Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russia bans Google Cloud, Amazon, Azure, Digital Ocean, Online.net, Hetzner, OVH, others - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Russia bans Google Cloud, Amazon, Azure, Digital Ocean, Online.net, Hetzner, OVH, others

12345679»

Comments

• mkshmksh Member

@jsg said:

@mksh said:
    Well political discussions are somewhat frowned upon here. This thread seems have been tolerated since you can't really seperate the technical from the political part. Still please understand that a new member who starts off by joining such discussion and throwing around stuff that could be seen as flame bait is going to raise some eyebrows.

I don't know if others can see those details on my users page but I just checked and found that I did NOT start in this discussion. My first comments were all in other and technical threads. The same is true for the majority of my comments.

Well, you are quite new though. No need to split hairs.

I find it strange to be repeatedly criticized based on subjective impressions like being subjectively judged as sarcastic

You don't seriously want to tell anyone that you mean stuff like "evil putin dictator" to be taken at face value? Really, don't even try. You don't. Your post is basically making fun of everyone who might be disatisfied with putin. If that's your idea of level headed discussion i am sorry for you.

or on having started off by joining a political discussion which are factually false.

See above and leave the poor hairs alone.

Again, if newcomers have to stick to certain special rules I will comply without any debate, just point me at those rules. Also note that I have been polite and unlike you did not attack or suspect anyone here of having evil intentions.

That's great for you. Here's your cookie.

I will leave this strange thread now because I've had enough of those weird arbitrary allegations and of what seems to be a guilty until proven innocent attitude of some members here. Strange welcome culture you have here in this community.

We are a little touchy aren't we? I'd say i've been awfuly nice considering this is LET...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Somewhat related, Telegram has been banned in Iran yesterday. It seems there couldn't be any better advertisement for the service. "The messenger that the oppressive governments don't want you to use".

edited May 2018

jsg said: Not meaning to spoil the party but WHERE ARE THE BRUTAL COPS?

Here you go:

More than 350 1300 people arrested across Russia in anti-Putin protests, including the opposition leader Alexei Navalny. There are reports of people getting beaten up inside police vehicles.

I was at the event in our town. Here it went peacefully and with no incidents.

Thanked by 1Mxl
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited May 2018

@rm_ said:

That's kinda funny though. The cop in front is undisputable aiming for the ass and going by his facial expression it requires a lot of concentration.

• @rm_ said:

Here you go:

More than 350 1300 people arrested across Russia in anti-Putin protests, including the opposition leader Alexei Navalny. There are reports of people getting beaten up inside police vehicles.

LOL, it's that (twice?) criminally convicted firebrand Navalny who can't take part in elections (because of his past criminal actions) and now resorts to organising riots (in places where he is not authorised to do so) but does so anyway to show the world how bad Russia is. If you want to see some recent brutality in the EU, remember the Catalonia trying to vote, women were pushed down stairs, dragged by the hair and even sexually assaulted by Spanish paramilitary thugs and the rest of the EU was silent. Usual democracy hypocrisy.

Thanked by 1mikei
  • heiskaheiska Member

asterisk14 said: LOL, it's that (twice?) criminally convicted firebrand Navalny who can't take part in elections (because of his past criminal actions) and now resorts to organising riots (in places where he is not authorised to do so) but does so anyway to show the world how bad Russia is.

LOL @textbook example of ad hominem ...

asterisk14 said: If you want to see some recent brutality in the EU, remember the Catalonia trying to vote, women were pushed down stairs, dragged by the hair and even sexually assaulted by Spanish paramilitary thugs and the rest of the EU was silent. Usual democracy hypocrisy.

... and whataboutism.

Thanked by 3rm_ kendid vimalware
  • xaocxaoc Member

@asterisk14 said:

@rm_ said:

Here you go:

LOL, it's that (twice?) criminally convicted firebrand Navalny who can't take part in elections (because of his past criminal actions) and now resorts to organising riots (in places where he is not authorised to do so) but does so anyway to show the world how bad Russia is. If you want to see some recent brutality in the EU, remember the Catalonia trying to vote, women were pushed down stairs, dragged by the hair and even sexually assaulted by Spanish paramilitary thugs and the rest of the EU was silent. Usual democracy hypocrisy.

So it's normal if they do it some place else yea? Also do remember that Putin did order Nemtsov's death so a conviction in the Russian Federation does not prove a person is guilty because their legal system is controlled by the govt hence political and unreliable.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

I say we ban Russia on retaliation. That will fix everything. /sarcasm

• @heiska said:

asterisk14 said: LOL, it's that (twice?) criminally convicted firebrand Navalny who can't take part in elections (because of his past criminal actions) and now resorts to organising riots (in places where he is not authorised to do so) but does so anyway to show the world how bad Russia is.

LOL @textbook example of ad hominem ...

asterisk14 said: If you want to see some recent brutality in the EU, remember the Catalonia trying to vote, women were pushed down stairs, dragged by the hair and even sexually assaulted by Spanish paramilitary thugs and the rest of the EU was silent. Usual democracy hypocrisy.

... and whataboutism.

And the last election Navalny did take part in, he got something like 2% of the votes. He has no chance of winning so resorts to political terrorism and the West lionises him.

Thanked by 1mikei
    edited May 2018

heiska said: ... and whataboutism.

asterisk14 said: And the last election Navalny did take part in, he got something like 2% of the votes. He has no chance of winning so resorts to political terrorism and the West lionises him.

And now plain flat out lies. Navalny ran for the Moscow mayor in 2013, and got 27.24% of the votes. He was not allowed to participate in presidential elections in 2018, and did not enter those before.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

Remember someone made a Reddit about the city council of Moskou not wanting to clear the streets of snow, so they resorted to writing Navalny's name in it to get it cleared.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43034642

• wavecomaswavecomas Member, Host Rep

Most definaltey it´s sad whats going on in Russia in these days. Telegram have huge amount of servers around world now. Roskomnadzor just sending takeout demands to almost every isp and treating to block them otherwise