Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Generation 8 Root Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Generation 8 Root Servers

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited May 2018 in General

Are live now! You might wanna check it out :)
Starting from:

CPU: 2 dedicates cores of Intel® Xeon® Gold 6140

RAM 8 GB DDR4 ECC

Disk Space (SAS highly recommended as they explicitly have stated that their SAS IO has once more been improved)

40 GB SSD / 320 GB

RAID-Level
RAID10

Network: 1 Gbit/s

Uptime: 99,99%

Price from: 6,99€/mo

Comments

• ehabehab Member

and now who will be the first for geekbench :) maybe @Falzo when see's the cpu will become so tempted and bites :)

Thanked by 3Ympker Falzo yomero
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Falzo bait

Thanked by 2Falzo mehargags
  • ehabehab Member

if we shout enough to him @Falzo

• elliotcelliotc Member

Small monster.

• eramaxeramax Member
    edited May 2018

thanks

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Around 2000 single thread PassMark points. Not bad

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

where is the link?

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Ah.. I visited netcup.eu. Didn't know there are two domains of them

• fxffxf Member

On average, you have a bandwidth of at least 200 Mbps, provided the root server has a 1 Gbps network card. If more than 80 TB of traffic is consumed within one month and an average of more than 80 MBit / s bandwidth is occupied over a period of more than 60 minutes, the network connection of the root server can be limited to a minimum of 10 MBit / s, to other customers no disadvantage arises.

Having trouble making sense of the policy. Using 80Mbps constantly gets you a bit under 30TB/mo. There's no way to come close to the 80TB/mo upper limit. Seeing that that's the case, they should really advertise an 80PB/mo limit.

• donlidonli Member

From their Facebook page:

A long time she was expected, now it's here: The Generation 8 of our root server!

The most important advance: the new offers offer 25 % more memory, more CPU CORES (from Rs 4000) and more including traffic (80 TB / month) Prices Remain the same compared to the previous generation.

We can increase the io throughput even further in the SAS variant. We will now use the double number of spindles in the raid network and use 10 K-SAS hard drives.

With Intel ® Xeon ® Gold 6140 CPU, we can load entire four sockets and have a better price / performance than comparable servers with amd Cpus. For these good conditions we have been negotiating with our suppliers for a long time In the end we decided for power-Edge servers from Dell.

Also with the new root servers we track the approach to combining the advantages of virtual and dedicated servers. With The Generation 8 we succeeded in pursuing this goal consistently. The Large Rs 8000 stands with its 14 dedicated CPU CORES AND 64 gb ram in competition with dedicated servers that are sold for just under 100 euros per month. However, the Rs 8000 offers much more io throughput and a larger range of functions. With a monthly price of 44,99 euros, it costs less than half as a similar dedicated server.

Further details on the new offers can be obtained from our press release published today:

https://www.netcup-news.de/2018/05/02/mehr-arbeitsspeicher-mehr-traffic-und-mehr-cpu-leistung-bei-gleichbleibendem-preis-netcup-praesentiert-neue-root-server-der-generation-8/

• lionlion Member

I wonder if you could use the cores 24/7 now and won't get throttled even though they're "dedicated"

• neikneik Member

@fxf said:

On average, you have a bandwidth of at least 200 Mbps, provided the root server has a 1 Gbps network card. If more than 80 TB of traffic is consumed within one month and an average of more than 80 MBit / s bandwidth is occupied over a period of more than 60 minutes, the network connection of the root server can be limited to a minimum of 10 MBit / s, to other customers no disadvantage arises.

Having trouble making sense of the policy. Using 80Mbps constantly gets you a bit under 30TB/mo. There's no way to come close to the 80TB/mo upper limit. Seeing that that's the case, they should really advertise an 80PB/mo limit.

That's exactly at what I pointed in their forum. Still awaiting an answer.

Don't know how this is called in english but that limit is a bit like clickbait on some news pages.

Honestly, I don't think Netcup needs this, they have great products and good prices as well.

Anyways...

• LeviLevi Member

Do they offer directadmin and additional IP's with those packages?

• Dammit! When can we finally see these kinds of specs with these prices in North America from a reliable provider with a proven track record?

Is the end nigh?

• SvenSven Member

I just received my RS 8000 G8. Looks great so far.
    Here is the geekbench4 result: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8142019

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited May 2018

@lion said:
    I wonder if you could use the cores 24/7 now and won't get throttled even though they're "dedicated"

When I picked a dedicated CPU box a few months ago CPU performance was very good at first, but dropped heavily after a few days. You cannot really know how good it is until the node is completely filled up and until everyone started their processes.

• jamjam Member

why english website version not showing new plans ?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jam said:
    why english website version not showing new plans ?

Because netcup is originally a german company and the news I posted were related to the german fb post they made which someone posted above. German website has priority for them.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

neik said: Don't know how this is called in english

Bait and switch, or simply false advertising

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@Ympker said:
    @Falzo bait

@ehab said:

haha, thanks guys! the offers look good... 10 core, 32 GB, hmm ;-)

yet IPs are not so cheap, and maybe one still would need to pay extra for nested virt enabled... so not sooo tempted. I think they are also going with those CPUs to reach a higher density and I doubt the single machine to be much more powerful compared to the older ones once the nodes are filled...

after all not tempted yet, esp. not by keeping in mind that ordering one will have me agree to their newer terms which would then forbid mining on my BF vps :-P

at least not worth to try just for balls and at the moment I don't have a real use case.

@fxf said:

I think you got it a bit wrong. you can do 80TB at full speed (200Mbps guaranteed), the 80 Mbps limit only kicks in after that

the thing with the 80TB bandwidth seems more of a typo to me (80mbps/80TB) probably more something along the lines of 20 or maybe 40 ...

Thanked by 4Ympker ehab FHR angstrom
  • neikneik Member

@Falzo said:

@Ympker said:
    @Falzo bait

@ehab said:

haha, thanks guys! the offers look good... 10 core, 32 GB, hmm ;-)

yet IPs are not so cheap, and maybe one still would need to pay extra for nested virt enabled... so not sooo tempted. I think they are also going with those CPUs to reach a higher density and I doubt the single machine to be much more powerful compared to the older ones once the nodes are filled...

after all not tempted yet, esp. not by keeping in mind that ordering one will have me agree to their newer terms which would then forbid mining on my BF vps :-P

at least not worth to try just for balls and at the moment I don't have a real use case.

@fxf said:

I think you got it a bit wrong. you can do 80TB at full speed (200Mbps guaranteed), the 80 Mbps limit only kicks in after that

the thing with the 80TB bandwidth seems more of a typo to me (80mbps/80TB) probably more something along the lines of 20 or maybe 40 ...

That's exactly how it was before only with 80TB of traffic instead of 20TB. So, you will be limited to 10Mbit/s if your average is higher than 80Mbit/s for more than a hour.

• FalzoFalzo Member

neik said: So, you will be limited to 10Mbit/s if your average is higher than 80Mbit/s for more than a hour.

but only after you burned through 80TB beforehand... who will even come close to that?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2018

@Falzo said:

neik said: So, you will be limited to 10Mbit/s if your average is higher than 80Mbit/s for more than a hour.

but only after you burned through 80TB beforehand... who will even come close to that?

P*rnHub :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Ponury_TypPonury_Typ Member
    edited May 2018

@Sven said:

Those got a better multi-score that my home nods with 2x 2670 v2. God dammit, i need to upgrade my homelab again -.-

• ElementElement Member

@Ponury_Typ said:

@Sven said:

Those got a better multi-score that my home nods with 2x 2670 v2. God dammit, i need to upgrade my homelab again -.-

again and again and again!

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

what I always hated about netcup is , their CPU is low MHz , about 2.4 GHz , I'd rather have less cores with higher frequency ...

• How does Netcup's latest offering compare with Hetzner?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited May 2018

Netcup sales are horrible. Insanely broken english and 3 word sentence answers, worse than cociu. Hope their servers is good

Thanked by 1Netsat
  • ehabehab Member

@LTniger said:

i must say cociu has charms... i like him more than vel 8.