Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Down Again 02/26/2018 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Down Again 02/26/2018

Comments

• nalplynalply Member
    edited February 2018

@qps said:
    Maybe they are busy working on their [fiber initiative]

Next week I relocate and my new home has fiber with fixed IP address. Yay. No more low end hosting.

Edit: Fiber but not with Yomura! Of course.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

@CFarence said:

@AlyssaD said:
    Still down...

34 hours and counting....

Just curious what monitoring system that is?

LibreNMS or Observium

• ouijaouija Member
    edited February 2018

I too have experienced nothing but problems with Delimiter this week. Multiple accounts/servers, all experiencing downtime issues over the past two weeks.

Finally got one of them back online last night (after nearly 48 hours of downtime), only to have another go offline shortly after. Here we are over 24 hours after my support ticket for that, and now a second server has gone offline. No responses to any tickets. Grrrrrr....

Honestly haven't had this bad of an experience since joining them, but this really has really made me lose faith in their services. One cannot reliably use their services in a production environment with this amount of volatility and lack of support.

Does anyone on here have any suggestions for alternate providers? I cannot continue to use their services any longer and will be moving at least three separate accounts somewhere else.

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@ouija said:
    I too have experienced nothing but problems with Delimiter this week. Multiple accounts/servers, all experiencing downtime issues over the past two weeks.

Finally got one of them back online last night (after nearly 48 hours of downtime), only to have another go offline shortly after. Here we are over 24 hours after my support ticket for that, and now a second server has gone offline. No responses to any tickets. Grrrrrr....

Honestly haven't had this bad of an experience since joining them, but this really has really made me lose faith in their services. One cannot reliably use their services in a production environment with this amount of volatility and lack of support.

Does anyone on here have any suggestions for alternate providers? I cannot continue to use their services any longer and will be moving at least three separate accounts somewhere else.

@SSDBlaze Noah D is a good alternative.

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • FINALLY got a response from them after an abrasive comment about their lack of support and responses, but sheds no light on the issue or resolution thereof. What an awful experience. I would definitely not recommend their service to anyone.

• It can also mean "fuck off, we don't care."

• Still down, 59 hours and counting....

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I tis weird, they have just sent an advertising email

• Yeah, I got it 3 times... ;)

• I got it 4 times, and they still aren't up.

• Yea I'm done with these flogs. I have had my $20 dedi for years but it's time to move on

• @corbpie said:
    Yea I'm done with these flogs. I have had my $20 dedi for years but it's time to move on

I've had this dedi for 4 years now and I'm kinda sad to see if go. When it's up it does ok, network latency has been pretty stable and really haven't had major issues other then the random outages and support being jerks some times about the outages. Though in this case I was down initially but came back up a few hours after it went down and have been fine since.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • lazytlazyt Member

Both of mine were down 3 hours then again for one hour. They've been up with no problems since then. I need to move one of them out. The resets are killing a already fickle database.

• @lazyt said:
    Both of mine were down 3 hours then again for one hour. They've been up with no problems since then. I need to move one of them out. The resets are killing a already fickle database.

Be glad you are even up, still down...

• lazytlazyt Member

Do you know what rack you are in?

• Nope, slot hosting.

• XeiXei Member
    edited March 2018

Are they near deadpool status yet?

• Worse provider I've ever had, hands down. Blamed everything on me. They were like 0-4 blaming stuff on me. It always something on their end.

• Anyone find out what is going on with them. I am still down.

• KrisKris Member

Last year, off their blog:

As one of our sister companies has now moved to their own facility in Atlanta, we’ve taken over their 10,000 SQF in downtown Atlanta. This allows us to deploy services at both our Atlanta facilities now to provide physical diversity.

Maybe when Tulix / Tulip Systems left them with the space at 55 Marietta Street they took the UPS systems and any knowledgable staff. An old staff member confirmed that they were a partner, as well as an MTR inbound at one point when I had stuff with them.

• 113 hours down... another bump to let people know.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

Kris said: Maybe when Tulix / Tulip Systems left them with the space at 55 Marietta Street they took the UPS systems and any knowledgable staff. An old staff member confirmed that they were a partner, as well as an MTR inbound at one point when I had stuff with them.

I don't think they took over the former Tulix/Tulip space, judging from the building's website. Suite 1720 is Delimiter, the space formerly occupied by Tulix/Tulip (which was suites 1740, 1765, and 1725) appear to be empty.

Thanked by 2Kris CFarence
  • AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited March 2018

That would mean they are mostly empty?

Never mind, but they are still fairly empty.

https://55mariettast.com/floor-plans/

• well unfortunately it seems they are having a bad time. I have been a client of them for several years now and no major issues until recently. A downtime that actually was resolved over night, lucky me. But the most recent issue I had with them is that I actually got a new server, paid but after more than 2 weeks without getting it delivered I requested a cancellation. The worst thing is that now I have $250 worth of credit because they don't do refunds.... even if they fail to deliver the server.... overall not happy with them to be honest.
    hope you get your server online soon.

• Another day, still down. No responses to ticket besides "We have contacted DC staff to look into the issue." that they posted a few days ago. Portal can't start server.

Wonderful.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

nalply said: Next week I relocate and my new home has fiber with fixed IP address. Yay. No more low end hosting.

Hate to tell you but...hosting out of your house is the very definition of low end hosting.

AlyssaD said: I got it 4 times, and they still aren't up.

Maybe they need some more sales to pay bills before they can restore service...

Thanked by 2Xei netomx
  • @raindog308 said:
    Hate to tell you but...hosting out of your house is the very definition of low end hosting.

New definition of LE(U)T - Low End-user Hosting

Thanked by 1Xei
  • Over a week down now... things aren't looking good. Contacting them via alternative methods now to attempt to get a resolution.

• KrisKris Member

qps said: I don't think they took over the former Tulix/Tulip space, judging from the building's website. Suite 1720 is Delimiter, the space formerly occupied by Tulix/Tulip (which was suites 1740, 1765, and 1725) appear to be empty.

Good call.

I just remember Tulix/Tulip showing up on MTRs and an employee confirmed at the time they were a 'partner.'

Months later they posted on their blog they took over the space from a 'sister company who moved out'. I guess they took over someone else's colo space then... who apparently was more familiar with how to properly run it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • RyanDRyanD Member

@Kris said:

qps said: I don't think they took over the former Tulix/Tulip space, judging from the building's website. Suite 1720 is Delimiter, the space formerly occupied by Tulix/Tulip (which was suites 1740, 1765, and 1725) appear to be empty.

Good call.

I just remember Tulix/Tulip showing up on MTRs and an employee confirmed at the time they were a 'partner.'

Months later they posted on their blog they took over the space from a 'sister company who moved out'. I guess they took over someone else's colo space then... who apparently was more familiar with how to properly run it.

They never were a "Partner" they were simply a transit client of Tulix Systems, nothing more. They have never expanded in Atlanta, there is no "sister company"

This discussion has been closed.