Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary

Comments

• xyl0n said: Got a invoice about 73€, thanks!!

what did you do?

• @xyl0n said:

Got a invoice about 73€, thanks!!

Wait, what did you exceed? Was it because of the IP / Network thing?

• @rm_ said:

xyl0n said: why do I have to open ports when I have direct IP

Because there is still a firewall between your box and the internet. One could see this as a benefit, but in practice of course this setup is super annoying to use, and no major VPS provider does that. Not to mention here you can't unblock some protocols even if you wanted (such as "6in4" IPv6 tunneling) because there's no option for them in the panel.

Google cloud, AWS, Azure.. they all do it. It's honestly a good thing. This is not directed towards you personally, but if you can't manage a firewall, you can't manage your server, and from that perspective, you're doomed to get rooted.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2018

solaire said: Google cloud, AWS, Azure.

So go find them in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/151346/provider-poll-h1-2018-the-results/p1

I meant actual VPS providers which we use here, not pay-per-every-sneeze "CLOUD" ones which people who don't know any better [or spending someone else's money] use.

solaire said: if you can't manage a firewall

I can manage a firewall on my own server, I did not subscribe to manage a halfassed bastardization of it in someone else's retarded panel from 1990s.

upd: even if the panel was good, it's just double useless busywork to manage firewall both in my OS (where I have my own automatic iptables script) and then go and also do the same from scratch but manually in a web panel.

Thanked by 2FennecFox Shot2
  • @rm_ said:
    So go find them in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/151346/provider-poll-h1-2018-the-results/p1

I meant actual VPS providers which we use here, not pay-per-every-sneeze "CLOUD" ones which people who don't know any better [or spending someone else's money] use.

I'm sorry, but if you say "major VPS provider", then I refer to said cloud providers rather than the provider poll on LET. Anyhow, point noted. I must be too new around here.

@rm_ said:
    I can manage a firewall on my own server, I did not subscribe to manage a halfassed bastardization of it in someone else's retarded panel from 1990s.

upd: even if the panel was good, it's just double useless busywork to manage firewall both in my OS (where I have my own automatic iptables script) and then go and also do the same from scratch but manually in a web panel.

I did mention that this wasn't directed to you, right? So I see absolutely no reason as to why you must empathize you can manage your firewall.

It's perfectly fine for you to not like firewalls and panels, but the sad truth is that this has probably stopped quite a percentage of people in this thread from setting up their VPS as an open DNS resolver, mail server, or anything like that. This is why I see this as a benefit rather than a disadvantage.

edited September 2018

solaire said: I did mention that this wasn't directed to you, right?

Sure, but your post still comes off as arrogant and insulting. If not directly to me, then to everyone at least halfway knowledgeable (including me).

• @rm_ said:

solaire said: I did mention that this wasn't directed to you, right?

Sure, but your post still comes off as arrogant and insulting. If not directly to me, then to everyone at least halfway knowledgeable (including me).

Apologies if my post came off as arrogant and insulting. It was not intended to be either.

Thanked by 1mfs
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

xyl0n said: Got a invoice about 73€, thanks!!

@xyl0n @Fritz

That should only happen if, as said in the message, when an option not included in the promo is picked up.
    You can figure out and get more info on https://extranet.ikoula.com or you can send me your subscription number by PM i'll check it for you.

• @Ikoula said:

xyl0n said: Got a invoice about 73€, thanks!!

@xyl0n @Fritz

That should only happen if, as said in the message, when an option not included in the promo is picked up.
    You can figure out and get more info on https://extranet.ikoula.com or you can send me your subscription number by PM i'll check it for you.

I just paid for the second month, I guess everything is okay since I just got billed €1.00 EUR.

Anyway, I sent you my subscription ID.

Mmm @Fritz if you've been charged 1€ there is no problem.
    @xyl0n waiting for your message.

• yep mine to .. charged 1euro so +1 month :D

• We regret to inform you that your hosting account has been suspended.
    The product concerned by this account suspension is the following one CLOUDIKOULAONE - 20th anniversary
    In general, this suspension happens when an invoice is unpaid, when a fraud situation is suspected or when an account has been cancelled.
    If you’re not concerned by any of the situations listed here above, please don’t hesitate to contact us to solve this problem.

NEXT DUE DATE: 26/09/2018

年年有鱼,

IKOULA 团队

edited September 2018

@xyl0n i am sorry but without your customer number i can't do anything and please for a better understanding speak in english.

• @xyl0n said:
    We regret to inform you that your hosting account has been suspended.
    The product concerned by this account suspension is the following one CLOUDIKOULAONE - 20th anniversary
    In general, this suspension happens when an invoice is unpaid, when a fraud situation is suspected or when an account has been cancelled.
    If you’re not concerned by any of the situations listed here above, please don’t hesitate to contact us to solve this problem.

年年有鱼,

IKOULA 团队

I received the exact same email, quite literally not even used it yet.

Oh well.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@KristopherH said:

@xyl0n said:

年年有鱼,

IKOULA 团队

Oh well.

Same here, then I quickly realized it was because I never got a renewal/invoice due email. Logged in and paid the 1 euro, then was back in business.

• @MasonR said:

@KristopherH said:

@xyl0n said:

年年有鱼,

IKOULA 团队

Oh well.

Same here, then I quickly realized it was because I never got a renewal/invoice due email. Logged in and paid the 1 euro, then was back in business.

What an unintelligent system, probably setup specifically for that product so people forget to renew lool - setup PayPal subscribe :smile:

KristopherH said: setup PayPal subscribe

Actually I remember that I wasn't able to just pay my 1 EUR invoice, got some kind of an error. Only the PayPal subscribe button worked.

• @Ikoula said:
    @xyl0n i am sorry but without your customer number i can't do anything and please for a better understanding speak in english.

I don't need help, that was a test and you failed in all possible ways!

• godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

I also got overcharged for nothing.. installed softether, tested the connection and that was it. I never used that VM again and for that i got overcharged, great !

Checked the terms & conditions page and there is NOTHING about overcharging!

• For the record, node is performing well for its price. Control panel is nice.

• Control panel is nice.> @asv said:

Control panel is nice.

LIES!

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • @asv said:
    Control panel is nice.

Thanked by 2gol3m maverickp

Maybe he only used Aruba before.

Thanked by 3Yura gol3m uptime
  • @Tripleflix, @Yura, @rm_

To each his own.

• @Yura said:
    I feel bad for Thomas (the rep behind @ikoula), he really does trying hard but there is 20 years of technical debt and some "internal problems" at Ikoula the company that are not easy to overcome.

And yes, your panel keeps resetting language to French on each page refresh, stop denying that already. No, I don't know which one of dozen redirects in your backend and panels causes that. See my point about tech debt

Speak English and French and it won't bother you at all :)

• jiijii Member

Hey @Ikoula ! time is up.The vps work very well.So can I change billing cycle 12O/y ?
    Or only one year's discount is allowed?
    CLOUDIKOULAONE - 20th anniversary is gooood.

Hello @jii, i am happy you enjoy the service but i am sorry after twelve month your VM will be charged at normal price.

• jiijii Member

@Ikoula said:
    Hello @jii, i am happy you enjoy the service but i am sorry after twelve month your VM will be charged at normal price.

Thank you for your answer.It seems that I need to migrate data to 8.99o .
    Better if the hard disk is replaced with 100G+ SSD

@jii To be honnest it would not be a good idea, regarding the hardware configuration of the Classic Green server, a SSD would not be run at full speed. That's why it not available in the order options.

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited March 2019

@Ikoula said:
    @jii To be honnest it would not be a good idea, regarding the hardware configuration of the Classic Green server, a SSD would not be run at full speed. That's why it not available in the order options.

Ehh... It's not about sequential read/write but access time and random operations.