Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 cores, 8gb ram, 200gb ssd 1gbit port 10TB transfer KVM vps, good price ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8 cores, 8gb ram, 200gb ssd 1gbit port 10TB transfer KVM vps, good price ?

Comments

• @deank said:
    He is not going to pay you back. If he had any intention, he would have, given the fact that it's been months since.

It is time to ban @khazaa before he catches more victims. Scamming money out of disabled people is as low as a person can go.

Agree.. +1.

• I feel bad that you feel this way. I offered him a server, even a better one, for a year now, but he straight declined, even though i have the host ready to go. The offer stands. I will also bump your specs a little more for you.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2018

He wants a refund. He has rejected your offer. You must refund.

And mind you that you sold service while not having a provider tag and scammed. Doh.

• quickquick Member
    edited August 2018

Fuck khazaa. Drop your pp email so we can compensate your lost money @marson and support future sysadmins

Yeah, poo him. Hasn't even begun his hosting biz and already a scammer.

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited August 2018

He seems to have wiped his website clean today (8/31).

Edit: Is this user @marson ?
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2810204#Comment_2810204

Cleansing tracks probably. There could be a chance that there is more than 50 euro at stake here.

• @deank said:
    Cleansing tracks probably. There could be a chance that there is more than 50 euro at stake here.

Probably. He has always claimed this was a hobby though.

edited August 2018

He had always been shady.
    Being adamant that he did not need a provider tag to sell because it was "hobby" spoke volumes of his real intentions.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

khazaa said: I will also bump your specs a little more for you.

lol not sure anyone is going to use your services after this thread

• khazaa said: I feel bad that you feel this way. I offered him a server,

Wait what? I just saw this direction the thread went in. You took the person's money for a server and didn't deliver it for 2 months and now won't give a refund? Sorry but that is bullshit. You have to deliver product in a timely manner. The thing about losing email is suspicious (it would be needed to document a paypal dispute) but if the failure to deliver was at your end, then no you don't get to keep the money until you have a server available. Given the backstory of PM'ing these bogus offers to people and posting shady pseudo-offers on the forum, I'm going to hit the ban button. Sheesh.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited August 2018

guess this thread becomes as funny as the otherone today...

/edit: no more fun because of the ban.

edited August 2018

By banning him, Marson's chance of getting his money back is nil.

But, then, he had months to refund him but hasn't, so I guess the chance was nil to begin with.

What a fucked up jackass (@khazaa) he has been.

• williewillie Member
    edited August 2018

deank said: By banning him, Marson's chance of getting his money back is nil.

Yeah I thought about that but I figured chances were nil anyway, Marson will survive, and I'd want to ban Khazaa even if Marson got a refund. We can't let someone use a situation like this to extort us into not banning them.

If Khazaa refunds Marson and then opens a ban appeal ticket, I'm sure that whoever handles the ticket will take the refund into account.

• I think that @Marson should let the moderators know the real name or email and payment details of this scammer, so, report them to lists like fraudlist and max mind. Just banning him from LET will not stop him on trying to do it with another username in the feature or in another place...

Thanked by 2Janevski yongsiklee
  • jvnadr said: report them to lists like fraudlist and max mind

It would be up to @marson to do that, since LET wasn't involved in the transactions. I felt there was enough crappy on-forum conduct to justify the ban, but we don't have enough documentation to establish with certainty that actual fraud took place. That goes somewhat further than "crappy on-forum conduct".

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • @willie said:

deank said: By banning him, Marson's chance of getting his money back is nil.

Yeah I thought about that but I figured chances were nil anyway, Marson will survive, and I'd want to ban Khazaa even if Marson got a refund. We can't let someone use a situation like this to extort us into not banning them.

If Khazaa refunds Marson and then opens a ban appeal ticket, I'm sure that whoever handles the ticket will take the refund into account.

no worries, he's a moron, he'll be back soon with another account.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • I can help you as much as I can just tell me where I can send those payment details? I can send you an full name, e-mail and screen from PayPal.

• @marson we (LET) can't be the ones who do any such reporting. It's up to you. Others here are more experienced with paypal disputes than me but I'd expect you need good documentation to get anywhere with a claim like that, so if you deleted the emails you're at a disadvantage. The best you can say might be "oh well, someone else will catch up with him sooner or later".

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@marson, what kind of sysadmin work do you do? Maybe you need some work I can throw your way?

• marsonmarson Member
    edited September 2018

I contacted PayPal couple weeks ago and they told me that they can't help because I checked a wrong option during payment - pay to person and not pay for the service or sth. As for the e-mails deleted I know that this looks suspicious however, it happens sometimes ;) when I communicate with him I don't use my everyday e-mail address but other that I have for unknown people, it is hosted on friend's VPS and I accidentally deleted whole mailbox. I do realize that after couple of days. Again I don't use this e-mail daily and although my friend makes backups it was too long to recovery anything.

if for some reasons somebody wants to have proof I can send you an screenshot from PayPal + real e-mail and my paypal e-mail is ******.*** I don't have much experience with PayPal but maybe somebody can check something witch it or do whatever you want.

I am affraid to give his personal details publicly because of privacy protection, GDPR and all that stuff. But if anyone PM me and ask I will be more than happy to help.

[I edited out your paymail email to slow down possible cracking attempts but if someone asks you can PM it to them. I'd be careful if I were you. I don't think LET is likely to pursue this. I'm sorry about the loss but at least it wasn't a larger amount. Chalk it up to experience maybe? --Willie]

• @marson i really feel bad for you but i cant donate to your pp. i hope y ou will get your money back

• randvegeta said: @marson, what kind of sysadmin work do you do? Maybe you need some work I can throw your way?

I helped my friend for about 10 years in hosting, so I have experience in DirectAdmin boxes and little in cpanel and also centos.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@marson, you are in Poland? Warsaw?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@marson - if not a secret, what was the specs of the initial server he offered you?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited September 2018

See https://khazaa.com/ . Not too much there yet except for an email address. The domain was registered on 01 April of this year. Behind Cloudflare.

• edited September 2018

@marson sorry to hear about you, but he scammed as well while this discussion was going on this thread. Roughly Euro50 he took from me as well. I will be able to bear the loss, but it is sad to hear about you really. Can I testify something for you on Paypal?

• @khazaa must be Norwegian. See the second post at https://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?showtopic=1795646 . In his signature there, he invites people to send him a PM if they need a VPS or web hosting.

• Domain registered on 1st April !! -- that's fool's day! Not a surprise he has registered it to fool innocent people around the world.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited September 2018

AlexBarakov said: @marson - if not a secret, what was the specs of the initial server he offered you?

It was 2 cores 4 GB ram and 500 GB HDD KVM based and it was delivered, it was working great etc so that is why I decided to go further with this scammer.

@angstrom said:
    @khazaa must be Norwegian.

Yes, he could be Norvegian, when I got credentials the control panel was in .no domain, if I remember correctly it was http://panel.vpsnode.no/

although he offered me VPS in Germany (hetzner)

This discussion has been closed.