Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2023

@Arkas said:

@default said: services

There is a section for services, they are not related to domains.

The word "auction" is right now used only with regards to domains. Maybe the section of domain auctions can be adjusted to include licenses and service transfers through auction.

Here is an idea of how I would see it:

1. Auctions may include: domains, cloud services, licenses.
    2. Posting auctions does not require any special tags.
    3. Maximum starting or reserve price is $7.
    4. Members can only post one (1) auction thread per 10 days.
    5. You need to have been registered for at least 30 days and have at least 25 non-spammy posts to post an auction, or to bid/participate in a auction.
    6. All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old.
    7. All services in the auction must be allowed for transfer by the provider.
    8. All licenses in the auction must be allowed for transfer by the issuer.
    9. All bids must be public and made in the auction thread.
    10. A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the product after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk.
    11. We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between two parties. Participating in auctions is at your own risk.
    12. Seller must specify currency (USD, Euros, North Korean won, etc.) and payment terms (PayPal, crypto, etc.) in the auction post. Which payment form(s) to accept are up to the seller and any buyer agrees to pay in that form (so don't win an auction that requires PayPal and then say you don't use PayPal).
    13. Minimum bid increments must be specified, maximum $2.
    14. An end date/time must be specified, with a timezone.
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited November 2023

Can VDS offers be more than $10/month (the VPS limit)?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Arkas said:

@yoursunny said: Is it permissible to charge a setup fee on VPS?
    If we treat setup fee as a price increase for the first term, is it permissible for the setup fee plus normal price to exceed $10/month limit?

This is new territory. I wouldn't expect a provider to charge a setup fee on LET. But the price rule is in regards to the monthly charge. I can look further into it If you wish.

@Arkas said:

Thanks, on it.

Have you made the decision on VPS setup fees?
    It's happening again.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/190839/hot-hot-72hr-sale-250gb-nvme-storage-amd-vps-4-95-month-stop-using-weak-1gb-plans/p1

My opinion is: VPS setup fee can be allowed only if the sum of setup fee and first billing cycle price doesn't exceed the $10/month limit.
    Effectively, the price of first billing cycle is increased by the setup fee, but the total price shall be within LE limit.
    For example, "$5/month and $5 setup" and "$20/year and $100 setup" are allowed, but "$7/month and $4 setup" and "$120/year and $1 setup" are disallowed.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@yoursunny said: Have you made the decision on VPS setup fees?

Not up to me.

• @MasonR said:

@Aidan said:

MasonR said: Strange. Not sure I get why the bar is set higher for shared hosting providers than vps providers (registered for 6 months vs 30 days).

As shared hosting is a whole lot tougher to get right than selling VPS's.

As demonstrated by the ongoing alphawoot saga. :P

How is shared harder than VPS?

• @c1vhosting said:

Can someone explain in simple terms what the difference between VPS and VDS is?

• XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited December 2023

@josephf said:

@c1vhosting said:

Can someone explain in simple terms what the difference between VPS and VDS is?

Typically a VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server) has dedicated CPU core(s), where a VPS (Virtual Private Server) has shared CPU core(s).

Thanked by 2JosephF BasToTheMax
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Sorry for abusing this thread, but is anyone else having issues where the comment input field is not visible for certain pages?
    Seems to only affect Safari (Version 17.1.2)

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

Are we allowed to post an updated price on a thread we just started a few days ago? Have an updated price on full-rack I'd like mention at the bottom of my recent thread instead of a whole new thread a week from now. Curious if allowed.

• instavpsinstavps Member, Patron Provider

Any plans to adjust max prices for 2024?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jfreak53 said:
    Are we allowed to post an updated price on a thread we just started a few days ago? Have an updated price on full-rack I'd like mention at the bottom of my recent thread instead of a whole new thread a week from now. Curious if allowed.

Should be fine. LET is lenient.

@jfreak53 said:

Higher price: complaints and popcorn.
    Lower price: refund tickets and popcorn.
    Neither is against the rules, but both lead to popcorn.

• @yoursunny said:

@jfreak53 said:

Higher price: complaints and popcorn.
    Lower price: refund tickets and popcorn.
    Neither is against the rules, but both lead to popcorn.

Popcorn 🍿🍿🍿 is good

Thanked by 1host_c
  • Got it.

• What's an appropriate lead time for pre orders for vps? 🤔

Feel a little concerned for offers over 15 days of build/ delivery time.

Should there be some ground rules for offers?

• LeviLevi Member

Why speculation on domains is forbidden?> @plumberg said:

What's an appropriate lead time for pre orders for vps? 🤔

Common sense is the rule #0. 15 days build time is for falcon rocket or double D's for a sweet eighteen, not a server.

Thanked by 1kode9
  • @Levi said:

Common sense is the rule #0. 15 days build time is for falcon rocket or double D's for a sweet eighteen, not a server.

But yet we see offers atleast 1 flourishing with 40 day lead time. Sigh

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @plumberg said:

@Levi said:

If it would be 365 days lead time, it would not surprise me around here. It is clear for quite a while what is endorsed and what are people willing to order.

• @default said:

@plumberg said:

@Levi said:

If it would be 365 days lead time, it would not surprise me around here. It is clear for quite a while what is endorsed and what are people willing to order.

Entitlement

• Hello guys,
    We're a new team and we are a SAAS provider and not a hosting provider. I wanted to know if we can use Lowendtalk platform to advertise for free?

Thanks for the answers

• VoidVoid Member

@caasify said:
    Hello guys,
    We're a new team and we are a SAAS provider and not a hosting provider. I wanted to know if we can use Lowendtalk platform to advertise for free?

Thanks for the answers

Provider tag fee still apply I believe. There are a bunch of SaaS providers as well here.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Hi
    I tried to purchase provider tag, my card got declined ,however stripe charged me 100$ anyway, I opened a ticket but no answer (Ticket ID: JRO-989928 )
    @jbiloh

@Arkas said:

@yoursunny said: Have you made the decision on VPS setup fees?

Not up to me.

Have the admins made the decision on VPS setup fees?
    It's happening again:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/193036/high-250gb-nvme-storage-vps-4gb-mem-2-ryzen-vcores-36-hour-sale

• LeviLevi Member

Reading this topic everyday. Looking for that addition regarding bump spams and bots.

• AmataAmata Member

@Ympker said: So if I do not decide to offer VPS aside from Shared Hosting I will not be able to post offers anymore? Seems like this is it for me. I only offer webhosting/webdesign and occasionally move clients who require it to a vps although I do not sell vps as a standalone product but rather redirect my clients to a fitting vps host and move/manage their website there respectively.

It's trying when hosting companies place restrictions on service offerings, limiting alternatives for businesses like your own. Exploring alternate platforms or negotiating with the provider could help address this issue.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 20

@Amata said:

@Ympker said: So if I do not decide to offer VPS aside from Shared Hosting I will not be able to post offers anymore? Seems like this is it for me. I only offer webhosting/webdesign and occasionally move clients who require it to a vps although I do not sell vps as a standalone product but rather redirect my clients to a fitting vps host and move/manage their website there respectively.

It's trying when hosting companies place restrictions on service offerings, limiting alternatives for businesses like your own. Exploring alternate platforms or negotiating with the provider could help address this issue.

Not only is your comment an AI-like comment, but you reacted to someone's comment from January 2018!

Please don't do this

No congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@angstrom said:

@Amata said:

Not only is your comment an AI-like comment, but you reacted to someone's comment from January 2018!

Please don't do this

No congrats on your first post

Just came here because I was tagged. Didn't expect a necro from 2018 lol

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • If someone ask for service transfers(not I'm creating a thread),
    Do I still have to have at least 25 posts to reply with my offer?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 25

@Megumiso said:
    If someone ask for service transfers(not I'm creating a thread),
    Do I still have to have at least 25 posts to reply with my offer?

No. If you simply want "to purchase a service transfer" (that is offered by another user), then you don't need to have at least 25 posts

• @angstrom said:

No. If you simply want "to purchase a service transfer" (that is offered by another user), then you don't need to have at least 25 posts

What about if someone wants X GB ram server(and made a thread for it) and I want to offer them my server that it matches their needs?

Key here is that I'm not purchasing. I'm selling but not by making a new thread.