Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 cores, 8gb ram, 200gb ssd 1gbit port 10TB transfer KVM vps, good price ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8 cores, 8gb ram, 200gb ssd 1gbit port 10TB transfer KVM vps, good price ?

khazaakhazaa Member
edited August 2018 in General

Say if i want to sell packages like that. Is 9 euro / month or 100 euro / year a fair price ?

Located in Germany, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• OpenVZ or KVM?

If KVM, You are asking for a dedicated server for the cost of a VPS. You are not being realistic at all. Even if the CPU cores are shared, that is still a stretch for a reliable and sustainable service, you hardly pay for the memory let alone any other resource requested there for 9 Euro. Most VPS products are 1-2shared CPU Cores and maybe 2GB ram max in the price range your looking at.

Now if you are speaking OpenVZ this is still not a sustainable price for that much resource, someone may offer it to you but I would be quite weary.

You should probably at least double your budget for that much ram and CPU.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• That seems insane, yeah a fair price for sure lol. I don't know if it's sustainable as a host though

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2018

Go for it.

Ignore non-believers. They are being just jealous.

Thanked by 3Shazan lazyt dedicados
  • I have alot of free resources, and i want to sell out some vpses from my dedicated boxes. Thats why i am asking. In the low range there is TONS of offers, so i think if i buffed the specs, maybe i will be able to sell a few of those. I can do both KVM and openvz for this price.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2018

khazaa said: I have alot of free resources, and i want to sell out some vpses from my dedicated boxes. Thats why i am asking. In the low range there is TONS of offers, so i think if i buffed the specs, maybe i will be able to sell a few of those. I can do both KVM and openvz for this price.

Yeah, no! Good idea in theory but unless you are planning to register a company and get a provider tag, please don't plan on offering that here. There are so many reasons not to do what you are suggesting, the short list includes:

• Trusting some random person with money who you have no idea if they are gonna be around next month or even tomorrow whom has no registered address or business to hold accountable
    • You randomly get hit by a bus in 2 months and all the sudden are in the hospital and I need my VM reloaded and your panel somehow broke, who is gonna help me?
    • For some reason I decide to be a dick and after using your service for ~100 days I decide I am gonna charge back and get my money back, costing you $20 charge back fee + the original money I sent you
    • All 8-10 people you sell the service to do the same thing and you end up not able to afford next months bill so all the sudden you can't afford to keep my prepaid service running or refund me, so I get screwed
    • Etc.

There are so many reasons why you should only be doing hosting with a real business and not some random guy on the internet with no way to hold them accountable. The above are only but a very few of the good ones.

Instead you should consolidate your servers and downgrade to save money, you will probably put more money in your pocket from that than trying to sell to a few random people on the internet whom you have no idea if they will charge back or not.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1maverickp

Dude, let him do what he wants. He's been trying to set up a summerhost for few months.

• I do have a registered adress and company, but its based in Norway, so its pretty much irrelevant here. But thank you for your warnings anyway. The servers are already making me a stable profit and have done that for the past 2 years steady. This was just for some extras.

• What is the current market price for such as OP's specs? I don't usually see plans with 8 cores and 8GB RAM, so let's say for: 4 cores, 8gb ram, 200gb ssd and KVM?

• @pullangcubo said:
    What is the current market price for such as OP's specs? I don't usually see plans with 8 cores and 8GB RAM, so let's say for: 4 cores, 8gb ram, 200gb ssd and KVM?

Not a provider here, so might get my head smashed in, but i can do 7 Euros month or 70 euros for a year

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

pullangcubo said: current market price

In Germany it should be something between 7,49€ ( 4 vCores, 8GB RAM, 80 GB SSD RAID10, 40 TB transfer)and 14,49€ (8vCores, 16GB RAM, 160 GB SSD RAID10, 40 TB transfer) (emphasis added on differences)

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@khazaa

I think that's a very attractive offer ... -IF- you can show potential customers that you have/are a real company (Norway, Germany, no matter) with some beef on the bones (not a 1 man show, more than 1 or 2 nodes, ...) ... and -IF- you can convince potential customers that "vCore" is something reasonable and not 1/4 of a Hyperthread or such like.

I can offer to benchmark such a KVM for a couple of days and publish the results. That should help with my second point (serious KVM vs. one with ridiculous allocations).

• fortheridefortheride Member
    edited August 2018

nvm

• @khazaa said:
    Say if i want to sell packages like that. Is 9 euro / month or 100 euro / year a fair price ?

This is actually pretty close to SSDNodes pricing. Not sure if any other company is close.
    The package is as below for 10 USD a month. I feel like your offer is pretty close just with a lot of resources rearrange.

24GB RAM

120GB SSD

4 vCPU

12TB transfer

• @snickerpop said:

@khazaa said:

This is actually pretty close to SSDNodes pricing. Not sure if any other company is close.
    The package is as below for 10 USD a month. I feel like your offer is pretty close just with a lot of resources rearrange.

24GB RAM

120GB SSD

4 vCPU

12TB transfer

It's not good.

• williewillie Member
    edited August 2018

khazaa said: Say if i want to sell packages like that. Is 9 euro / month or 100 euro / year a fair price ?

I stay away from offers like that. The price to hardware ratio screams massive overallocation. 2 or 4 (obviously shared) cores, 8gb ram, 100gb ssd is more realistic. I'd still stay away though because of lack of host track record.

• I want to warn you about @khazaa he offered me VPS for 50 eur per year, then it wasn't activated, he promises refund but no way as for now.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

marson said: I want to warn you about @khazaa he offered me VPS for 50 eur per year, then it wasn't activated, he promises refund but no way as for now.

He sent me a PM as well. But I said didn't need and ty for offer.

You really gave him money though? I have a feeling this isn't going to end well :(

• @marson said:
    I want to warn you about @khazaa he offered me VPS for 50 eur per year, then it wasn't activated, he promises refund but no way as for now.

Joined December 2015

smh

edited August 2018

The way he acted gave out pretty warning signs.

If you really did pay him, you reap what you sow.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@marson said:
    I want to warn you about @khazaa he offered me VPS for 50 eur per year, then it wasn't activated, he promises refund but no way as for now.

PM me proof please

• Unfortunately other than proof of payment from PayPal I can't because I accidentally deleted all of my mailbox. I don't want to cry ;) it was my stupidity to make trust some random person from the internet however maybe somebody will think twice after read my warning.

• @marson said:
    Unfortunately other than proof of payment from PayPal I can't because I accidentally deleted all of my mailbox. I don't want to cry ;) it was my stupidity to make trust some random person from the internet however maybe somebody will think twice after read my warning.

as your post on his wall is from July this has happened a while back already?

why did you even pay before you could have an initial look at the VPS, on top paypal via friends, so no dispute/chargeback? wow, that's a hard lesson.

sorry for your loss though.

@khazaa is online every other minute so probably reading here and fully aware of being a fraudulent scammer.

• @marson i just emailed you.

edited August 2018

He sure loves to do things in shadows.

He is not denying it though, so I assume he did take 50 eur.

• YuraYura Member

Finally a thread with some potential. It's been awhile.

• @khazaa said:
    @marson i just emailed you.

LowEndSupportDesk works.

• Here is their e-mail:

So, this wasnt going as any of us wanted.

2 vcores, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd. KVM vps. I can set that up for you now, for a year. Then you have the server i promised you. What os do you want?

and my reply:

I am not an interested on your offer as of now. I have other offer as of now. Please give me a refund.

and him:

You do realize that there is nothing you can do, right ? I am trying to offer you what you > paid for. If you dont take it, that is not my fault.

and me again:

Are you kidding me? It was couple months ago, I didn't want to wait for months for the > service, I don't need it as of now. I bought service from other provider and I don't need > more servers so it is totally your fault. If you would activate the service as soon as I paid > no problem. I will not ask for a refund but for now I have no use for another service.

The offer was made at about 1 July so today, I don't need it, and also I can't trust such person.

edited August 2018

I will be brutally honest.

Why in the 9th hell did you pay the guy? You don't simply trust a random guy who PMs you offers.

That's like sleeping with a random prostitute met on a street and get STD.

Thanked by 1NickPerk
  • @deank said:
    I will be brutally honest.
    Why in the 9th hell did you pay the guy? You don't simply trust a random guy who PMs you offers.

Now I know that but the story was more complicated. I will try to briefly describe my story but first of all I am sorry for my poor english.

He PM me here and ask if I want cheap VPS for plex media server, I agreed because he offered me specs that I mention above for 10 eur per month, he setup it for me and me and everything works fine then ask me if I can pay yearly (120 eur) so he will double my HDD. I declined because, well I am a disable person and I have only small pension from our government that is about 150 eur / month, so when I have to pay 120 eur for something for fun... No.
    Moreover at the end of billing cycle I decided that even 10 eur / month is too much for me, especially if this is only for fun. So I told him that I don't want to have any longer service with them, and explained him same as here above.
    On the other hand linux and servers are my passion, you know when I can worked remotely the wheelchair is not a problem, so I will definitely want to work as a system admin in the future, but I know that I have to learn stuff somehow.
    So when he asked me couple days later if I can affort 50 eur / year he can setup it for me.He told me that he offered me such offer because he want help me and understand my situation etc. etc. So I borrow equal of 50 euro from my parents and paid him. after that he told me that due to the node failure he have to setup my VPS on a different better machine.
    He done that but my VPS was openvz and not KVM as previously. I kindly ask why now it is openvz instead of KVM, he apologized and proimised that he will run KVM for me for some hours, unfortunately, he turrened off my OpenVZ container and do not setup KVM and no reply for my emails till yesterday.

You know, when somebody told me that he understand me and wants to help me to make my dream etc. etc it is easier to trust such person. It is sad that this guy want to cheat me for relatively small amount when he know that I have to borrow money to pay to him :(

edited August 2018

He is not going to pay you back. If he had any intention, he would have, given the fact that it's been months since.

It is time to ban @khazaa before he catches more victims. Scamming money out of disabled people is as low as a person can go.

Thanked by 2yongsiklee corbpie
This discussion has been closed.