Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

1161718192022»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Megumiso said:

@angstrom said:

No. If you simply want "to purchase a service transfer" (that is offered by another user), then you don't need to have at least 25 posts

What about if someone wants X GB ram server(and made a thread for it) and I want to offer them my server that it matches their needs?

Key here is that I'm not purchasing. I'm selling but not by making a new thread.

That would be equivalent to offering a service transfer (even if you didn't start a new thread), so yes, in that case, you would need to have been registered for at least 30 days and to have at least 25 non-spammy posts

Thanked by 1Megumiso
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

What's the point of price limits?

Do we pay to have a special "label" and still have to respect price limits?

This would apply to a free or non-profit forum. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Customers pay what they want and can afford, nobody forces them to pay more than 125 euros for a dedicated server, in our opinion this is bad for the community itself.

They're rules, yes, but what's the point, doesn't it make sense to pay to have limits? It doesn't make sense, I'd understand perfectly if it was a free forum or if you had to make a donation to be able to send messages with limits.

But in this case it really doesn't make sense, it limits too much. There could also be errors or mistakes when publishing offers with too many promotions and different prices.

We don't agree, but rules need to be respected. :)
    Alexhost

• matey0matey0 Member

@alexhost said: Do we pay to have a special "label" and still have to respect price limits?

Read the name of this forum, word for word.

• @alexhost said: Do we pay to have a special "label" and still have to respect price limits?

The same with cars and road speed limits. You buy a car that can go more than 70mph but you are still bound to limits in certain areas.

@matey0 said:

@alexhost said: Do we pay to have a special "label" and still have to respect price limits?

Read the name of this forum, word for word.

Yeah :)

We know, but still not making any sense. In this case the Hosting Provider, will need to adapt their own plans for LowEndTalk? When we paid for that?

That doesn't make sense, it forces us to adapt our offers, review all our plans and even lower prices. It's something that doesn't make sense, we pay to have a "unique tag" but there are price limits. I don't understand what the problem is with having more expensive prices.

I understand that the name of the forum may give wings to the imagination, but it is not fair for those who paid to have this kind of limit. In our opinion, it's bad for everyone. There could be other rules to prevent some kind of abuse (I think that's the reason).

However, this is detrimental to those who pay the "tag" and does not improve the offers at all. We are literally forced to lower prices just because. What sense does this make? I understand the name, but that's not why it has to be applied. It's one thing to be free to advertise, these limits may exist as nothing has been paid. Now pay and have this price limit?

• @alexhost said: We know, but still not making any sense. In this case the Hosting Provider, will need to adapt their own plans for LowEndTalk? When we paid for that?

What doesn't make sense is you chose to join a lowend forum, pay for provider tag despite knowing the price range around here and now you are questioning these limits :D

@alexhost said: However, this is detrimental to those who pay the "tag" and does not improve the offers at all. We are literally forced to lower prices just because. What sense does this make? I understand the name, but that's not why it has to be applied. It's one thing to be free to advertise, these limits may exist as nothing has been paid. Now pay and have this price limit?

Nobody is forcing you to lower your prices. Lmao.

• matey0matey0 Member
    edited April 3

@alexhost said: I understand that the name of the forum may give wings to the imagination, but it is not fair for those who paid to have this kind of limit.

The name of this forum literally means that this forum is for low-end hosting solutions. Low-end in terms of pricing. Therefore of course it makes sense to enforce a price limit.
    If anything you could argue that the price limits should be raised, but why do you feel that having paid the provider fee should free you from this limit and be able to put up, for example, 800€/month offers, which definitely isn't low-end?

Remember you are allowed to have higher priced offers on your website, just those that you advertise on this forum should fall within low-end price limits.

• fayaz90fayaz90 Member

@matey0 said:

@alexhost said: I understand that the name of the forum may give wings to the imagination, but it is not fair for those who paid to have this kind of limit.

The name of this forum literally means that this forum is for low-end hosting solutions. Low-end in terms of pricing. Therefore of course it makes sense to enforce a price limit.
    If anything you could argue that the price limits should be raised, but why do you feel that having paid the provider fee should free you from this limit and be able to put up, for example, 800€/month offers, which definitely isn't low-end?

Remember you are allowed to have higher priced offers on your website, just those that you advertise on this forum should fall within low-end price limits.

Well said. No need to bargain lol

@matey0 said: If anything you could argue that the price limits should be raised, but why do you feel that having paid the provider fee should free you from this limit and be able to put up, for example, 800€/month offers, which definitely isn't low-end?

Good point of view.

• But what happens if we have to discontinue a product? Cheap product?
    • What happens if we order SSD/NVMe or HDD that is locally more expensive, but do you need to have constant stock? It's true, we can buy from elsewhere, but that leads to delays than buying locally...

The same argument can be used for low prices:

No one prevents you from having low prices on the website and going shopping. Just as it doesn't stop you from going to buy products at high prices.

However, this rule is limiting. Since if we discontinue a service we would have to have a special service because the rules here ask for it.

If we are forced to have higher prices, but we pay for the "tag", do you think it's fair? If we are required by law due to taxes, we are required to have a plan that is cheap and within limits. These are just examples.

We just disagree (Constructively). Is that it.

• matey0matey0 Member

@alexhost said: Since if we discontinue a service we would have to have a special service because the rules here ask for it.

What do mean by this?

@alexhost said: If we are forced to have higher prices, but we pay for the "tag", do you think it's fair?

If you are unable to offer a certain service within these price limits then just don't advertise it on this forum. Or you can lower your prices by lowering specs, etc.

Again, if you think that the limit for dedicated servers should be $200, for example, that's fine. But I think you will agree that providers advertising $1000/mo enterprise dedicated servers would not be in the spirit of this forum.

• edited April 11

To whom it may concern,

i hereby lodge a formal complaint. There is this weird guy (let's call him @dhmo for now) who's clearly trying to sell a product (receiving of spam at a rate of $100 per message) without having the appropriate provider tag. I not only think that this should be a clear violation of the no-sales-without-provider-tag rule but his service also doesn't provide any kind of business identification making it impossible to take action against the unfair practices employed in running of said business.

I think this kind of behavior is unacceptable and needs to be stopped immediately. If this is actually in line with the rules of this forum i plan to enter this industry myself to harshly undercut his rates and get my own piece of the message-me-for-money pie though.

Until further notice i'll consider this kind of venture legitimate in regards to the forum's rules as the administration's continued patrolling exercised on the profile page in question makes it evident they are fully aware of the business being conducted there and silently condone it.

Best regards,

T. N. Banned

Thanked by 1marcopolio
  • Do I need to be a patron provider to offer free hosting?

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep
    edited April 14

@gwnd1989 said:
    Do I need to be a patron provider to offer free hosting?

I'm not sure, but You can always get the host rep tag.

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@gwnd1989 said:

Please see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-april-2023/p1#giveaways

Free offers (Giveaways) need permission from an Administrator, not just a Moderator. So, best way might be to open a support ticket.

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@BasToTheMax said:

@gwnd1989 said:

I'm not sure, but You can always get the host rep tag.

If I understand right, no tag is needed for Giveaways. Please see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-april-2023/p1#giveaways

@BasToTheMax I keep seeing you around trying to be helpful. It's much appreciated! <3

Thanked by 2gwnd1989 BasToTheMax
  • @Not_Oles said:

@gwnd1989 said:

Please see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules-updated-april-2023/p1#giveaways

Free offers (Giveaways) need permission from an Administrator, not just a Moderator. So, best way might be to open a support ticket.

Thank you Tom

Thanked by 1Not_Oles