Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner already open finland? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner already open finland?

124»

Comments

• williewillie Member

Btw (slightly off topic): @Hetzner_OL if you're still around, do you think the EX-51GPU might ever come back? I'm not trying to get one right now but have been keeping an eye on availability, in case I want one some day.

• chx818chx818 Member
    edited May 2018

@WebDude said:
    Sounds strange to host in Finland or in Germany for Chinese client base. Woudln't hosting in China would be obvious option? Yes, there are some hurdles in it. Otherwise Hong Kong / Singapore hosting would sound better. Yet sites outside China are hindered by GFW anyway. How about using Alibaba?

I'm just wondering why Finland for China. If it's about global audience, then using some caching solution inside China if possible, would make sense.

I want to tell you that if Hetzner does this, it will welcome a large number of orders. A lot of servers will be sold out. I am in such a circle in China, so I know what people in China need. Optimizing network links from China will bring about cost increase, but it will also bring a large number of Chinese orders, which is what Chinese people often say about small profits and quick turnover. Another point is that I hope that LET members and providers do not discriminate against the Chinese. Although there are some black sheep from China who abuse the services provided by the providers, most Chinese people will not do so. I often say this to some people around me: The customer is God, but God wants to care about the business experience. Because of this, I can understand the authentication required by some large service providers. Although it is annoying to do so, it can prevent most abuses. I am still essentially supportive. So when I saw other people who like to abuse services (in China we often like to call such people mjj), I would criticize or even call them.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited May 2018

Plan: 2cpu/4GB/40GB 4.99€/month

(installed thru Hetzner ISO image)

Data Speed -

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2018

chx818 said: But can you optimize the network from China?

Everything in the world must be China-optimized, or it's pure trash not worthy of existing, I see. Cut it off, don't be so spoiled and self-centered, there are other countries in the world besides China, not to mention with clients who don't scam DoS or Paypal dispute in 5 minutes and whatnot. And asking Finland to get China-optimized (LOOK AT THE FUCKING GLOBE WHERE IS FINLAND AND WHERE IS CHINA) is just pure WTF.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited May 2018

Windows Server 2016 installed on

Hetzner Cloud: 1cpu/2GB/20GB 2.49€/month

https://i.imgur.com/jQsYYoM.jpg

• chx818chx818 Member

@rm_ said:

Everything in the world must be China-optimized, or it's pure trash not worthy of existing, I see. Cut it off, don't be so spoiled and self-centered, there are other countries in the world besides China, not to mention with clients who don't scam DoS or Paypal dispute in 5 minutes and whatnot. And asking Finland to get China-optimized (LOOK AT THE FUCKING GLOBE WHERE IS FINLAND AND WHERE IS CHINA) is just pure WTF.

On behalf of the Chinese who have done shameless acts, I apologize to all the injured businesses. But as a Chinese, I refuse anyone to abuse my motherland! And I didn't center on myself. If you think there is such a thing in my words, then I, I apologize to you. I admit that there are some shameless and shameless acts that have damaged the image of the entire Chinese people. As China's old saying goes: A rat has damaged a pot of porridge. Please do not measure the quality of all Chinese people with the behavior of some Chinese people. I also run a very small-scale hosting business, so I can experience what it feels like to other businesses. And I have to reiterate that what I said about optimizing Internet links from China is not to hope that there will be some special optimized routes. And I just thought that Hetzner could slightly optimize the network from China, because the quality of the Internet is really unimaginable. This problem is particularly evident on China Unicom. Taking Beijing's international network export (AS4837) as an example, he will first connect to China Unicom's exports in San Jose, USA, and then connect to New York (AS6453) in the US before connecting to London (AS6453) → Amsterdam (AS6453) → Frankfurt (AS6453) → Falkenstein (AS24940) before connecting to Finland (AS24940/AS57166). In other words, once you connect, you have to go around half of the earth, and even reach twice the straight line distance between Beijing and Finland, so the network situation can be imagined.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2018

chx818 said: even reach twice the straight line distance between Beijing and Finland, so the network situation can be imagined.

The obvious solution to that issue is don't put your data in Finland if you have to quickly transfer it to China. Why not put it in San Jose so you have a much more direct link? (Actually I'm surprised San Jose is the first stop instead of Los Angeles. San Jose is unfortunately somewhat more expensive than LA as a hosting location.)

I live in the US, and Hetzner connectivity is bad to here too (maybe not as bad as to China). I personally don't mind that since I use my Hetzner server mostly for storage and computation, and I can live with the slow network. I actually wouldn't want Hetzner to speed up its network to the US if that meant raising prices by more than a tiny bit. There are other hosts with better connectivity to the US, so I could use one of those (and pay more) if I wanted the speed. So I like having the option of paying less by deciding I don't need the speed. Even if I didn't use that option, I'm glad that it exists.

Really though, I think Hetzner is best for European customers since their connectivity to Europe is excellent. Customers like you (in China) and me (in the US) are still getting a great deal for CPU and disk, so we have to decide if that outweighs the slow network. If not, better try another host.

• WebDudeWebDude Member

Sorry, off-topic:
    Afaik ROTACS / PolarNetProject doesn't exist yet? And as far as I know, it's not going to exist anytime soon. - But this is off-topic. It could improve the connectivity. Yet, it's still a long long distance causing high latency anyway. Yet I would love seeing it becoming reality.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@chx818 We want to eventually improve our network to as many places as possible. However, we are a privately owned company without outside investors. This actually helps keep our prices down. (We don't have to appease stock holders.) But it means that we cannot expand as quickly as some other companies. We would rather do a good job in a limited market and expand slowly and steadily, than over-expand and do a poor job. However, it is wonderful to know that customers in China would welcome us. It's always nice to get feedback like that!

@willie I was on holiday, giving my parents a National-Lampoon-like vacation through Europe. I can't comment on the EX51-GPU. I'll try to post here as soon as I have more information.

--Katie, Marketing

• williewillie Member

Hetzner_OL said: I was on holiday, giving my parents a National-Lampoon-like vacation through Europe.

Heh, I hope you had a great time and welcome back. I don't know what a National-Lampoon-like vacation is but now I want to go on one too.

• Btw, Hetzners connectivity is so much better than Google's. At least in Finland.

It's very nice to see how nice latencies you'll get inside Finland and from neighboring countries like Russia and Sweden and Estonia to the Hetzner DC in Tuusula.

On contrary, I guess Google's connectivity is just extremely bad.

edited June 2018

WebDude said: and from neighboring countries like Russia

Nope, they still didn't fix Russia routing through Frankfurt. They do not care. Even though being the only foreign hosting company in the world who collects Russian VAT.

Host                                          Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
     1. ???
     2. lag-3-438.bgw01.tmn.ertelecom.ru            0.0%     6    1.1   1.9   1.1   2.7   0.0
     3. GW-ERTelecom.retn.net                       0.0%     6   29.2  28.0  26.6  29.2   0.8
     4. ae10-153.RT1.M9.MSK.RU.retn.net             0.0%     6   28.7  28.1  27.4  28.7   0.0
     5. ae1-5.RT.IRX.FKT.DE.retn.net                0.0%     6   64.4  64.1  63.1  64.9   0.0
     6. GW-Hetzner.retn.net                         0.0%     6   63.6  63.9  62.6  66.5   1.3
     7. core9.fra.hetzner.com                       0.0%     6   64.1  77.1  62.8 145.5  33.5
     8. core31.hel1.hetzner.com                     0.0%     6   83.0  89.0  83.0  99.7   7.7
     9. ex9k1.dc2.hel1.hetzner.com                  0.0%     6   84.9  84.8  83.2  85.3   0.6
    10. static.40.24.216.95.clients.your-server.de  0.0%     6   83.4  83.6  83.2  83.9   0.0

• Yeah, it depends about which ISP you're using. If you're using Telia, then it's routed directly. But ReTN routes via Frankfurt.

It's very similar situation when some ISPs route from Helsinki to Warsaw via Stockholm and Frankfurt. But some use Helsinki, Tallin, Riga, Vilna, Warsaw route.

• Private trackers are ok?

• @plumberg said:
    Private trackers are ok?

Yes

• gaRt3ngaRt3n Member

Hey there,

is there a Test IP to get the Ping? Are these Services good enough to use GameServer vor German Players?

Right now I'm using one of these Special Offer OVH Server (8TB 64GB RAM etc.) but i need much more I/O than i can get with this Server.

So I'm wondering to Change the Server with 64gb RAM and about 2x512gb SSD.

• is there a Test IP to get the Ping?

213.239.224.38 Helsinki Core Router.

• mkshmksh Member

@gaRt3n said:
    is there a Test IP to get the Ping? Are these Services good enough to use GameServer vor German Players?

Why would you order a Hetzner server in Helsinki and not Nuremberg/Falkenstein for german players?

Thanked by 4rm_ WebDude bjo vimalware

WebDude said: 213.239.224.38 Helsinki Core Router.

Router ranges may route differently from the actual client ones, better use one of the dedi IPs: 95.216.24.40.

• gaRt3ngaRt3n Member

@mksh said:

@gaRt3n said:

Why would you order a Hetzner server in Helsinki and not Nuremberg/Falkenstein for german players?

Cause it's cheaper? ^^

• pikepike Veteran

@mksh said:

Indeed that's what I do and the +20ms ping is no trouble. If you want best pings you don't go to Hetzner anyway.

• mkshmksh Member

@gaRt3n said:

@mksh said:

@gaRt3n said:

Cause it's cheaper? ^^

Those couple euros wouldn't be the deciding factor for me but OK, this is LET after all.

@pike said:

@mksh said:

Indeed that's what I do and the +20ms ping is no trouble. If you want best pings you don't go to Hetzner anyway.

Agreed. It's 20ms of more whining though.

Thanked by 1pike

gaRt3n said: Cause it's cheaper? ^^

I don't see how you get Finland to be cheaper. All of the cheapest offers on https://www.hetzner.com/sb are now Germany-only.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • williewillie Member

Hetzner_OL said: I can't comment on the EX51-GPU. I'll try to post here as soon as I have more information.

Woo hoo! The EX-51 GPU is available again. No idea how long it will last. I want one but am going to keep resisting for now, and it will probably go out of stock again to remove temptation further. Still, it's a great deal.

• gaRt3ngaRt3n Member

@rm_ said:

I don't see how you get Finland to be cheaper. All of the cheapest offers on https://www.hetzner.com/sb are now Germany-only.

Well i need at least 64gig ram and just to be safe 500gig SSD in Raid1.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited July 2018

@gaRt3n said:

@rm_ said:

Well i need at least 64gig ram and just to be safe 500gig SSD in Raid1.

Minecraft? In that case the added latency doesn't make a difference as it's netcode is complete and utter garbage by default.

• @chx818 said:

@rm_ said:

On behalf of the Chinese who have done shameless acts, I apologize to all the injured businesses. But as a Chinese, I refuse anyone to abuse my motherland! And I didn't center on myself. If you think there is such a thing in my words, then I, I apologize to you. I admit that there are some shameless and shameless acts that have damaged the image of the entire Chinese people. As China's old saying goes: A rat has damaged a pot of porridge. Please do not measure the quality of all Chinese people with the behavior of some Chinese people. I also run a very small-scale hosting business, so I can experience what it feels like to other businesses. And I have to reiterate that what I said about optimizing Internet links from China is not to hope that there will be some special optimized routes. And I just thought that Hetzner could slightly optimize the network from China, because the quality of the Internet is really unimaginable. This problem is particularly evident on China Unicom. Taking Beijing's international network export (AS4837) as an example, he will first connect to China Unicom's exports in San Jose, USA, and then connect to New York (AS6453) in the US before connecting to London (AS6453) → Amsterdam (AS6453) → Frankfurt (AS6453) → Falkenstein (AS24940) before connecting to Finland (AS24940/AS57166). In other words, once you connect, you have to go around half of the earth, and even reach twice the straight line distance between Beijing and Finland, so the network situation can be imagined.

Hey dude, I'm living in China too, and don't give a fuck to these racists. Not everyone hates Chinese, it's just racism happening.
    I think the best bet for us might be to buy a CN2 vps, to deal with the awful GFW and improve the connection speed to the Hetzner Cloud.

This discussion has been closed.