Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive Dedicated *AMD X4/8GB/1TB/1Gbps –$29.95 ** Xeon X3450 8 Core HT/16GB/2TB/1Gbps –$39.95* - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive Dedicated *AMD X4/8GB/1TB/1Gbps –$29.95 ** Xeon X3450 8 Core HT/16GB/2TB/1Gbps –$39.95*

Comments

• @spekk said:
    That is the truth man, BurstNET are assholes, and VD blamed it on them

Anyway, I know it's not all VD's fault, but next time man, when you wanna take off.

We've elaborated in other LET threads. Needless to say.. we certainly did not "take off" anywhere. We migrated into our newly built facility and a former competitor to whom we had done business with for several years were beside themselves with the thought of losing their largest colo client ever and pulled some really amazing, all-time-low moves that we are currently bringing litigation against.

Spekk, you were not a direct client of ours. If we can do anything in terms of a free upgraded replacement, etc.. please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • @tridinebandim said:
    any panel demo or list of user panel abilities?

We offer a client panel where you can open support tickets, check invoices, etc.. as for the dedicated server themselves, if you'd like a panel to control the server, you could install cPanel, DirectAdmin, etc...

Our Xeon E3 servers come with direct IPMI that you can reboot, reload the os, etc.. However, these are not listed on our specials thread since they are over the $49 limit.

• volumedrivevolumedrive Member
    edited September 2013

@Dorkfiles said:
    Thanks, picking one up now will be used for android variations, gpl/gnu stuff.

Sounds good. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or feedback on your delivery.

• For reinstalls we will order kvm?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Awesome. I ordered a couple. Sorry if the IPs vary, I did one from my phone and one from another server that I've been running x2go over for my primary desktop. Totally forget it isn't local, it runs that good.

• @tridinebandim said:
    For reinstalls we will order kvm?

Yes, free reloads.

• @jarland said:
    Awesome. I ordered a couple. Sorry if the IPs vary, I did one from my phone and one from another server that I've been running x2go over for my primary desktop. Totally forget it isn't local, it runs that good.

Not a problem at all! We'll be processing them later this evening.

• Is this offer still available in 2 or 3 days? (I get money within 3 days)

• @joodle said:
    Is this offer still available in 2 or 3 days? (I get money within 3 days)

If we have enough inventory left. We will still be running specials, if you do not see anything listed on our LET specials page, please feel free to contact us and we'll certainly be able to provide a similar offer.

• Shady work by BurstNET on WHT to completely lie about this whole situation if what @volumedrive said is true. It makes sense that Burst would act the way they did if they knew they were losing a large client.

Good luck getting everything worked out either way, @volumedrive

Thanked by 1volumedrive
  • @volumedrive What is the address of your new datacenter?

• @jeffrey We are located in North Eastern Pennsylvania with direct dark fiber to NYC (5 ms). If you'd like to setup a tour of our new facility, please feel free to contact us and set something up.

• @volumedrive Are you guy's actually renting your own building for this DC or do you own racks with another DC? Just curious.

• @volumedrive
    Do you only have cogent as uplink?

• @volumedrive I ordered a long time ago never got any emails from you, also sent in an email to [email protected] no response.

@Dorkfiles said:
    volumedrive I ordered a long time ago never got any emails from you, also sent in an email to [email protected] no response.

You didn't get a receipt email right after payment? Did you check spam folder as well?

• @jarland said:
    You didn't get a receipt email right after payment? Did you check spam folder as well?

PayPal sent one.

I have a ticket in they say a few more hours, its been approx 12hours now so its all good I guess.

Ref; Ticket [#327565]

• @strex said:
    volumedrive
    Do you only have cogent as uplink?

Yes, we do use Cogent as well as Zayo.

• @Dorkfiles said:
    volumedrive I ordered a long time ago never got any emails from you, also sent in an email to [email protected] no response.

You should have received an automated response from our ordering system with a receipt? Please post your order number here and we'll see that it gets priority in the build queue this evening.

Pretty pumped to test out the network. I'm getting about 35-38mbit from home on that test file. Roughly 50ms average ping.

• volumedrivevolumedrive Member
    edited September 2013

@jarland said:
    Pretty pumped to test out the network. I'm getting about 35-38mbit from home on that test file. Roughly 50ms average ping.

Sounds good, please provide feedback. We've actually just finished processing your orders now.

• 5hi745hi74 Member
    edited September 2013

em.. nice offer.

• Any one can please tell me how is their after sales support? Can we expect at least a reply in 1-2 hours regarding hardware/network issues?

• @niceboy said:
    Any one can please tell me how is their after sales support? Can we expect at least a reply in 1-2 hours regarding hardware/network issues?

We are available 24 x7 and do offer a complete hardware SLA regarding replacement.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

do you offer ipv6 in your dedis...

• @agentmishra said:
    do you offer ipv6 in your dedis...

Yes, we are now offering IPv6. You can simply request an allocation after your server has been provisioned.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3450 @ 2.67GHz

Number of cores : 8

CPU frequency : 2660.047 MHz

Total amount of ram : 16031 MB

Total amount of swap : 4095 MB

System uptime : 10:00,

Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.7MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 7.34MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.28MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 9.53MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 4.63MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.76MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.74MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.85MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.56MB/s

I/O speed : 83.1 MB/s

Specs of the other one I ordered:

CPU model : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E1200 @ 1.60GHz

Number of cores : 2

CPU frequency : 1595.997 MHz

Total amount of ram : 3004 MB

Total amount of swap : 4095 MB

System uptime : 11:56

I/O speed : 73.7 MB/s

First I have to say that the network to Singapore is just seriously lacking. As soon as I find a reason (for the first time since I started using the internet) that I need a good speed to Singapore, I might have something to complain about. Hell will freeze over before I care, just saying.

The CPU in the first machine is exactly as promised. The memory is all there. The 2TB drive is a ST32000542AS. The drive doesn't have the worst or the best reviews, all I can say is it's acceptable and provided that it doesn't fail, no complaints. I'm renting hardware which means I'm yielding to their expertise on this. If they think it's a good drive choice, thumbs up from me until I have a reason to say otherwise.

The second machine I ordered was an Athlon II dual core. The CPU ended up being a Celeron E1200. I'm very pleased with this. Take a minute to look at this thing. It's very low power, can be overclocked without even needing extra cooling (I don't recommend this on rented hardware, buy your own), and if there's one thing Intel knows how to do it's make a CPU. The drive is a WD3200AAJS. This is better than the 250GB advertised.

The second machine seems to think I only have 3GB of memory instead of 4GB. I suppose I could open a ticket about this. I'm trying to determine whether or not I really care enough. I don't really even see myself using 3GB. I can, however, confirm that they did put 4GB of memory in there, and yes I am using a 64bit kernel.

*-bank:0

description: DIMM SDRAM Synchronous

slot: DIMM0

size: 2GiB

width: 64 bits

*-bank:1

description: DIMM SDRAM Synchronous

slot: DIMM1

size: 2GiB

width: 64 bits

All in all I'm quite happy with my purchases. I'll post here if that changes.

Thanked by 1volumedrive
  • @jarland

Glad to see everything is up and running well!

If you have any issues with the memory on the second machine, please open a support ticket and we'll gladly look into it.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s

Almost 5 MB/s to Tokyo from across the other side of the world on a 100 Mbps port with a single threaded test is not bad at all!! Glad to see some real world results here on our new network.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited September 2013

@volumedrive said:
    Download speed from CacheFly: 11.3MB/s

Almost 5 MB/s to Tokyo from across the other side of the world on a 100 Mbps port with a single threaded test is not bad at all!! Glad to see some real world results here on our new network.

I've noticed that your speed test file and own run of bench.sh seem to be limited to 100mbps. I tried running axel -n 50 from 4 servers to your speed test file as well, and the result was that 100mbps got divided over those four servers. I can only assume the speed test is either shaped to 100mbps or actually on a 100mbps port. Both of which make me heavily wary of if you can even provide gbit. And please don't try to say it is the fault of my servers, they are all within NY at the Equinix, Choopa and Telx.

Also, I am in no way attempting to attack or belittle you, or you services. I just don't see why you offer gbit "burstable" as an upgrade if your own (I presume) personal server and test file don't seem to have this option. Maybe you could provide me a test that is actually gbit?