Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldest LEB providers here? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oldest LEB providers here?

Comments

• onepoundonepound Member
    edited October 2013

No sorry, I prefer to be local to my rack, living close to (5 mins) and working in the DC certainly has its merits.

Thanked by 2johhhn DeletedUser
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@ihatetonyy said:
    SecureDragon/ServerDragon/*Dragon is quite good - looks like they've been around a good long while and they provide great service.

Has it been that long? Seems like just yesterday you guys were working magic in Denver. (RIP)

I guess to be accurate it has been over 1 year since we have entered the VPS market and 2 years doing shared hosting.

• @ryanarp said:
    I guess to be accurate it has been over 1 year since we have entered the VPS market and 2 years doing shared hosting.

Close enough for me; either way you guys are great.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@Magiobiwan said:
    Old doesn't necessarily mean GOOD.

coughBurstNETcough

;)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have been around since 1980 :)

Inception Hosting has been around since December 2010 officially and trading since the start of 2011.

• @Maounique said:
    Haha, probably lost in rollbacks and cluster-f...

oops.. and looks like this poor guy didn't notice also... :)

• Maybe I should add Evorack, Necs, NewWebsite

• You know, oldest doesn't necessarily mean most reliable. However, I can vouch for Prometheus and Edis. I still have two VMs with Prometheus although not using them anymore.

• @DannyAlex said:
    I have checked the older LEB posts, found VPSlink and Datarealm which are the oldest.
    But I have never heard of them.

Datarealm are among stablest hosts I ever used. I cancelled them after 4 years being their client simply because their LEB plan isn't competative anymore in term of resources compared with all this what LEB world have to offer today. If you're looking for something where you don't need to open ticket, don't need to follow twitter and notifications.. and things just work, they are host for you.

Thanked by 1DannyAlex
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@Johhhn,
    Do you mean age on LEB/LET or overall age ? We have been on LET for just a couple of months but as a company nearly 7 years old.

• @Jeffrey said:
    BurstNET - Been around since late 90's

Were they ever on LEB/T?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes.

• @DomainBop said:
    The only provider on that page who is still in business is ServerPronto

VPSLink is still in business. Originally it was Spry's budget brand. They sold it off and it was moved to a different city. LEA and I were at the old VPSLink at the same time many years ago :)

• @kontam said:
    You know, oldest doesn't necessarily mean most reliable. However, I can vouch for Prometheus and Edis. I still have two VMs with Prometheus although not using them anymore.

I second this!

• @rds100 said:
    Our company in it's current form has been registered in 1998, however we obviously didn't sell any VPS or dedicated servers back then. The VPS offers started in March 2011.

1999 here :)

• Overall age and as I mentioned in original post (and later)- most reliable, etc..

I know old != best, but old AND good= pretty damn good. :D

@leapswitch said:
    Johhhn,
    Do you mean age on LEB/LET or overall age ? We have been on LET for just a couple of months but as a company nearly 7 years old.

• @dnwk Yes they were

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Pats said:
    jar u forgot catalyst?? hmm..

I don't know about them. I know the guy who used to administer the servers. He's a bit strange.

• @jarland said:
    He's a bit strange.

haha.. very true.. :)

• @Derek said: BlueVM, INIZ, BuyVM, IPXCore have all been around 2years and get a pretty good rep.

You can add Catalyst to the 2year+ list :)

SecuredSpeed has also been in the LEB VPS market for over 2 for anyone keeping track.

Thanked by 1johhhn
  • My votes go to IPXCore, RamNode and Prometeus.

• 123systems is really old and really slow service :)

• @taronyu said:
    My votes go to IPXCore, RamNode

Look at topic. It's about OLD vps providers not your favourite vps newbies ;-)

Welcome2Inter.net, Prgmr.com, XenVZ and Datarealm get my votes.

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • @GuanYu said:
    Look at topic.

And read it. The OP is looking for reliability and associating age with reliability. As other have said, those things don't necessarily go hand in hand.

So @taronyu 's recommendation of IPXCore, RamNode and Prometeus is perfectly valid. While not necessarily the oldest providers, they are all proven reliable.

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • I'll be 50 in February, I win!

• @miTgiB said:
    I'll be 50 in February, I win!

I was wondering how long it would be before someone took this thread literally :)

• @GuanYu said:
    Welcome2Inter.net, Prgmr.com, XenVZ and Datarealm get my votes.

thanks, Guan.

@sleddog said:

And Sled, no offense intended, but I don't think you read the topic in its entirety. :)

And I quote myself "This includes finding a reliable host (VPS and dedi) that's been around for a while and has a proven track record."

hehe :-D

• GuanYuGuanYu Member
    edited October 2013

@sleddog it's quite easy to earn popularity points at LET in short timespan if you're active at LEB, offer really low prices and do things right from beginning. What was called this praised UK LEB host everyone vouched for two years ago? Or this praised LEB host from texas everyone voted for three years ago? Year of offering excellent service is not proven track record. It's just good start.

Thanked by 1johhhn
  • Whatever. Frankly I'm getting a bit tired of newbie members explaining how things work. Guess it's time for a break from here. See ya.

• INIZ aka StormVZ