Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Mumbly said: I think that he wanted to say "Arkas, to sell a domain..." not that you sold it :)

Ok, you're right, that makes more sense :smiley:

• @Mumbly said:

@Arkas said: I've never sold a domain here, or am I reading it wrong?

I think that he wanted to say "Arkas, to sell a domain..." not that you sold it, but I don't understand the last part of the last sentence too :)

right,
    If someone buys a domain just to sell it here to gain money, it shouldnt be allowed, unless its a 2y+ domain with some holder changes. Be aware, that everyone can buy a cheap domain and dont need to buy it for a higher price, unless someone really needs it.

As 2nd, i think, a domain should at least have a remaining time of 3 months before it expires, to get a frame before renewing.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • dailyak77dailyak77 Member
    edited January 2023

Hey there,

I have tried the following two guides and failed miserably which I will describe in a second as to why:

Tried this one since I heard OpenBSD is good for security, and I was up for the challenge. Looked OK at the first, but damn this post is way too intense near the end, and was so jenky. Plus SMTP isn't described on how to truly configure it. It basically felt like, "Here's me rambling.
    [Spam links]

Mod edit (angstrom): Deleted

• Why we need to have WHOIS public? This is really requirement? Lets say we have a company registered legally why we need public whois if we proof that company is from X or Y website?

• @sandoz said:
    Why we need to have WHOIS public? This is really requirement? Lets say we have a company registered legally why we need public whois if we proof that company is from X or Y website?

If everything is legal, why do you want to hide something?

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • @MrEd said:

@sandoz said:
    Why we need to have WHOIS public? This is really requirement? Lets say we have a company registered legally why we need public whois if we proof that company is from X or Y website?

Everything is legal, if company is registered with the same name, address etc why we need public whois for example?

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@sandoz said:

@MrEd said:

@sandoz said:

Everything is legal, if company is registered with the same name, address etc why we need public whois for example?

Why not?

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • @Arkas If possible, I'd like to request something in the domain selling section of the rules to don't tag users who haven't expressed interest in the domain itself. Not to prohibit people from showing interest to others but I'm finding more messages or notifications with basically "Hey buy this domain from me!" and I'd like something to disincentivize this trend. I don't know where the line should be drawn though and simply take this as a suggestion and workshop it/chat with the team (doesn't have to be implemented).

Just want to get ahead of the game in case this grows into an actual problem.

Thanked by 3Arkas plumberg skorous
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

In requesting Prodiver tag, you ask:

Company Name:
    Public Company Registration:
    Company Registration Number:

I can understand (public) company name and its (public) registration number, but what is Public Company Registration?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@yongsiklee said:

Company Name:

I can understand (public) company name and its (public) registration number, but what is Public Company Registration?

A link like https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14274082

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@skorupion said:

@yongsiklee said:

Company Name:

A link like https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14274082

Thank you

• pacopaco Member

@MrEd said:

@sandoz said:

Just because it's legal doesn't mean you lose the right to conduct your business as you see fit, whether openly and notoriously or low key and surreptitious. Also, legality is both an arbitrary and meaningless line when it comes to stuff like this. If someone knows that you run a crypto exchange at such and such address, someone will feel like it's an invitation to rob the place, and your cold storage means nothing when there's a gun pointed at your head.

Thanked by 1TheGreatOakley
    1. Public whois is stupid, if you already provided company info
    2. Any plans to add option to purchase patron tag and ads with crypto?
  • xbugxxbugx Member

Please Remove this @LittleCreek Company Offer ,
    Here is Reason

1, One man Company
    2. Not 24/7 Support
    3. VPS Down Every Time
    4. Your VPS Down Every day
    5. VPS Network Port is 500MB not 1Gbps

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@xbugx said:
    Please Remove this @LittleCreek Company Offer ,
    Here is Reason

1, One man Company
    2. Not 24/7 Support
    3. VPS Down Every Time
    4. Your VPS Down Every day
    5. VPS Network Port is 500MB not 1Gbps

I don't know why you are trying to damage my reputation.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@LittleCreek said: I don't know why you are trying to damage my reputation.

He has been banned.

• LeviLevi Member

Why speculation on domains is forbidden?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@LTniger said: Why speculation on domains is forbidden?

It's not.

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@JackH said: Host Rep tag holders cannot create threads in the "Offers" category.

Why this guy can post in the offers category with Host Rep tag?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/187457/cheapkvm-net-texas-kvm-vps-as-1-month-1vcore-2gb-10gb-ssd-free-kvm-vps-giveaway

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2023

@xTom said: Why this guy can post in the offers category with Host Rep tag?

EDITED: He had a provider tag when the thread started but no longer does. I am therefore closing the thread.

Thanked by 1xTom
  • jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

Do VDS servers fall into same pricing category as VPS servers in the rules? We're talking true spliced server specs here.

• ChandlerChandler Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@Arkas
    https://services.lowendtalk.com/
    There is a problem with the mail system. Unable to receive any email notification.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

There is a problem with the mail system. Unable to receive any email notification.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll inform the staff.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Chandler said:
    @Arkas

Emails still appear to be working from what I can tell.

I will investigate nonetheless.

If others are seeing the same problem please let me know.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Arkas
    Is it permissible to charge a setup fee on VPS?
    If we treat setup fee as a price increase for the first term, is it permissible for the setup fee plus normal price to exceed $10/month limit?

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited October 2023

@yoursunny said: Is it permissible to charge a setup fee on VPS?
    If we treat setup fee as a price increase for the first term, is it permissible for the setup fee plus normal price to exceed $10/month limit?

This is new territory. I wouldn't expect a provider to charge a setup fee on LET. But the price rule is in regards to the monthly charge. I can look further into it If you wish.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Arkas said:

@yoursunny said: Is it permissible to charge a setup fee on VPS?

This is new territory. I wouldn't expect a provider to charge a setup fee on LET. But the price rule is in regards to the monthly charge. I can look further into it If you wish.

It's happening in this offer:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188962/does-your-vps-plan-lack-horsepower-get-tons-of-cpu-mem-bw-hd-at-let-prices-huge-ds-deals

• @jbiloh @FAT32 @Arkas @Jord @raindog308

Right now auction rules are just for domains. I kindly ask for the auction rules to be changed a bit, so that these may encompass licenses and services too.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@default said: services

There is a section for services, they are not related to domains.