Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner already open finland? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner already open finland?

Comments

• @ehab said:

@Aidan said:
    I'm not cutting the grass.

its not the grass you should worry about it's pushing the snow.... r u ready?

Oh, no. One should not meddle in the affairs of nature.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

Tom said: Can you?!

Um yeah, that is why the thread was opened... Check the very first post. Only certain servers but you can order them. I have ordered one.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • Lee said: I have ordered one.

Was it delivered?

• Are they a good provider for dedicated servers? do they have DDoS protection?

• @RWB_Hosting said:
    Are they a good provider for dedicated servers? do they have DDoS protection?

You really can't wait for that provider tag, can't you?

• Just looking for good providers to lease dedicated servers from.

• @RWB_Hosting said:
    Just looking for good providers to lease dedicated servers from.

Yep Hetzner = good. Also has DDoS protection. Hope that helps somehow.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @RWB_Hosting said:
    Are they a good provider for dedicated servers? do they have DDoS protection?

Hetzner is a very professional company.

• graphic said: Hetzner is a very professional company.

>

RWB_Hosting on the other hand is the opposite

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi LET readers, Since only a very limited number of servers are available at the moment in Finland, we have not advertised the data center in Helsinki yet. In the coming months, there will be an official opening, which we will announce in the press. For now, only some of the dedicated root servers which use Robot adminstration interface are available. As more products become available, you will see that you can choose the location for the products using Robot. If you can't choose the location Finland, that means it's not available yet. Please be patient and understand that we are working at top speed to offer more products there as soon as possible.

The C-Lion cable, which Cinia built from Rostock to Helsinki, and with which Hetzner Online was involved, is finished. Thanks to @tomle for pointing out that the other article above was about a separate Cinia project through the Arctic Circle.

If you are a customer and are not satisfied with the routing/networking from Finland, please write a support request via Robot so that our networking team can help you more quickly and effectively. --Katie, Marketing

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2018

Hetzner_OL said: As more products become available

#CLOUD

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@willie said:
    #CLOUD

Well, I am still waiting, for a wifi toilet that only works when you have internet.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Neoon said:

@willie said:
    #CLOUD

Well, I am still waiting, for a wifi toilet that only works when you have internet.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-wifi-smart-toilet-gets-hacked-seriously-theres-a-wifi-toilet/

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@AuroraZ said:

@Neoon said:

@willie said:
    #CLOUD

http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-wifi-smart-toilet-gets-hacked-seriously-theres-a-wifi-toilet/

• @Hetzner_OL, so, Katie, seeing anyone? My bandwidth is bigger (no it's not).

Thanked by 1acidpuke
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Hetzner_OL, any ETA for this new location in Clouds?

Thanked by 2ucxo Xei
  • @WSS said:
    @Hetzner_OL, so, Katie, seeing anyone? My bandwidth is bigger (no it's not).

Don't you mean bandwich?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@MikePT - No specific ETA for Hetzner Cloud in Finland, but I'll keep you updated as always. We at Hetzner Online like to reveal our hand at the last minute. Maybe it's cliché, but we like the dramatic effect. And you guys here at LET seem to like the drama, too. ;)

@WSS - That's sweet, but do you really want to start comparing bandwidth with me...? ;)

--Katie, Marketing

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Hetzner_OL said:
    @MikePT - No specific ETA for Hetzner Cloud in Finland, but I'll keep you updated as always. We at Hetzner Online like to reveal our hand at the last minute. Maybe it's cliché, but we like the dramatic effect. And you guys here at LET seem to like the drama, too. ;)

@WSS - That's sweet, but do you really want to start comparing bandwidth with me...? ;)

--Katie, Marketing

You are daaaamn right Katie!

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    And you guys here at LET seem to like the drama, too. ;)

--Katie, Marketing

Lol you made my day

Thanked by 2MikePT Xei
  • Without any drama, a few minutes ago I got my new EX41 from HEL1-DC2. Order processing time was about 1 hour 50min. :)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • I like this provider so far also. Will write detailed review once the one month mark is reached.
    @Hetzner_OL
    We like some good drama also. Not just bad drama.
    I am glad that Hetzner is usually involved in good drama and if their are issues or pr you handle it well.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @karjaj said:

geekbench please? thanks in advance.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • I have not installed OS yet, but later today, maybe... :)

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited February 2018

@karjaj said:
    I have not installed OS yet, but later today, maybe... :)

A server ordered by LET has to idle for at least one month.
    After that you'll have to cancel it cause you don't need more servers.

Thanked by 3karjaj Xei pike
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

--Katie, Marketing

If you're threatening to overflow, count me in.

• rkanrkan Member
    edited February 2018

Great! Hetzner is going to destroy pricing in Finland (maybe a bit in Scandinavia-Western russia too).. However.. Currently they would also destroy my bank account. So, I follow the LET crowd and go:

#CLOUD

Anyone got an idea what is currently the cheapest way to route any connection via C-lion? How do the German DC based cloud boxes route?

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • Ping to some other providers I'm using, like UpCloud.com is well under 1 ms.

@rkan said:
    Great! Hetzner is going to destroy pricing in Finland (maybe a bit in Scandinavia-Western russia too).. However.. Currently they would also destroy my bank account. So, I follow the LET crowd and go:

That would be so great, can't wait it to happen. Server markets in Finland have been over priced or ridiculously over priced, depending which provider you're looking at.

One good example is that providers like UpCloud provide unified pricing, except there's surcharges if you choose Finland / Helsinki as location.

Thanked by 2karjaj rkan
  • graphicgraphic Member
    edited February 2018

@karjaj said:
    I have not installed OS yet, but later today, maybe... :)

Have you already installed a OS on it? :D
    I want to see some network speeds.

• Yes, there's basic Proxmox install without VMs. What is good test for network speeds to different locations?

This discussion has been closed.