for example there are about 45 mobile providers in India, but young Indian students still have no money. You don't need to feel bad about it.

Here, take my 1$ and move forward.

$1

Wait, I don't think you need my $1.
    As you said ”Only you can make your life better”.

So no $1 for you. Just move forward. ^_<

• Kiwi83 said: Wait, I don't think you need my $1.

Look ..No need to be useless in own World I don't need your money. Ask OP to collect money from all their students and go to the bright future by together.