Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary

12345679»

Comments

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

MrPsycho said: Ehh... It's not about sequential read/write but access time and random operations.

i was not comparing two différent technologies of drives but two frequencies. Classic green motherboard is not equiped with sata 3, that would prevent our sata3 SSD to run at full speed.

• @Ikoula said:
    i was not comparing two différent technologies of drives but two frequencies. Classic green motherboard is not equiped with sata 3, that would prevent our sata3 SSD to run at full speed.

Ehh... It's not about sequential (read: full) read/write but access time and random operations (read: being able to serve thousands instead of hundreds requests per second).

Your point with "full speed" on SATA3 is invalid on so many levels. I know you are from the marketing team, but really? You are working in hosting industry and you literally don't know how HDD works. Please read up on access time and IOPS. HDD have sets of headers and platters inside them. Serving data requires physical movement, which takes time. SSD have no moving parts and the data can be read dozen times quicker. Besides...Not a single SSD currently in production is going to achieve maximal throughput with SATA3, as even SATA3 speeds are the limiting factor. Are you going to say, we shouldn't use SSD with SATA3, because they won't run at "full speed"? See? That's not valid point. Usually SSDs are not about maximal theoretical throughput.

• SreeSree Member

@Ikoula I'm using the CLOUDIKOULAONE - 20th anniversary offer. My nxt payment due date is 2019-04-24, does it cancel automatically or do I need to manually cancel. So I just need to terminated the instance or need to submit a Cancellation Request ?

Hello @Sree
    I would just delete the instance if i were you just in case you might might want to use the service again. It is always handy to have a place to deploy an instance quickly.

• ChuckChuck Member

@Ikoula said:
    Hello @Sree
    I would just delete the instance if i were you just in case you might might want to use the service again. It is always handy to have a place to deploy an instance quickly.

Any chance that this deal would last longer than 1 year?

Hello @Chuck, nope i am sorry on the thirteenth month normal price will be applied.