Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here ordered from HETZNER, got rejected, and suggested to try another company? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here ordered from HETZNER, got rejected, and suggested to try another company?

Comments

• niconico Member
    edited September 2018

You have posted one mail from the provider "After reviewing your updated customer information..." -> means you have need to update, if this mean you have firstly provided some different customer information this will be a red flag on your account.
    Everyone should be aware a company where you can get a powerful Server for around 20 EUR per month, need to take care that most of the customers play fair as the business model can not work with a high number of "problematic" customers.

• The first time I signed up for an account. They said they need a copy of my National ID for verification purpose. After I sent it, they blocked my account.

No reason, no reply. Just send a copy of my ID, and my account has been blocked, even I wasn't order anything.

• @Kiwi83 said:

@asep_dadang said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    Just change to another provider. It doesn't worth the time for the few bucks you save with them. You are nothing but a risk to them if you are from a "high risk" country.

Thanks man

I have the same problem just like you. I uploaded my ID but they said it was not "readable". OK it's my bad. Then I submit a copy of my passport but they said it didn't have my address on it. They asked me to submit an English transcript of my ID, which I happened to have one. I submited the transcript I got from a local law agency when I applied for visa few years ago. They said it did not count since it was not issued by my government.

They don't say no to you. They just forced you to quit by yourself.

let me quote this, so maybe people who wants to go to this provider think again.

• @dfmcvn said:
    The first time I signed up for an account. They said they need a copy of my National ID for verification purpose. After I sent it, they blocked my account.

No reason, no reply. Just send a copy of my ID, and my account has been blocked, even I wasn't order anything.

quoted another rejected without reason

• I'm from Indonesia, and only have government issued id. No passport. Will i accepted? Maybe yes, maybe no. But didn't tried to join hetzner atm.

• I have got both dedicated and cloud with Hetzner, you have no idea what you're missing, it's amazing.

Thanked by 2vimalware iKeyZ
  • @asep_dadang said:

@Kiwi83 said:

@asep_dadang said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    Just change to another provider. It doesn't worth the time for the few bucks you save with them. You are nothing but a risk to them if you are from a "high risk" country.

Thanks man

I have the same problem just like you. I uploaded my ID but they said it was not "readable". OK it's my bad. Then I submit a copy of my passport but they said it didn't have my address on it. They asked me to submit an English transcript of my ID, which I happened to have one. I submited the transcript I got from a local law agency when I applied for visa few years ago. They said it did not count since it was not issued by my government.

let me quote this, so maybe people who wants to go to this provider think again.

My point is to go with another provider if you find Hetzner hard to deal with. Please don't get me wrong. I don't think Hetzner did anything wrong. Their staff was probably following the standard procedures.

I suggest you just find another good provider and forget about this unpleasant experience.

• @Lee said:
    I have got both dedicated and cloud with Hetzner, you have no idea what you're missing, it's amazing.

i cannot believe you are still here, it is amazing that you are still itching to comment. i bet it is just because we are separated far away so you wrote these not exciting comments, if we can talk face to face, it will be good words coming out of you, we'll have a good conversation with coffee or tea.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I'm from Indonesia, and only have government issued id. No passport. Will i accepted? Maybe yes, maybe no. But didn't tried to join hetzner atm.

test lah, masih ada balance pp kan? ntar apdet disini

• @Kiwi83 said:

@asep_dadang said:

@Kiwi83 said:

@asep_dadang said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Thanks man

My point is to go with another provider if you find Hetzner hard to deal with. Please don't get me wrong. I don't think Hetzner did anything wrong. Their staff was probably following the standard procedures.

I suggest you just find another good provider and forget about this unpleasant experience.

yes i already, right after i got rejected *sadsadsad i just want to share my early experience with Hetzner.

• @Lee said:
    I have got both dedicated and cloud with Hetzner, you have no idea what you're missing, it's amazing.

Hahaha I like your sense of humor. 😆

Thanked by 2Lee WebProject
  • You got rejected for reasons and just reading your crying, is amusing.

'Submitted Photo of my ID but it was unreadable' - instead of simply taking a better picture you started to throw stuff at them, which did not contain the required data. Then cry because it is too much work. There are real people handling all you stupid requests and documents, save them some time.

Now starting some shit-topic where you collect random allogations...? Great. Get lost.

• asep_dadangasep_dadang Member
    edited September 2018

@Wolf said:
    You got rejected for reasons and just reading your crying, is amusing.

'Submitted Photo of my ID but it was unreadable' - instead of simply taking a better picture you started to throw stuff at them, which did not contain the required data. Then cry because it is too much work. There are real people handling all you stupid requests and documents, save them some time.

Now starting some shit-topic where you collect random allogations...? Great. Get lost.

who are you talking to btw?

• @asep_dadang said:

@plumberg said:

@asep_dadang said:

@WebProject said:

@Hukin said:
    They simply not care about single client because they a big boss and get huge income every day. Small private companies or sole owners cares about every client.

Not really, if customer is trying to scam. what the point to care such customer? or trying to provide service for free as at the end of day such lovely customer will file a chargeback and cost extra $20 - £25 per transaction!

The thing is, this customer is not trying to scam, how is that? He provided all data and ID requested. The concern here is they do not take a serious care of prospective customer, instead they just push the deactivate button / suggesting to take other company, without sweating more. Or lack of employees maybe.

It's a business decision. Just because you submit your id does not mean all is good. There are lots of fraud alert systems which can flag customers based on the information provided. Better for a company to lose business from one than make all customers suffer if there is potential for abuse.

Sure this builds bad sentiment from customers stand point. But a risk business takes.

Yes of course this is from customer's stand point, because i am a customer. The weird thing is this provider doesn't want to do anything about it, because i've been with another provider who has fraud system, been detected multiple times too, but they care when i asked about it and proved my data and ID is not fake, service and business relationship start and continue.

This provider, don't do that and suggest me to take a look at their competitor, OVH. Really....

Maybe you should move on if some business is ignoring you then.

• @plumberg said:

@asep_dadang said:

@plumberg said:

@asep_dadang said:

@WebProject said:

@Hukin said:
    They simply not care about single client because they a big boss and get huge income every day. Small private companies or sole owners cares about every client.

Not really, if customer is trying to scam. what the point to care such customer? or trying to provide service for free as at the end of day such lovely customer will file a chargeback and cost extra $20 - £25 per transaction!

The thing is, this customer is not trying to scam, how is that? He provided all data and ID requested. The concern here is they do not take a serious care of prospective customer, instead they just push the deactivate button / suggesting to take other company, without sweating more. Or lack of employees maybe.

It's a business decision. Just because you submit your id does not mean all is good. There are lots of fraud alert systems which can flag customers based on the information provided. Better for a company to lose business from one than make all customers suffer if there is potential for abuse.

Sure this builds bad sentiment from customers stand point. But a risk business takes.

Yes of course this is from customer's stand point, because i am a customer. The weird thing is this provider doesn't want to do anything about it, because i've been with another provider who has fraud system, been detected multiple times too, but they care when i asked about it and proved my data and ID is not fake, service and business relationship start and continue.

This provider, don't do that and suggest me to take a look at their competitor, OVH. Really....

Maybe you should move on if some business is ignoring you then.

people... they just reply without reading the whole story (posts) first

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member
    edited September 2018

@Wolf said:
    You got rejected for reasons and just reading your crying, is amusing.

Unreadable here means the ID I submited was not in English or German, it was the very word the Hetzner support staff used to reply my email. I got confused too at first because I uploaded a high res photo of my ID as requested.

You'd better try to understand what we were talking about before "throwing stuff" at us.

Thanked by 1easy
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

@Lee said:

Hetznermazing

Thanked by 2Lee doghouch
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Hukin said:

WebProject said: Need to have experience of fraud screening and some tools will help to check the order.

We have some experience with orders from some high risk countries and never had a chargeback from them within 10 years. Only few from countries such a DE and AU

>

Exactly the same we had issues with AU. The other customers just using fake names and fake details and can’t be bothered to reply to emails or tickets.

@asep_dadang said:

people... they just reply without reading the whole story (posts) first

It’s normal as it’s discussion :smile:

• I am German and have never had to show an ID anywhere except Hetzner. They accepted my heavily censored ID , however, so I was semi cool with it.

By "heavily censored" I mean that I asked them what they need to see in detail and censored literally everything except that. No picture, only the year of birth, no signature, no ID/number, a ton of HETZNER.DE watermarks,..

However, someone else appears to have done the same and was unlucky: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1645233&page=2&p=10016211#post10016211

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    We reject new accounts from Germany and other Western countries every day that look suspicious. We do not reject accounts just based on country. We do not reject accounts to hurt anyone's feelings or to insult people, though we understand that it's doesn't feel good to get rejected.

I am from India and I got my account accepted. I frankly did not know I will be IDed, but thankfully I gave correct information including my address. I usually don't give out all the information since I am a bit concerned about my privacy, becoming part of some permanent data which can be accessed by who knows and being profiled.

However, I received an email asking for ID and I quickly scanned the ID and sent it on its way. Did not touch the scan to preserve the EXIM info.

A day later, my ID was verified and the account was mine to enjoy. I am now shutting down a few servers on DO and Vultr, porting them to Hetzner!

Thanks Hetzner!

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL openos
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2018

Bottom line is that at under 30 EUR for a wide range of pretty powerful servers they are going to get abusive clients coming at them from all over. If they see anything they don't like, reject. Safer for them, not like they are short of clients so they won't go without.

• This is another great thread for hetzner. Customers will have greater confidence in hetzner.

If OP isn't a shill than I'm very disappointed.

Thanked by 2Lee Clouvider
  • @Lee said:
    Bottom line is that at under 30 EUR for a wide range of pretty powerful servers they are going to get abusive clients coming at them from all over. If they see anything they don't like, reject. Safer for them, not like they are short of clients so they won't go without.

Dude, we get it , you have Hetzner servers and think OP has no right to have some, too. No need to tell us 4 times.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2018

torrbox said: Dude, we get it , you have Hetzner servers and think OP has no right to have some, too. No need to tell us 4 times.

You know you have the will power somewhere deep inside you to read and reply only to what interests you? Ignore the rest.

Thanked by 1PrestigeWS
  • How about this, why don't you post all the things here so we can judge. Whether its your fault for lack of try, or hetzner for lack of try.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Laxmin said: becoming part of some permanent data which can be accessed by who knows and being profiled.

Data is discarded is as soon as possible (read: immediately) and the EU is pretty strict on the topic of privacy, but I guess that for someone who isn't an EU citizen it still looks undesirable as much as someone who isn't an US citizen may be uncomfortable if requested to send scanned IDs and whatnot in the US

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • tbh i didnt need to send any ID when i opened my account, nor have i needed to after using cloud for many months, maybe its dedi's that require it to be more strict, or they just for some reason trust me more

I feel like if you have been rejected twice already, its pretty clear they dont want you as a customer, theres just something in the details you provide or something else that marks you as high risk and thats that. it might suck, but im sure they have good reasons, even if you might not see them

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2018

so a provider uses his right to refuse service to whatever potential customer? glad to be a customer of said provider!

and all I hear is...

• @asep_dadang said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    We reject new accounts from Germany and other Western countries every day that look suspicious. We do not reject accounts just based on country. We do not reject accounts to hurt anyone's feelings or to insult people, though we understand that it's doesn't feel good to get rejected.
    Our servers are powerful machines, and although most people them use them for positive things, some people want to abuse our servers. And a server in the wrong hands can cause a lot of damage.
    We as a webhosting company have a responsibility to protect other people on the Internet. We take this responsibility seriously. For us, it is more important to be safe than to make more money by having more customers.

Nice quote there, i'll note it.

But you as a marketing, your job is a marketing, you should do marketing, right? Otherwise why would you be here and promoting the company?

If you said that being rejected doesn't feel good, you already understand that, then why don't you dig deeper about your prospective customer? I'm talking about real customer who already provided real info and uploaded real ID. Instead you do not do your job, and make it easy by suggesting to find another company. What kind of marketing is that?

I'm starting to think they were right in rejecting you.
    Take your "lovely" business somewhere else. Is it that difficult?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Cdoe said:
    No, only the potential high-risk scammers from 3rd world countries are rejected.

I know people from "3rd world countries" that are customers to hetzner and didn't need more verification than sending a picture of their local ID front.

This discussion has been closed.