Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1fichier.com offer: 2 years for 30€ until 7 Aug 2018 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1fichier.com offer: 2 years for 30€ until 7 Aug 2018

13»

Comments

• @that_guy said:

@okpx said:
    if you provide their cdn to your customers

How? What do you mean?
    Their "CDN" is just a misleading name for their hotlink option. How would someone provide that to their customers?
    The french often go a bit crazy with words. Just look at what they call a "toilet". It's a shower cabin where you are supposed to squat while trying to position your a-hole over a small hole in the ground.

But I agree that a limit (maybe even per file or folder) would be great!

Scientifically proven the proper way to "go" in the "toilet".

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • Is this a good solution to keep Wordpress backups via FTP? So, if you ever need to download your own data back, how do you do it?

• @realbusiness said:
    Is this a good solution to keep Wordpress backups via FTP? So, if you ever need to download your own data back, how do you do it?

They give you download links after uploading. Just use those to download...

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2018

@realbusiness said:
    Is this a good solution to keep Wordpress backups via FTP? So, if you ever need to download your own data back, how do you do it?

I use it with Updraft Plus for wp backups without problems :)

• @Malin said:

@realbusiness said:

They give you download links after uploading. Just use those to download...

@Ympker said:

@realbusiness said:

I use it with Updraft Plus for wp backups without problems :)

Thanks both!

• Quick q. How does one upload files from their "Web" portal? I do not want to use FTP as its not secured. I use Linux. So any alternatives? Thanks

• @plumberg said:
    Quick q. How does one upload files from their "Web" portal? I do not want to use FTP as its not secured. I use Linux. So any alternatives? Thanks

Any help please?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2018

Use SFTP?

Though I feel like you have a bigger issue than not trusting a plain FTP connection.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:

@plumberg said:
    Quick q. How does one upload files from their "Web" portal? I do not want to use FTP as its not secured. I use Linux. So any alternatives? Thanks

Any help please?

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@plumberg said:

Any help please?

Thank you. Upon login I always saw the control panel and guess I missed it. Thanks.

@plumberg said:

@yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@plumberg said:

Any help please?

Thank you. Upon login I always saw the control panel and guess I missed it. Thanks.

You are welcome.

I think you will be better off using (s)ftp because it is stable and upload multiple files at the same time, and you can still browse without affecting the upload performance (strangely, uploading thru browse has not been that stable even if you are browsing on another tap).

• @yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@plumberg said:

Any help please?

You are welcome.

I think you will be better off using (s)ftp because it is stable and upload multiple files at the same time, and you can still browse without affecting the upload performance (strangely, uploading thru browse has not been that stable even if you are browsing on another tap).

Sftp? I thought only ftp was supported

edited August 2018

u sure? sftp has been standard in almost all, if not all, web server installation for ... a decade now?

• @deank said:
    u sure? sftp has been standard in almost all, if not all, web server installation for ... a decade now?

I meant sftp transfer to 1fichier

I get that. What I am saying is that sftp should be worldwide standard... If they don't have it, it's time to chalk them off.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@deank said:
    I get that. What I am saying is that sftp should be worldwide standard... If they don't have it, it's time to chalk them off.

1fichier is a bare-bones budget service. They don't support sftp. If this is deal-breaker, then best to move on. (You can upload via their web page using https, otherwise plain ftp.)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said:

@deank said:

1fichier is a bare-bones budget service. They don't support sftp. If this is deal-breaker, then best to move on. (You can upload via their web page using https, otherwise plain ftp.)

I know they did not support sftp. But another user posted that they did and hence was curious. For me uploading via web is currently working. Thnx

@plumberg said:

@angstrom said:

@deank said:

I know they did not support sftp. But another user posted that they did and hence was curious. For me uploading via web is currently working. Thnx

Yeah, I knew that you knew, but I was replying to @deank. :smile:

Thanked by 1plumberg

@plumberg said:

@yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@plumberg said:

Any help please?

You are welcome.

Sorry for the confusion. I asked and they said sftp is not supported (No SSH connection). Only ftp and ftpEs.

• The 1Fichier thread is revived for once and when I see it all questions have already been answered...lame :S

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@yongsiklee said:

@plumberg said:

@plumberg said:

Any help please?

You are welcome.

Sorry for the confusion. I asked and they said sftp is not supported (No SSH connection). Only ftp and ftpEs.

Any idea on how to connect via ftpes? portumber/ hostname?

edited August 2018

ftpes is more commonly known as ftps. Does 1fichier support ftps now? I hadn't noticed. Perhaps this is a recent change, but it doesn't yet seem to be in their documentation (unless I've missed it). I think that the port would be the same as ftp (21), but this would depend on their setup.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2018

@angstrom said:
    ftpes is more commonly known as ftps. Does 1fichier support ftps now? I hadn't noticed. Perhaps this is a recent change, but it doesn't yet seem to be in their documentation (unless I've missed it). I think that the port would be the same as ftp (21), but this would depend on their setup.

I dont think so. Encrypt your backups before uploading then upload it via plain FTP or host it on your webserver and wget it from a https url using 1Fichier remote upload.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@angstrom said:

ftpEs is different from ftps - Explicit vs implicit.

And yes, I was able to connect thru ftpEs. You can just check with your ftp client.