Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1fichier.com offer: 2 years for 30€ until 7 Aug 2018
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1fichier.com offer: 2 years for 30€ until 7 Aug 2018

https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html

I'll go for it. I guess the 10€/year deal will not be back any time soon.

Thanked by 2Ympker angstrom

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2018

Damn.. nice one! Gonna grab it as I missed the chance to get their life time deal :S I always wanted to get it but then got yearly specials instead :/ Thanks mate!

1Fichier ftp works great with when used for updraft backups^^

• If I upload videos to 1fichier.com, do they provide direct URL so that I can use remote upload in openload.co ?

• @Ympker what was the price of the lifetime deal?

• that_guythat_guy Member
    edited August 2018

@yakblack said:
    If I upload videos to 1fichier.com, do they provide direct URL so that I can use remote upload in openload.co ?

Yes, if you have the premium plan. Because then you can create a normal direct link for each file (http://1fichier.com/something/video.mkv). They call it "CDN", and each month you get 100GB traffic for these direct links. The traffic doesn't expire, but rolls over to the next month, if you haven't used all of it. If you need more CDN traffic, you can buy more for low prices.

Thanked by 1yakblack
  • @soluf said:
    @Ympker what was the price of the lifetime deal?

99€

Thanked by 1soluf
  • Access or Premium... which to pick?

• gksgks Member

I am looking for Access Offer, it has been listed as 10 Euros for 2 year, 1 TB storage sizes. After two years, will the pricing to be 10 Euros per year?

Can I use wget or curl to download the files?
    Will files expire after certain time?

It seems to be very inexpensive storage offer, while comparing with Storage VPSes and cloud storages.

• I have used this 1Fichier for around 1 month, and found it super duper bad in terms of everything, except maybe upload speed.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2018

@plumberg said:
    Access or Premium... which to pick?

@gks said:
    I am looking for Access Offer, it has been listed as 10 Euros for 2 year, 1 TB storage sizes. After two years, will the pricing to be 10 Euros per year?

Can I use wget or curl to download the files?
    Will files expire after certain time?

It seems to be very inexpensive storage offer, while comparing with Storage VPSes and cloud storages.

Check out my review maybe it will help you:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112656/review-special-offer-1fichier-unlimited-file-hosting-storage-100gb-mo-cdn-for-10-year/p1

There is also the "old" table of Premium vs. Access Account which is a bit more "clean" imho.

@desperand said:
    I have used this 1Fichier for around 1 month, and found it super duper bad in terms of everything, except maybe upload speed.

I am quite happy tbh. I use it as automatic FTP backup location for my wp installs (with updraft backup) and for images etc

• @plumberg said:

From their FAQ :

Warning ! Files hosted on 1fichier.com are deleted after 15 days without downloads for unregistered users and after 30 days without downloads for registered users.

Files belongs to Premium users are not removed within the subscription period according the offer specifications.

I guess that with Access your files can/will be removed after 30 days ?

• @wiffel said:

@plumberg said:

From their FAQ :

Warning ! Files hosted on 1fichier.com are deleted after 15 days without downloads for unregistered users and after 30 days without downloads for registered users.

Files belongs to Premium users are not removed within the subscription period according the offer specifications.

... obviously "Access" is subscription while "Registered" is just free.

• What was the previous lifetime deal?

• wiffelwiffel Member
    edited August 2018

@needavps said:

@wiffel said:

@plumberg said:

From their FAQ :

I'm still confused ... They only mention "Premium users", not "Access".

And if you look at some of the reseller web pages, they explicitly mention ...

Premium Account -
    Retention of files: Unlimited

Access Account -
    Retention of files: 30 days

• So in essence this gives 100 TB of cold storage. The other registered plans have a 30TB soft limit.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited August 2018

@wiffel said:

@needavps said:

@wiffel said:

@plumberg said:

From their FAQ :

I'm still confused ... They only mention "Premium users", not "Access".

And if you look at some of the reseller web pages, they explicitly mention ...

Premium Account -
    Retention of files: Unlimited

Access Account -
    Retention of files: 30 days

OK. You seem to be right. Apparently Access is just "temporary storage" and 1T of storage. Not that you will get more than 40T from premium but yolo. Actually Ympker has a picture of the differences with his review. Where is that picture on their site; like they trying to make things difficult.

• Its posible to use "curlftpfs" with 1fichier ?

• xyzxyz Member

Does the offer apply to vouchers bought from resellers? Most still claim 1 year - I presume that they actually add 2?

• @xyz said:
    Does the offer apply to vouchers bought from resellers? Most still claim 1 year - I presume that they actually add 2?

I wouldn't assume a voucher reseller necessarily participates in sales specials by 1Fichier. The reseller pretty much does their own thing I imagine.

• Just bought the two year premium plan, btc payment (from coinbase) is pretty painless and almost instant.

Quick question, how can I encrypt my server backups or even encrypt the whole FTP folder that I plan to upload my backup to? Before I only upload stuff to my own file servers hence I didn't care all that much, but given this is somewhat public, I'd want to encrypt things a little...

I have multiple servers that are uploading backups, using lftp and tar for compression (flexible to change it to something else if necessary).

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2018

@spammy said:
    Just bought the two year premium plan, btc payment (from coinbase) is pretty painless and almost instant.

Quick question, how can I encrypt my server backups or even encrypt the whole FTP folder that I plan to upload my backup to? Before I only upload stuff to my own file servers hence I didn't care all that much, but given this is somewhat public, I'd want to encrypt things a little...

I have multiple servers that are uploading backups, using lftp and tar for compression (flexible to change it to something else if necessary).

I manually encrypt my zipped photos folder before uploading :P I used AEScrypt but there are more options out there :)

Thanked by 1spammy
  • @spammy said:
    Just bought the two year premium plan, btc payment (from coinbase) is pretty painless and almost instant.

I don't have first hand experience with it, but duplicity is often used for such. It's based on GnuPG, and supports FTP among other protocols. Official site: http://duplicity.nongnu.org

Thanked by 1spammy
    edited August 2018

@risturiz said:
    Its posible to use "curlftpfs" with 1fichier ?

For upload yes, you can use any FTP client.
    EDIT: Sorry! Just saw you wrote curlftp_FS_. I'm pretty sure that won't work, because at 1fichier the FTP uploads seem to be uploaded to a temporary location, and then moved to your account. So after they have been moved there, you can no longer see them via FTP.

For download no. You can download only via HTTP.

For the file-locker-style downloadlinks you'd need some downloadtool, that specifically supports 1fichier (if that exists for the linux commandline! For win there are some GUI clients).
    Or what definitely works, is to create "CDN"-links (direct links) for your files. But the traffic from CDN-links is substracted from your CDN credits (100GB monthly, unused GBs roll over to the next month, see site for extra CDN traffic prices).
    You can then use those normal direct links with ANY HTTP downloadtool like curl, wget, aria2 etc.

• gksgks Member

After going through the threads, all I understood is, the Access Paid Subscription, the files shall be deleted after a certain period may be a month or so. If we want to use as Storage service, then we should go for Premium, that cost about 15 Euros per month.

• @gks said:
    After going through the threads, all I understood is, the Access Paid Subscription, the files shall be deleted after a certain period may be a month or so. If we want to use as Storage service, then we should go for Premium, that cost about 15 Euros per month.

Go premium for storage. Go access for fast speed without advertisment for downloading 1Fichier links from other ppl (e.g. linux isos). Access is mostly used for avoiding throlling during download of linux isos. It's all about speed like with 4shared/speedyshare etc if you want to dl linux isos or files from other ppl there usually as free user u get really slow speeds and advertisment. With premium not.

edited August 2018

@gks said:
    [...] Premium, that cost about 15 Euros per month.

Per year.

Also: what Ympker said.
    Or in other words:
    unregistered = slow, ads, no features, no strorage, maybe captchas, maybe waiting times
    registered (free) = faster, 1TB storage, higher max. filesize
    access = faster than registered, no ads, no waitingtimes, features
    premium = fastest, CDN credits, 100TB storage, files are never deleted after x days without downloads

So use free when you just want to DL one thing this one time.
    Use registered when you DL a few small things every now and then, and/or you want to store up to 1TB and have inactive files deleted after 30 days.
    Use access if you are a heavy downloader, and/or you want to store up to 1TB and have inactive files deleted after 30 days.
    Use premium if you are a heavy downloader, and/or you want to store A LOT and don't have inactive files deleted.
    Hope this helps.

Thanked by 2Ympker yakblack
  • okpxokpx Member

their CDN price is high and there is no option on them to limit the usage of their CDN. Its ridicoulous.

• Was going to buy the Access service...
    "Payment by Paypal (+100% fees - minimum amount 1,5 €)" - so that defeats the offer entirely! :-|

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    Was going to buy the Access service...
    "Payment by Paypal (+100% fees - minimum amount 1,5 €)" - so that defeats the offer entirely! :-|

You can buy from resellers ;)

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited August 2018

@Ympker said:

Too obscure for me - I don't do crosswords. ;-)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@Ympker said:

Too obscure for me - I don't do crosswords. ;-)

You don't need to :) In fact I am faar away from trusting them 100% with my data. The reason I keep speaking good of them is because for the price they charge I have been very happy :P