Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOLUSVM acquired by PLESK - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SOLUSVM acquired by PLESK

1235»

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@jetchirag said:
    Have you temporarily named it Virtkit?

I own virtkit.io so I thought to name it the same for timebeing

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

BharatB said: You missed the selection list?

no mate, if I wanted to click through things I could do that from the menu no doubt, a dashboard is supposed to be at a glance and usually real time over arching info that gives a complete simple overview, not a place to show basic info on 1 server.

Anyway, options are like arseholes, everyone has one, no one likes to get to close to someone else's if they can help it.

Thanked by 1joepie91

@AnthonySmith said:

BharatB said: You missed the selection list?

no mate, if I wanted to click through things I could do that from the menu no doubt, a dashboard is supposed to be at a glance and usually real time over arching info that gives a complete simple overview, not a place to show basic info on 1 server.

Anyway, options are like arseholes, everyone has one, no one likes to get to close to someone else's if they can help it.

I agree, realtime was tough but I compensated that with auto 60s refresh of the statistics.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

BharatB said: refresh of the statistics.

of 1 server.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: a dashboard is supposed to be at a glance and usually real time over arching info that gives a complete simple overview

Agreed. I don't want to see the stats of a single server unless there's a problem.

@AnthonySmith said:

BharatB said: refresh of the statistics.

of 1 server.

No all servers of selection list are updated on each refresh

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said:

jetchirag said: @Francisco CI is pretty easy to pick up for newbies but laravel is indeed a beast.

When I did more php, I loved CI. It gave a lot without going too heavy on the "thou must". I liked it a lot better than CakePHP.

I keep meaning to read a book on Laravel.

jetchirag said: If you are going to be rewriting, why not python/Django?

Probably because @Francisco knows php and not python, I'm guessing.

Fuck you all...now I have an itch to write a panel.

Didn't @joepie91 start one at one point?

Yeah, I did. And I'm still working on it intermittently, and I have a pile of design documentation laying around - however, I'm currently prioritizing work that pays the rent :)

It's exceedingly difficult to get any serious funding for a project like CVM, so I'm just working on it when I feel like it and have the time for it, basically. And given that I've been spending most of my recent time doing paid (open-source) client work, that has not been very often lately.

As I've said many times before, if somebody can come up with funding for CVM, it'd much accelerate my work on it. And I'm not talking about "a few hundred dollars a month", but about a normal freelancer rate.

Otherwise, it'll be done when it's done.

• BruceBruce Member

do you think www.virtkick.com will like it

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Bruce said:

do you think www.virtkick.com will like it

Why does that matter? They don't own the name. They don't hold a trademark on virt in their name. If that was possible, I would've done that for VM.

Francisco

• I would have trademarked all the letters if it was possible.

• Kyle_Kyle_ Member

This can only be a good thing for both SolusVM and Plesk, they both need some new innovation

Thanked by 1SolusVM
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2018

@Francisco said:

jetchirag said: About UI/UX, @Francisco is there any reason for you wanting custom design? There are so many good themes available (both paid and free)?

So that we don't look like the rest :)

The one mentioned above is pretty good. I can likely play with the colours a bit and get a current Stallion feel to it.

That'll be later in the year, but for sure bookmarking it.

Francisco

I don’t think it needs a redesign. As long as it works, well... why bother? ;)

Thanked by 1Francisco