Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iKoula | 1vCPU 1.7GB RAM 50GB SSD for 1€ | 20th anniversary

Comments

• YuraYura Member

@Raymii, thanks for the headups. I think it's not worth it anymore, too much stress for a trial.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I admit it's good learning for students learning Linux and networking. But do keep in mind that it goes back to 9.99/mo after 11 months and change (unlike Aruba Small).

Until then, you can practice Ansible runs or something .

@Raymii : I think this happens when the hypervisor hasn't finished destroying the failed-deploys instances , thus bringing the instance-hours total to over 1Month.

• Support just responded, it might be because the interface is Gbit instead of 100 mbit. But, the extranet doesn't allow you to choose interface speed so either their system default is wrong or it indeed are the failed-removal cloudstack interface instances...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Needed to rebuild VPS. Tried numerous times with NL-BASIC selected and kept failing. France worked OK. Have given up now, as spending too much time on it. Less hassle paying the maintenance fee at CloudAtCost! :-o

• So, did receive respons from support, they said invoices were requested to be neutralized, but nothing happened yet. Lets see how this continued. I did delete the VPS and requested the account to be cancelled...

• that is fucking fraud

• cancelled mine, was lucky to get out with no extra charges.

• levnode said: No, almost US providers don't tolerate for that type of spam/scan, however, Chinese providers do. I confirm that 90% of scan/DDOS come to my servers (about 200 servers) are from China.

Sad to know that

• YuraYura Member

I got invoice for the second month too and sent them a message about it last Friday. My outstanding invoice was nulled and vps terminated. As it should be.

I seriously can't decide how I feel about Ikoula. People there are decent and nice but using their panels is so fucked up, I gave up.

• FennecFoxFennecFox Member
    edited August 2018

Requested to cancel this VPS, really unhappy with the control panel and it just seems messy and I don't really trust them with the billing side like the extra charges, its cheap and the vps is somewhat okay for the price but it's stressing me out. :neutral:

I've been with Arbua before and that was an easier process.

• I just signed up to see what it is.

It is all a real big joke, don't know what scriptkiddie is frauding you, but this is not a serious host.

As OS i got in cloudstack "Mac OS X 10.6 32bit", wtf?!

Firewall rules are not applying

keyboard layout in virtual console is just US/UK/french, can not even insert a simple M on any of those and therefore can't login to check if ssh is even running.

Nothing works, support just have not a clue how to fix things, got a answer where he told me I have keep the 22 ingress rule but have to delete all egress rules, to a customer he is telling me something on cloudstack based technical, that is just a joke.

He told me "we let you do that", which basically mean, don't get on my nerves and fuck yourself.

BIG BIG FRAUD

• Bought it and running a Tor exit. Just in case, their network is:

AS21409 178.170.54.0 - 178.170.54.255

• @goodwin said:
    Bought it and running a Tor exit. Just in case, their network is:

AS21409 178.170.54.0 - 178.170.54.255

Did you ask if they allow tor? @ikoula can provide confirmation?

• Yes, they do.

Thanked by 1smile
  • xyl0nxyl0n Member
    edited August 2018

Oh it even gets better, does someone have to configure the routing of the instances by hand?

I just got another "do it yourself and fuck you" mail from support:

you can help yourself with this article to create your rules on the firewall :

http://urlz.fr/7z1e

Then I followed the french pictures on interface and got another public IP assigned for a NAT, tried to add the SSH rule as I could figure out in the french pictures but just got a "Failed to create firewall rule" back, so WTF??!!

*edit: after enabling VPN I could add SSH rule, but did also not worked, so I come to the conclusion:

nothing works
    docs are frenglish
    supports are assholes

don't even give them a cent!!!

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

xyl0n said:
    nothing works
    docs are frenglish
    supports are assholes

Hello, i can't let you say that without reacting.

First of all please be polite.

Then be aware that our cloud has opened in 2012 if nothing were working it would be closed by now.

At last i agree with you, documentation is not EN optimised, we're working on it.

Then if you want i'll be glad to help you ?

I also would like your support ticket number i want to check your experience with our support team which is used to be nice and helpfull.

Have a good day

Greetings

Thomas

Thanked by 3Inglar default rm_
  • I wonder if these people complain in the same way about their coffee...

I haven't tried this myself, I was able to resist thankfully. But come on, don't shit all over support agents for things they have absolutely no control over. It's crap if you get overcharged or if your product doesn't work as promised, but there's no need to take that out on a support agent. They usually don't have any control or what so ever on what's above their pay grade, they're just working according to internal flows and regulations. If you're nice to them, they're much more interested in helping you.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Mine is still working good. No problem so far. I am lucky then.

• @Fritz said:
    I am lucky then.

Not just you, no problems here either. I only signed up to see what all the fuss was about, and at 1.2€ I'll be keeping it, at least for the year, the price after that though does seem wildly uncompetitive.

To be fair the admin is really 90's, it reminds me of early Oracle web based interfaces, fields that are still mandatory when they have no real meaning for some options, stuff that doesn't refresh properly. But all seems to work if you apply a bit of logic to it. Maybe I'm just used to it, and having to think about what you're doing is a bit of a shock to the 'app' generation.

• tonyapactonyapac Member
    edited August 2018

I have been using EU-DE-Z2-BASIC for a while. No issues.
    PL6Mq0.jpg

• xyl0nxyl0n Member
    edited August 2018

@Ikoula said:

xyl0n said:
    nothing works
    docs are frenglish
    supports are assholes

Hello, i can't let you say that without reacting.

First of all please be polite.

Then be aware that our cloud has opened in 2012 if nothing were working it would be closed by now.

At last i agree with you, documentation is not EN optimised, we're working on it.

Then if you want i'll be glad to help you ?

I also would like your support ticket number i want to check your experience with our support team which is used to be nice and helpfull.

Have a good day

Greetings

Thomas

Support wrote me back with another guide on french, but it has images.

I deployed my instance in extranet, which was advertised as being the easier way, unfortunately it deploys the instance in basic network and not advanced, but you only can choose basic in the extranet, so it is not the easier way if you have to configure the routing in several ways.

*edit: great, so i deleted the instance and put a new one up with advanced network, the result is that i am landing exactly in the same position as before, having a NAT and should do port forwarding for a small instance...

• Decided to give ikoula a try. Their interface is disastrous. It is so fucking complicated. How is it possible to do something like that in 2018?

Thanked by 2Yura inthecloudblog

xyl0n said: to configure the routing in several ways

Could you be more specific about what you call "to configure the routing in several ways" because to me setting up NAT rules is configuring routes.

• xyl0nxyl0n Member
    edited August 2018

@Ikoula said:

xyl0n said: to configure the routing in several ways

Could you be more specific about what you call "to configure the routing in several ways" because to me setting up NAT rules is configuring routes.

Good, that is right, my spelling was wrong, I just mean I have to forward any port in the firewall for the NAT, that is right now the only solution the support gave me, but there should be also a solution without a NAT for just one instance?

I just let it as a NAT, whatever, just want to use it as a nginx for one site, it works finally now!

system and network looks great, IP is now also 100% clean (based on hetrixtools)

centos 7.5 @ EU-DE-Z1-ADV

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v4 @ 3.20GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 3200.064 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 49.1 GB (3.7 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 1636 MB (69 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1075 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 41 min
    Load average : 0.00, 0.07, 0.06
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 3.10.0-327.28.3.el7.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 640 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 679 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 686 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 668.3 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 103MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 8.93MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 6.91MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 86.9MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 98.5MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 13.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 12.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 9.95MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 97.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 5.85MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 5.80MB/s

nench.sh v2018.04.14 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
    benchmark timestamp: 2018-08-28 14:59:02 UTC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v4 @ 3.20GHz
    CPU cores: 1
    Frequency: 3200.064 MHz
    RAM: 1.6G
    Swap: 1.1G
    Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-327.28.3.el7.x86_64 x86_64

Disks:
    xvda 50G SSD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    2.492 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    6.580 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    1.835 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 59.6 us / 90.2 us / 60.2 ms / 363.7 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 15.7 k requests in 5.05 s, 3.84 GiB, 3.11 k iops, 778.4 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 640.87 MiB/s
    2nd run: 658.04 MiB/s
    3rd run: 659.94 MiB/s
    average: 652.95 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4: 154.46.205.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         101.95 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        90.06 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   12.60 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      72.52 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         13.42 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2018

xyl0n said: having a NAT and should do port forwarding for a small instance

Well this is exactly what "advanced network" means (in their terms). If you don't want NAT and want public IP directly on the interface, deploy in "basic network". But you still have to open the ports you need via the firewall panel.

• xyl0nxyl0n Member
    edited August 2018

@rm_ said:

xyl0n said: having a NAT and should do port forwarding for a small instance

Well this is exactly what "advanced network" means (in their terms). If you don't want NAT and want public IP directly on the interface, deploy in "basic network". But you still have to open the ports you need via the firewall panel.

Which I did at first (but firewall did not worked that way), but why do I have to open ports when I have direct IP, that is the question ;).

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

xyl0n said: why do I have to open ports when I have direct IP

Because there is still a firewall between your box and the internet. One could see this as a benefit, but in practice of course this setup is super annoying to use, and no major VPS provider does that. Not to mention here you can't unblock some protocols even if you wanted (such as "6in4" IPv6 tunneling) because there's no option for them in the panel.

xyl0n said: but there should be also a solution without a NAT for just one instance?

Yes here is the trick, you can enable the static NAT fonctionality.

It's kind of hidden, on https://cloudstack.ikoula.com/client, in network menu, open your network, click on "View IP addresses", then click on "Acquire new IP" (only one time please if you ask for a second one it will be charged).
    Now click on the IP you just added, here there is the "enable static NAT" button.

• @Ikoula said:

xyl0n said: but there should be also a solution without a NAT for just one instance?

It's kind of hidden, on https://cloudstack.ikoula.com/client, in network menu, open your network, click on "View IP addresses", then click on "Acquire new IP" (only one time please if you ask for a second one it will be charged).
    Now click on the IP you just added, here there is the "enable static NAT" button.

Got a invoice about 73€, thanks!!

Invoice of on demand resources exceeding your
    CloudIkoulaONE subscription #9966, after deductible and
    special offer deduction, for the period from 2018-08-26 to
    2018-08-31 included. For details about on demand
    resources consumption, please check your extranet
    interface https://extranet.ikoula.com

• @xyl0n said:

@Ikoula said:

Got a invoice about 73€, thanks!!

Invoice of on demand resources exceeding your
    CloudIkoulaONE subscription #9966, after deductible and
    special offer deduction, for the period from 2018-08-26 to
    2018-08-31 included. For details about on demand
    resources consumption, please check your extranet
    interface https://extranet.ikoula.com

Wow.

I checked mine and everything seems okay.

Please confirm this @Ikoula