Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net opens internationally - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net opens internationally

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, decent CPU and network.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

Server Dedibox SC gen2 Nano U2250 1,60GHz 2 Go 500 Go 1Gbit/sec 9.99 € HT

appeared in stock, shows up as 7 at this moment.

• @rm_ said:
    appeared in stock, shows up as 7 at this moment.

Not anymore. :(

• @joelgm you either have a cached page then, or have to be ninja fast to get one of these :)

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited October 2013

@rds100 said:
    joelgm you either have a cached page then, or have to be ninja fast to get one of these :)

It shows stock in Orange color, but then says " Vous ne pouvez pas commander des offres serveurs sans stock avec le mode de paiement Paypal."

Meaning 'You cant order servers which are out of stock with Paypal mode of payment', I guess.

• Wish to try the 500G or 1T plan,the 2T plan now using is very stable.

• Is 5 the maximum failover IPs available for a Dedibox Classic?

• @joelgm said:
    Is 5 the maximum failover IPs available for a Dedibox Classic?

IP failover blocks can only be ordered if you have subscribed to the Business service level.

• @zhuanyi said:
    IP failover blocks can only be ordered if you have subscribed to the Business service level.

I dont require blocks of them. I just need discrete IPs to provide to (prospective) customers or friends.

• @joelgm said:
    I dont require blocks of them. I just need discrete IPs to provide to (prospective) customers or friends.

5 routable IP is a block.

• Is it normal to have smart report a virtual disk as the installed hard drive for a dedi?

# smartctl -d scsi -i /dev/sda smartctl 5.40 2010-07-12 r3124 [x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net Device: Dell Virtual Disk Version: 1028 Device type: disk Local Time is: Sun Oct 20 09:29:06 2013 IST Device does not support SMART

• Do they offer extra disks? I'm not sure if 2x1TB is better than (my current) 4x500GB RAID10 in terms of performance/speed?

• @joelgm what does hdparm -i /dev/sda say?

• @rds100 said:
    joelgm what does hdparm -i /dev/sda say?

hdparm -i /dev/sda /dev/sda: SG_IO: bad/missing sense data, sb[]: 70 00 05 04 00 83 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed: Invalid argument

• @joelgm is it hardware raid by any chance?

• @rds100 said:
    joelgm is it hardware raid by any chance?

I think it is.

"Hardware RAID PERC H200 RAID 0/1 Hardware"

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2013

@joelgm then it's normal.

• @rds100 said:
    joelgm then it's normal.

One can't get details of the hard disk like Power on time, if it's hardware RAID?

• @joelgm i'm not sure what kind of chipset this controller uses. Try smartctl -d megaraid,0 -a /dev/sda and smartctl -d megaraid,1 -a /dev/sda or something like that.

• Also you can try this:
    smartctl -a -dsat+megaraid,0 /dev/sda

• online.net has an overview of their models:
    http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server

the cheapest box (€9,99 - €14,99 - €29,99) are Dell, all the others are HP.
    i have one €9,99 (on Nano) and one Dell €29,99 (the dedibox classic gen2).
    The €29,99 is hardware raid and on my box it says LSI/Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2.
    RAID1 is set by default, so only one virtual disk is seen by the OS.
    To have hardware raid set off, a ticket to support is needed, asking to set the box to NORAID or RAID0 in the BIOS.
    (customer can access BIOS through KVM, but it's forbidden to change BIOS and RAID settings oneself).

• I've tried to pay for their dedibox since few months ago untill now i still getting
    "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Online SAS and try another option."
    while i trying to pay through paypal, and yes my paypal is verified.

Opened a ticket weeks ago and they say my paypal not verified, then i show them screenshot proof about my paypal account status. After that, no reply from them ever since.

• Their free DDoS protections drops at 200mbps udp.

• strexstrex Member
    edited October 2013

@abravo said:
    RAID1 is set by default, so only one virtual disk is seen by the OS.
    To have hardware raid set off, a ticket to support is needed, asking to set the box to NORAID or RAID0 in the BIOS.
    (customer can access BIOS through KVM, but it's forbidden to change BIOS and RAID settings oneself).

Really?
    I have changed it to Raid0 on my dedibox classic and installed my own operating system.

edited October 2013

@strex said:
    I have changed it to Raid0 on my dedibox classic and installed my own operating system.

"Important Disclaimer
    Don't change BIOS, RAID, IDRAC, ILO configuration!
    Any change on this parameters will cause irreversible domages on your server.
    According our terms of sale (art. 4), you lost monitoring and assistance in case of modification
    In addition, this modifications are to be regarded as intended damage and fee will be charged"

• @rds100 said:
    joelgm i'm not sure what kind of chipset this controller uses. Try smartctl -d megaraid,0 -a /dev/sda and smartctl -d megaraid,1 -a /dev/sda or something like that.

None of those commands worked. The controller is LSI SAS 2008 SAS Controller. I was able to determine the hard disk types and serial number etc, but not the age of the disk with sas2ircu.

• @joelgm sorry i don't know what is the equivalent of this RAID controller and if it supports smart commands passthrough. Can you tell me which driver is used in linux for the RAID card?

edited October 2013

@rds100 said:
    joelgm sorry i don't know what is the equivalent of this RAID controller and if it supports smart commands passthrough. Can you tell me which driver is used in linux for the RAID card?

Kernel reports:
    mpt2sas0: Protocol=(Initiator,Target), Capabilities=(Raid,TLR,EEDP,Snapshot Buffer,Diag Trace Buffer,Task Set Full,NCQ) scsi 0:1:0:0: RAID1: handle(0x004f), wwid(0x05041ec30438dfb5), pd_count(2), type(SATA)

And:
    # lsmod | grep -i 'raid' raid_class 4532 1 mpt2sas

• @joelgm unfortunately when reading the smartctl man page i don't find any special support for mpt smart passthrough. But you can use your google fu, maybe there is some unofficial version or something.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@joelgm said:
    In addition, this modifications are to be regarded as intended damage and fee will be charged"

That basically says you cannot lose our surveillance or make it harder for us to do it, so, it's actually worse than a KVM, therefore having a dedi will not mean anything except a larger drive, just extra headache with maintenance and back-ups, unless you go for the really big ones which have no equivalent (our KVMs, for example go up to 8 GB, I suspect few people have bigger).