Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Down Again 02/26/2018 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Down Again 02/26/2018

Comments

• KrisKris Member

Wonder who they were talking about then.

As one of our sister companies has now moved to their own facility in Atlanta, we’ve taken over their 10,000 SQF in downtown Atlanta. This allows us to deploy services at both our Atlanta facilities now to provide physical diversity.

Doesn't seem like they have 10k sq. ft from above. Weird.

• sinsin Member

raindog308 said: Hate to tell you but...hosting out of your house is the very definition of low end hosting.

It would probably work better then Delimiter's services though :)

• joshbjoshb Member

Slot hard drive hosting still down since 2/26 .. this beats last year's 5 day outage.. I didn't bother opening any tickets..

• The bridge has already been destroyed but should I try and burn it by doing a Paypal dispute?

• I was looking at one of their cheap ass servera... then I came here. So glad I did. Won't touch it!

• @joshb said:
    Slot hard drive hosting still down since 2/26 .. this beats last year's 5 day outage.. I didn't bother opening any tickets..

Wonder if you are on the same node as me.

• joshbjoshb Member
    edited March 2018

i'm on .. svr041-130.atla03 (still down btw)

• @joshb said:

How did you figure out that was your server?

• joshbjoshb Member
    edited March 2018

You can view the server name Via their Virtualizor vps control page, it's displayed as soon as you log in

• kozikozi Member
    edited March 2018

@joshb said:

hey neighbor, my three slot hosted drives are on the same node, I've been told that the issues I am experiencing may be caused by slot disk corruption, and that they need to pull the disk and fsck it outside of the server... that was over a week ago, no updates since, I've replied for updates several times, and even asked them to format the drives to get my service up and running again... but sounds like it is actually a host / server issue instead :(

• I think we are all on the same node then, and I am still down as well. I wonder what could be causing the issue.

• On 107.189.38/24 and haven't had a problem in the duration of this thread, so yes, if something is wrong it's specific to a location/rack/whatever.

• lazytlazyt Member

Current seems to be some of the slot hosting only. My servers are in the j racks so I'm usually down when ever any thing happens.

• kozikozi Member
    edited March 2018

its worth checking to see if your vm is actually up, I messaged support again and was told my slot vm was back up and running, even through the virtualizer control panel still says offline... I do however have a weird issue with my vm, applications missing, old partition layout, old password needed to login (using windows 2012), and a huge chunk of windows event logs missing from March 2016 through to a few days ago... they've said it wasn't restored from a backup, the server had a RAID1 drive issue that they have since resolved by replacing the failed drive and didn't loose any data... just wierd.

• kozikozi Member

@kozi said:
    even through the virtualizer control panel still says offline.

my panel is now working again, and says I am online...

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited March 2018

Mine is up, but it (( The host VM)) reverted back a whole bunch. Like years ago.

Edit: Actually almost exactly a year ago.

Edit Edit: So it looks like it was restored to something in July of 2016.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

that hurts

• kozikozi Member

@AlyssaD said:
    So it looks like it was restored to something in July of 2016.

I managed to identify the last event log in windows, 7:27:03 am 07/03/2016 (I got my date format wrong and initially thought it was March 2016)

I'm guessing something happened back in July 2016, and the RAID stopped working, the drive that was working failed last week, and in restoring the drive its rebuilt from the old raid drive? maybe?

• clusterfucked

• WSSWSS Member

"We're just going to pretend like the last year and change didn't happen.."

Thanked by 2MasonR ThracianDog
  • @kozi said:

@AlyssaD said:
    So it looks like it was restored to something in July of 2016.

I managed to identify the last event log in windows, 7:27:03 am 07/03/2016 (I got my date format wrong and initially thought it was March 2016)

I'm guessing something happened back in July 2016, and the RAID stopped working, the drive that was working failed last week, and in restoring the drive its rebuilt from the old raid drive? maybe?

I was thinking that was the last internal backup of the vms they had.

• ouijaouija Member

Two servers are offline AGAIN this morning; With this now being the 4th or 5th week in a row, I'm going to have to call it quits.

Far too unreliable for use in a production environment, and I have a similar situation where all this downtime is really messing with the database and replication in place.

Stay away!

• @ouija said:
    Two servers are offline AGAIN this morning; With this now being the 4th or 5th week in a row, I'm going to have to call it quits.

Far too unreliable for use in a production environment, and I have a similar situation where all this downtime is really messing with the database and replication in place.

Stay away!

Switch to Nocix. You might get like one downtime a month if that. Expect one, be surprised when you get less. Profit. Similar pricing range.

• GuyPGuyP Member
    edited March 2018

Crandolph said: Switch to Nocix.

Tried a while back. Their payment system wouldn't accept Visa or Mastercard without a paypal account. Seems odd.

My Delimiter box in ATL is down again. I managed to get a decent backup. I'm done with 'em after this billing cycle.

• They started blocking secure SMTP requests, after using the server for 3 years as my domain's mail server - without notifying me of the policy change. Hey, their network, their rules, whatever.

Since I paid yearly, I asked for a cancellation and a refund of the time remaining - they refused citing other solutions. 3 months later with Delimiter basically ignoring me (and the problem not solved) I opened a PayPal dispute - and they immediately took my server offline, closed my accounts, and charged me $25 (how do you pay if your account is closed?).

In the end I won the PayPal dispute because Delimiter never responded to PayPal's inquires.

Good riddens, Delimiter...

Thanked by 3UnnoTed willie netomx
  • They are claiming my service was "shutdown" becuase i didnt pay for it, when the invoice shows i paid one day before due date. Atleast they tried with an excuse.

Thanked by 2pechspilz netomx
  • joshbjoshb Member
    edited March 2018

Slot hosting ATL still down and Slot status is currently suspended in the VPS panel.. :(

• I'll make a seperate post but they cracked it with me and deleted my account. Stuck with them since 2015 and they pull that, they did me a favour though.

• joshbjoshb Member

ATL slot is still down.. no updates from support

• NealSNealS Member

Well I finally got my turn. My blade server has been down for 8 hours now.

Chassis powered off, nothing with ILO seems to help.

Opened a ticket that I'm sure went into the great void somewhere.

When the OP opened this thread I actually had a reboot that day, which is odd, but I didn't give it a second thought. Have been running well since then. Until today.

I haven't found an offer with a similar price, and the service has been reasonable for the past few years. Except for the once-a-year "power issues" where random racks go down for a few hours.

But probably not worth the price anymore. Too bad I'm paid until Dec 2018.

Thanked by 1netomx
This discussion has been closed.