Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup - did not follow cancellation procedure and now keeps on receiving invoices - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup - did not follow cancellation procedure and now keeps on receiving invoices

1235»

Comments

• @Ympker said:
    Is it just me or is it always billing that comes up in threads about problems with netcup?

It's not just you. it isn't just about you. it isn't always about you. It's them.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2018

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:
    Is it just me or is it always billing that comes up in threads about problems with netcup?

It's not just you. it isn't just about you. it isn't always about you. It's them.

Agreed. It's them who do get to decide their ToS and it's them who people choose to do business with. All I'm saying is if people read the reviews about netcup first they'd know what they are getting into. Anyway I can see as to why people are disliking their ToS/policies. Compared to modern day these policies are indeed not the most comfortable ones. Then again noone is forced to do business with them.

• Clouvider said: Depends if that was 15 EUR, given he made them angry in the ticket they might just do it. Besides, the collection cost is on the OP. Netcup won’t pay it, collector will extract it out of the OP, which will increase his or hers debt severely

I don't feel they will do this. You don't want to have a reputation of suing customers.

• they wait for the payment grow up but did not terminate like every major provider in the industry including some german company like hetzner and providerservice.I was wondering why they did not wait for 20 years then they can sue for a really large fee. and why one can order by a few click but with cancellation you should submit handwriting signature.this is a common practise in China on the domain register when the provider want to keep their customer.You can buy any domain easily but when you try to transfer out you need provide a bunch of document.

they surely would sue you and give all your information to debt collector whereever you are.

I have clearly state that I would like to cancel right in the same day I purchase and I point out there is no cancel button for the current period. they send me email with subject "cancellation confirmation". I think everything is ok but after about 3 month they send debt collector to me in China, who clearly know all the personal information I provide to netcup .
    it seems they still keep the same practice.

I would suggest try hetzner and providerservice if you need german server.they offer much more mordern service.

Thanked by 1eramax
  • southysouthy Member
    edited October 2018

Guys, what are you talking about?
    1974? Sending faxes or written paper-mails to cancel a netcup service?
    What's this all about?!?

In netcup's customer portal, how can you NOT see the big, fat, ugly "cancel service" button?
    I mean, it's right there (german version here, I assume this is avalaible translated for you international guys):

Clicking there will bring up a pop-up:
    Here all you need to do is to write "OK" into the confirmation box and click "cancel product".

The only hassle is that it needs to be canceled 30 days prior to renewal of contract.

So, @eramax - what are you talking about here?
    How could this process be any simpler?
    How is this "germany stuck in 1974"?
    What has this to do with sending a fax?
    What are you all talking about here?

Aside from posing screenshots that give away the name of an employee (I believe the guy could sue you for GDPR violation), what's your **** problem?

[EDIT]
    I just see that this has all been already discussed thoroughly (which I was not aware of).
    Obviously I'm a bit late to the game :-)
    So perhaps this should be closed up - we seem to be done here.
    Sorry for pushing it up again, it was on the front page so I didn't notice this is cold coffee.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited October 2018

@southy this has been addressed in several posts and in several threads, in this thread I'd redirect you to this Falzo's post on the first page
    In short, there's a cancellation procedure (sure: it cancels renewals) and the Widerrufsbelehrung. It's an additional guarantee. Note that sending your no-questions-asked refund via e-mail is enough.
    On top of those, there's the additional Zufriedenheitsgarantie in written form

• @southy: All true what you say, but you're late to the party. In addition, what you say has been said many times before.

There are those who understand, and there are those who don't understand. Among those who don't understand are those who don't want to understand and those who aren't (mentally) able to understand. From a distance, it's often hard to tell the difference.

Anyway, after a certain number of attempts of trying to explain things to people, one may decide that it's futile and give up. This is where I am now.

• Gents,
    sorry,
    I already realized I'm late to the party this time :-)
    Sorry for commenting!

Let's close up here :-)

This discussion has been closed.