Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldest LEB providers here? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oldest LEB providers here?

13»

Comments

• @sleddog said:
    Guess it's time for a break from here. See ya.

You don't mean it for real. You said it before. Twice precisely ;-) Don't be so sensitive. We love ya.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Letbox registered 2000 and start selling VPS last year i think.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

QuickPacket was originally founded in June 2003 - hard to believe it's been over 10 years!

We've been offering web hosting, dedicated servers, and co-location from the beginning and VPS since early 2010.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@Pats said:
    haha.. very true.. :)

lol Catalyst is still very much on the list for reliable provider that will be sticking around for a long time ;) I think our domain is registered to 2022. So we are in it for the long haul.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

Not an LEB host (or LET member) but Rose Hosting was the first provider (according to both them and Linux vServer) to offer commercial VPS services in 2001 and is still in business.

Their 2001 home page: http://web.archive.org/web/20010924043306/http://www.rosehosting.com/virtserv.htm . I think these were offered on P111's.

Look at topic. It's about OLD vps providers

LEB/T is one of the only places where "old" and "established business" is defined as 1 year in business (and in some cases 6 months in business) :)

edit:

@miTgiB said:
    I'll be 50 in February, I win!

I'll hit that age in late January so #DOMAINBOPWINNING

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said:
    I'll be 50 in February, I win!

I will be 39 in february, so you won by an 11 year margin :)

• @Maounique wait, what? You give such valuable personal identifable information about yourself? What has happened to you? :)

P.S.
    And i will be 38 in November

• I will be 28 this December. Hm.. 10 years different. I'm still lack of knowledge :(

• Wow. I don't feel so old!! :-D

edited October 2013

@rds100 said:
    Maounique wait, what? You give such valuable personal identifable information about yourself? What has happened to you? :)

P.S.
    And i will be 38 in November

So you think there are so few 39 ppl in romania ? And, I have nothing to hide, the difference is that I resent people collecting information about me without me allowing it. It is one thing to donate money and the other to be robbed. Since the only way to avoid being robbed is to carry no money with you, I choose to keep them safe.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:
    So you think there are so few 39 ppl in romania ?

This legend that you're from Romania is still to be proved ;-)

• @Maounique said:
    So you think there are so few 39 ppl in romania ?

currently yes... but more will come in Feb ;-)

@prometeus said:
    This legend that you're from Romania is still to be proved ;-)

This reminds me of the nineties, entered a chat room and we were talking about various things when it came to location. I said I am from romania and ppl laughed, one said he is from Zair, like making up something equally less believable :P

• @sleddog said:

Thank you, :) I read the first post and I knew RN and Ipxcore both are reliable and definitly n> @GuanYu said:

sleddog it's quite easy to earn popularity points at LET in short timespan if you're active at LEB, offer really low prices and do things right from beginning. What was called this praised UK LEB host everyone vouched for two years ago? Or this praised LEB host from texas everyone voted for three years ago? Year of offering excellent service is not proven track record. It's just good start.

Obviously we can't say what a host is going to do. Every host can deadpool or screw his customers. (Take a look at NodeDeploy, reliable for a while and now this)

He asked: This includes finding a reliable host (VPS and dedi) that's been around for a while and has a proven track record. And RamNode, Ipxcore and Prometeus are all 'around for a while' and have proven them self.

If I never need to host something critical I will go with one of these 3 hosts. (Mission critical probably Prometeus but if it needs something cheaper or US RamNode/Ipxcore)

• If I never need to host something critical I will go with one of these 3 hosts. (Mission critical probably Prometeus but if it needs something cheaper or US RamNode/Ipxcore)

Just that one of those hosts moved clients to 3 locations including IP change and downtimes every time. I like Ramnode. I like Prometeus. Bang for a buck! And even ipxcore isn't so bad for low end tasks. But...
    One good year at LEB scene is enough to build client base of loyal LEB followers but when someone is searching for old hosts with proven track record I prefer to look wider. I would consider one host you listed for to me important things and suggested all 3 for general usage but not in a terms of this topic. Short term loyalti because one good year has nothing to do with long term reliability reputation. Those things are earned through years of serving clients. If we return to this topic in next 4 or 5 years I may list the same names as you did. But not before.